Unread 04-12-2017, 07:26 PM
Switching Off

No action.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...hester-city-fa

Unread 04-12-2017, 07:29 PM
n48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Relax. It's Pep's passion, and Jim White for one loves it.

Unread 04-12-2017, 10:40 PM
sa7

Quite right. He's showing us the way. Turns out English football has been doing football wrong for 100 odd years.

Unread 04-12-2017, 10:49 PM
Sparky***

I think it's only right that clubs write to City before turning up at the Etihad to ask them how they think they should play against them.

It's only right after all. We can't have them actually breaking sweat during games and not running in 5 goals, that simply isn't football.

How dare they turn up and not try and beat a half a billion pound team by out footballing them?

Unread 04-12-2017, 11:04 PM
Crumps

Starting to look leggier with each passing game. Will be interesting to see how the cope with Xmas as that high press is really gonna start slowing down. You also have teams being able to set up on how they played in their previous game against them. Really really hope Madrid come in for KDB as he’s integral to the way they play.

Unread 04-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Starting to look leggier with each passing game. Will be interesting to see how the cope with Xmas as that high press is really gonna start slowing down. You also have teams being able to set up on how they played in their previous game against them. Really really hope Madrid come in for KDB as he’s integral to the way they play.
None of their key players seem to be plagued by the type of interest that other clubs' do.

The reason players like Aguero, Silva etc aren't going anywhere is because they're being paid an absolute fortune that no other club aside from PSG could possibly afford to pay them.

The minute a south American sets foot inside old trafford we're constantly plagued by stories about how their wives hate northern england, the weather, the colour of the £#%&!ing sky etc etc. But you never hear that about City's players.

There's several obvious reasons for this, one being that City are so good at their media charm offensives that stories of that nature don't get printed. The other is that there are backhanders going on all over the shop in that club to agents and player's families to keep them sweet.

Unread 04-12-2017, 11:11 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
None of their key players seem to be plagued by the type of interest that other clubs' do.

The reason players like Aguero, Silva etc aren't going anywhere is because they're being paid an absolute fortune that no other club aside from PSG could possibly afford to pay them.

The minute a south American sets foot inside old trafford we're constantly plagued by stories about how their wives hate northern england, the weather, the colour of the £#%&!ing sky etc etc. But you never hear that about City's players.

There's several obvious reasons for this, one being that City are so good at their media charm offensives that stories of that nature don't get printed. The other is that there are backhanders going on all over the shop in that club to agents and player's families to keep them sweet.
tbf it's also because city are the proper Manchester club, the people's champions, and a massive massive club.

Unread 04-12-2017, 11:11 PM
Sparky***

I'll be willing to bet that Aguero's family back in Argentina are all swanning about in Bentley's and living in mansions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
tbf it's also because city are the proper Manchester club, the people's champions, and a massive massive club.
Oh i'm sure that they're all there simply for the absolute prestige of playing for that iconic club and following in the footsteps of footballing legends like Shawn Goater, Niall Quinn and Jamie Pollock.

It would be very cynical of me to suggest that they're all there simply because of the staggering amount of money being chucked about and that not one person at that football club behind the scenes or in the dressing room had the vaguest clue that the £#%&!ing place existed 10 years ago.

Unread 04-12-2017, 11:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I think it's only right that clubs write to City before turning up at the Etihad to ask them how they think they should play against them.

It's only right after all. We can't have them actually breaking sweat during games and not running in 5 goals, that simply isn't football.

How dare they turn up and not try and beat a half a billion pound team by out footballing them?

This was more like the Mou I grudgingly loved tbh. Amazing cheek

Unread 04-12-2017, 11:19 PM
Buck

Quote:

The minute a south American sets foot inside old trafford we're constantly plagued by stories about how their wives hate northern england, the weather, the colour of the f***ing sky etc etc. But you never hear that about City's players.

Only one explanation for this....City's players aren't married

Unread 04-12-2017, 11:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FpsTduGIHrA

We were having a nice time slagging City off mate but well done on steering it towards another pop at our manager.

Nice one.

Unread 04-12-2017, 11:20 PM
Crumps

Quote:

The minute a south American sets foot inside old trafford we're constantly plagued by stories about how their wives hate northern england, the weather, the colour of the f***ing sky etc etc. But you never hear that about City's players.

Was stories in the papers about KDB going Madrid apparently. There’s stories about our players because they sell papers. Bar Ronnie and Dave is there anyone we want to actually keep being written about like that? All the money they’ve spent and and they’re still at 1 European final in a competition that no longer exists. Was it 6 years from out first CL season to winning the treble? They’ve been shite in Europe which is the benchmark, still can’t believe the ridiculous @#%&!s boo the CL anthem, I loved our early champions league games and these @#%&!s can’t be bothered going, awful fans. Would have been better buying Bolton in terms of filling a stadium I reckon. Free stadium and the marketability of being a football club that shares half a name with us was too much to resist when acquiring an English franchise for Abu Dhabi FC.

Unread 04-12-2017, 11:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FpsTduGIHrA

"Out tacticted him"...

Unread 04-12-2017, 11:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
We were having a nice time slagging City off mate but well done on steering it towards another pop at our manager.

Nice one.

Thought it was great stuff between them personally.

Jose with his cheeky anti football rhetoric and Big Sam thinking he’s Arrigo Sacchi for sticking ten men in his penalty area.

Top bantz tbh.

Unread 04-12-2017, 11:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Was stories in the papers about KDB going Madrid apparently. There’s stories about our players because they sell papers. Bar Ronnie and Dave is there anyone we want to actually keep being written about like that? All the money they’ve spent and and they’re still at 1 European final in a competition that no longer exists. Was it 6 years from out first CL season to winning the treble? They’ve been shite in Europe which is the benchmark, still can’t believe the ridiculous @#%&!s boo the CL anthem, I loved our early champions league games and these @#%&!s can’t be bothered going, awful fans. Would have been better buying Bolton in terms of filling a stadium I reckon. Free stadium and the marketability of being a football club that shares half a name with us was too much to resist when acquiring an English franchise for Abu Dhabi FC.
Too true. I honestly couldn't think of a less deserving set of fans to have all that money slushed into their club. They're serving up once in a generation football and results and that stadium on Sunday had empty seats all over the place.

The whole place has a real hollow, plastic, artificial look and feel about it.

Quote:

Thought it was great stuff between them personally.

Jose with his cheeky anti football rhetoric and Big Sam thinking he’s Arrigo Sacchi for sticking ten men in his penalty area.

Top bantz tbh.
Say something nasty about Guardiola. Go, on. Just try it.

For a laugh.

Unread 04-12-2017, 11:30 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Too true. I honestly couldn't think of a less deserving set of fans to have all that money slushed into their club. They're serving up once in a generation football and results and that stadium on Sunday had empty seats all over the place.

The whole place has a real hollow, plastic, artificial look and feel about it.

For a laugh.
My Uncle 59 year old life long blue has binned matchgoing at the Etihad in favour of Barry Town. Went to see them play in an old quarry against Cefn Druids the other week had a laugh. Know loads who’ve binned season Tickets and just pick and choose now. They are terrible for going to mid week games, it’s part of our DNA but with them it’s too much of an effort.

Unread 04-12-2017, 11:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

For a laugh.
He’s a poor man’s LvG.

Seriously, I’m sure I started a thread on here about Eto’o slaughtering him for being an oddball. Was pretty funny iirc.

You do appear terrified of him though mate

Unread 04-12-2017, 11:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
He’s a poor man’s LvG.

Seriously, I’m sure I started a thread on here about Eto’o slaughtering him for being an oddball. Was pretty funny iirc.

You do appear terrified of him though mate
Please don't confuse my hatred for fear, pal.

Unread 04-12-2017, 11:49 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

Unread 05-12-2017, 12:03 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Think you were keen on him back in your “Fergie is Lloyd Bridges in Airplane” days
Closed Thread