United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Google

Default Re: Cesc Fabregas to Barca £30 - 35 Million

Just spoken to a mate (arsenal fan) who claims to have some inside knowledge into the deal. The deal also includes Arshavin and is over £40 million, he also said that the deal was done in feb. Claims Cesc told wenger he would only leave for Barca and they couldn't get a bidding war going to up the price. Deal still sounds far to cheap to me, can't see why Barca would want to sign Arshavin either unless Wenger wants him out

Unread 18-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google
Just spoken to a mate (arsenal fan) who claims to have some inside knowledge into the deal. The deal also includes Arshavin and is over £40 million, he also said that the deal was done in feb. Claims Cesc told wenger he would only leave for Barca and they couldn't get a bidding war going to up the price. Deal still sounds far to cheap to me, can't see why Barca would want to sign Arshavin either unless Wenger wants him out
Given the plank was gobbing off towards the end of the season, and looks a complete and utter tool, it wouldn't surprise me. That would open up a move for Suarez who Arsenal have supposedly been watching on/off all season.

Unread 18-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Given the plank was gobbing off towards the end of the season, and looks a complete and utter tool, it wouldn't surprise me. That would open up a move for Suarez who Arsenal have supposedly been watching on/off all season.
Tbf so have most of the top clubs in europe, we were linked last summer too. Really hope we get him, something about us signing players from holland that seems to work, though someone will probably prove that theory wrong shortly.

Unread 18-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Tbf so have most of the top clubs in europe, we were linked last summer too. Really hope we get him, something about us signing players from holland that seems to work, though someone will probably prove that theory wrong shortly.
Only going off the recent paper talk. I did say the other day if he went to the PL I could see it being Arsenal, Arshavin going would free up a spot in their squad.

I'm aware we could do with him though. Or a similar player.

Unread 19-05-2010, 06:42 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
no.
young ambitious players move to english clubs for first team football..then when the time is right, return to their childhood club.
ffs

youd be all over Fergie on here if we did that.

Unread 19-05-2010, 07:16 AM
treme

Quote:
Liam. who the £#%&! do you know who has 'inside knowledge'? Apart from a mate who goes on an Arsenal forum?

Unread 19-05-2010, 07:34 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by treme
Liam. who the £#%&! do you know who has 'inside knowledge'? Apart from a mate who goes on an Arsenal forum?
Listen Lee, who the £#%&! are you to question if someone has 'inside knowledge' ?

stick to solving crosswords detective #@&%!splash

Unread 19-05-2010, 07:49 AM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Listen Lee, who the £#%&! are you to question if someone has 'inside knowledge' ?

stick to solving crosswords detective #@&%!splash
He's a mate of mine and the only person he knows with inside knowledge is me and I haven't told him anything.

Unread 19-05-2010, 07:55 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
no.
young ambitious players move to english clubs for first team football..then when the time is right, return to their childhood club.
No they don't, they move to English football for money as you can sign a pro contract a year sooner in England and so start earning a couple of grand a week a lot sooner. Once again you prove you know nothing about football. Well done.

Unread 19-05-2010, 08:03 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
No they don't, they move to English football for money as you can sign a pro contract a year sooner in England and so start earning a couple of grand a week a lot sooner. Once again you prove you know nothing about football. Well done.
Expect him to reply about your bikes

Unread 19-05-2010, 08:16 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Expect him to reply about your bikes
I'm down to only 3 now

Unread 19-05-2010, 08:18 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
I'm down to only 3 now
Mans stack it?

Unread 19-05-2010, 08:25 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Mans stack it?
Nah, flogged the downhill bike as I got a very good offer. That and I had too accute an awareness of my own mortality for it.

Unread 19-05-2010, 08:29 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Nah, flogged the downhill bike as I got a very good offer. That and I had too accute an awareness of my own mortality for it.
So in other words you pussied out?

Unread 19-05-2010, 08:44 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
So in other words you pussied out?

Pretty much. I'm in my 30s and whilst the idea of leaping of the sides of mountains, riding off drops taller than me and finding myself frequently airborn is brilliant as an idea in reality it is really very scary. Then what happens is you start to get the hang of it and that in itself should be scary, when you are throwing yourself down something where a little mistake could mean some really rather nasty injuries and are not that bothered about it then its a worry. That and the average of about an hour pushing a 50 pound bike uphill for about 10 minutes of descending is back breaking.

Unread 19-05-2010, 10:42 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Closed Thread