United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2017, 04:10 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He looked poor though. Can vividly remember thinking the lad hasn't got it.

Seriously doubt he'd have played that season.

I didn't see this quality on the ball being mentioned either.
point was he's a converted full back though, and van gaal was all over mcnair for his ability on the ball and also obsessed with having a left footer on the left side of his defence ...

it's a simple fact that keane was a talented kid at united and that itcs not a surprise to anyone hes' doing far far better now than the 2 lads van gaal promoted ahead of him at the back.

van gaal was entitled to cull the squad if he saw fit but his choice of replacements by and large, as you'll agree, were poorly conceived and rarely worked.

it would be pretty ironic if mourinho's team next season is built around including players originally from our own academy through its spine.

Unread 22-04-2017, 04:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
point was he's a converted full back though, and van gaal was all over mcnair for his ability on the ball and also obsessed with having a left footer on the left side of his defence ...

it's a simple fact that keane was a talented kid at united and that itcs not a surprise to anyone hes' doing far far better now than the 2 lads van gaal promoted ahead of him at the back.

van gaal was entitled to cull the squad if he saw fit but his choice of replacements by and large, as you'll agree, were poorly conceived and rarely worked.

it would be pretty ironic if mourinho's team next season is built around including players originally from our own academy through its spine.
I just don't think this is a particularly good example. He didn't look good enough so he was allowed to leave. I don't expect he'd have made much of a difference to United over the last few years and it would be a surprise - albeit a nice one - if he proved to be a top player.

Van Gaal's eye for young talent is pretty much the best in the game. That was demonstrated again at United. Again I haven't watched Keane much for Burnley, but my recollection is that he was way off the standard needed, especially for playing out and a high line.

Unread 22-04-2017, 05:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetch
He's not out for the season.

nft.
Er, yes he is.

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39677389

Unread 22-04-2017, 05:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I just don't think this is a particularly good example. He didn't look good enough so he was allowed to leave. I don't expect he'd have made much of a difference to United over the last few years and it would be a surprise - albeit a nice one - if he proved to be a top player.

Van Gaal's eye for young talent is pretty much the best in the game. That was demonstrated again at United. Again I haven't watched Keane much for Burnley, but my recollection is that he was way off the standard needed, especially for playing out and a high line.
see, no, i'm not having that at all ...

he signed martial and that's cool, although the fee is huge and we still await anything resembling the real deal tbh

other than that he signed no young players. he gave a few their heads in the 1st team and i don't go along with the excuse that he had no choice. but at the same time he clearly had a scattergun approach to it and didn't even know half their names. he also got rid of januzaj, wilson, welbeck, perreira and both keanes.

tbf to mourinho he has carried van gaal's "legacy" over and looked after his prize asset rashford pretty well in terms of keeping him happy behind the scenes and hopefully keeping tfm in abeyance will bring the same reward.

so what exactly is van gaal's legacy at united re young players? you can say he found lingard a regular place in the side but he hardly discovered him did he, and he only really got in because di maria and depay (who the manager spent £90m on between them) both hopelessly flopped.

Unread 22-04-2017, 05:48 PM
S/Side.Red

You're not drawing me into this

Unread 22-04-2017, 06:07 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
And this is based on.......?
God knows. He's out for a while, ligaments £#%&!ed.

Unread 22-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Crumps

Keane was never going to get the games needed to get to his current standard at United. He was in our academy due to his potential and the only way he was going to realise thhat potential was by moving as he wasn't at the standard to command a place within the first team squad and going out on loan or reserve football wasn't going to do the trick either.

Unread 22-04-2017, 08:20 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Is that a Big Bereiters exclusive?

Unread 22-04-2017, 08:40 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Ay up, friends with the stars friend is here.

Unread 24-04-2017, 03:28 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wasn't Ben Mee at City?
Captained their youth side but never really made it there. Boyata was deemed a better option MOTWYW

Unread 22-08-2017, 11:36 AM
Clarkie

Back in training

Unread 22-08-2017, 12:45 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Back in training

love Marcos tbf

Unread 22-08-2017, 02:01 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Back in training

Unread 22-08-2017, 02:41 PM
BarryX

If ever there's a time when Rojo, Lukaku and Zlatan (if he signs again), are on the pitch at the same time, I honestly think we'd have the hardest team in world football.

Unread 22-08-2017, 02:54 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
If ever there's a time when Rojo, Lukaku and Zlatan (if he signs again), are on the pitch at the same time, I honestly think we'd have the hardest team in world football.
I said on another post....imagine we are chasing a game with 20 mins to go and he goes with Lukaku and Ibra upfront and Felliani in behind them
Matic, Bailly, Pogba and Rojo up with them for corners

City looked like a bunch of midgets playing football last night, technically excellent but you could see them getting bullied in games

Unread 22-08-2017, 02:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Rojo is a £#%&!ing tart

Unread 22-08-2017, 03:20 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Rojo is a £#%&!ing tart
Rojo IS more loco than Cypress Hill, ese. He's a proper G, as they (and the papers) say.

He was loving winding up that rent boy hardman Costa last year, as I recall, and wasn't giving him an inch.

£#%&! me, I forgot Valencia as well. A beast of a man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
I said on another post....imagine we are chasing a game with 20 mins to go and he goes with Lukaku and Ibra upfront and Felliani in behind them
Matic, Bailly, Pogba and Rojo up with them for corners
Felliani, hated as much as he is, is still another hard as nails bastard. What a manly team indeed - we're going to kick the shit out of the Premier League this year, proper steamroll teams.

Unread 22-08-2017, 03:24 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Rojo IS more loco than Cypress Hill, ese. He's a proper G, as they (and the papers) say.

He was loving winding up that rent boy hardman Costa last year, as I recall, and wasn't giving him an inch.

That's only what has been reported, done much worse back home by all accounts. Genuinely a bit of a £#%&!ing nutcase.

Unread 22-08-2017, 03:30 PM
20 times

Quote:
Rojo is a £#%&!ing tart
Glassed some @#%&! in Argentina didn't he?

Unread 22-08-2017, 03:40 PM
browser

Quote:
Rojo is a £#%&!ing tart
Imagine you calling anyone a tart Hope draggers shows him that
Closed Thread