United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Ether

17 minutes early is a pisstake, but some people have valid reasons for leaving a couple of minutes early. And I'm not talking transport.

Unread 30-11-2006, 06:22 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
17 minutes early is a pisstake, but some people have valid reasons for leaving a couple of minutes early. And I'm not talking transport.
No legs?

Unread 30-11-2006, 06:23 PM
red @rmy

I left soon as O'pie scored.

Unread 30-11-2006, 07:15 PM
£#%&! KFC

better to leave early...than not go at all

Unread 30-11-2006, 07:23 PM
PureAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
well in that case, like i say if you can't handle the travel home (i am exempting people who travel very far for games as i know a lot do) then don't go.
Thats a load of shit in my opinion. If you are going to travel that far, surely it would be better to stay longer and catch more of the game? I used to travel from Glasgow for every game, I would rather see more than the 90 minutes for 8 hours of travelling, not less.

Unread 30-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureAlive
Thats a load of shit in my opinion. If you are going to travel that far, surely it would be better to stay longer and catch more of the game? I used to travel from Glasgow for every game, I would rather see more than the 90 minutes for 8 hours of travelling, not less.
yes but going off whatshisnames theory, people are leaving to get back earlier, which is what im saying if that's the case then if you're travelling further afield then that's 'ok'

going off what i'm saying, ie you go to support the team, obviously if you come from further away you surely want to stay til the end

Unread 30-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
yes but going off whatshisnames theory, people are leaving to get back earlier, which is what im saying if that's the case then if you're travelling further afield then that's 'ok'

going off what i'm saying, ie you go to support the team, obviously if you come from further away you surely want to stay til the end
5 mins can save you an hour

if you've got somewhere else to get to it can be worth it

if its that or not go because you could miss a birthday etc then its the lesser of two evils

Unread 30-11-2006, 07:32 PM
PureAlive

Quote:

I see what you mean, just dont think that is a decent excuse, I can leave half an hour after the game and still get home at the same time if I left straight after. And I'm not sitting in queues of traffic.

Dont have to travel back to Glasgow nowadays though.

Unread 30-11-2006, 07:33 PM
£#%&! KFC

I travel from Glasgow to every game

but I always stay overnight for every game which means a) I don't have to leave early and b) means a day less in this shithole

Unread 30-11-2006, 07:37 PM
PureAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I travel from Glasgow to every game

but I always stay overnight for every game which means a) I don't have to leave early and b) means a day less in this shithole
You must use a hell of a lot of holidays? Were you on a half day today?

Unread 30-11-2006, 07:44 PM
£#%&! KFC

tell me about it mate

used to it now been away from Manc for a while unfortunately

I work shifts and usually always afternoon start which is VERY handy

Unread 30-11-2006, 07:53 PM
PureAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
tell me about it mate

used to it now been away from Manc for a while unfortunately

I work shifts and usually always afternoon start which is VERY handy
That is well handy, used to work flexi time so I managed to get off early enough to not need holidays for most games.

Unread 30-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Sam the Sanitary Man

The last game I left early was the 5 1 at Maine Road (just couldn't cope!)

Unread 30-11-2006, 11:36 PM
£#%&! KFC

yeah we left the 4-1 at wastelands when the fourth went it
Closed Thread