Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Thought he was on about Memph..

Nani was to get some £
He was in the last year of his deal and had been injured for most of the previous 12/18 months. Moyes gave him 5 years then never £#%&!ing picked him

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Blame Moyes ?

I dont care.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:11 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No one, absolutely no one, complained at the signing of Memphis.

Nani had barely played for United in 2 years when LvG arrived and asked to be loaned to Sporting.

Hindsight and agenda Tibs. Memphis started brightly but there was far too much onus for a kid making such a huge move and it's eaten him up. He's got plenty of talent and we've seen flashes, just couldn't do it regularly. I'm shocked we're giving up so easily tbh, but then Mourinho doesn't £#%&! about with young players. I'm sure his replacement will be far from cheap as well.
Sign Depay, fair enough, but do not dump so many players who could help you contend and take some of the pressure off the young players. Tried to do to too much too soon in ripping the squad apart as he did, made it essential that his own transfers succeeded.

Quote:
He wasn't a lesser talent as Nani though....

He was the hottest prospect in European football...

He'd been watched by united for a few years, so we shouldn't take these punts on your Memphis / Di Maria etc...in case it doesn't work..

Your pogbas etc

Oh.
He was, and is, IMO at least. Nani could be excruciatingly frustrating but he talent level is very high. First touch, how he deals with being pressed in tight areas, beating a man one v one, from a standing start or at pace, different level than what Depay showed us.

To be fair Utd should be taking a risk on young talent, in the tradition of the club, always find it more enjoyable watching a player develop, easier to relate to them rather than buying the ready made star.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:11 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
You stupid stupid @#%&!.....

Nani hadn't played for around 2 seasons regularly, Memphis had just won the Dutch league as highest scorer...
your comment was that he was not a lesser talent you %@#$&!. With no proof of playing in England what so ever and looking at what nani has done for the club I would say that its a stretch to say that Memphis because of one £#%&!ing good season in dutch football is now expected to run the gaff.

Proof is that he was a £#%&!ing spineless shit @#%&! that never made an impact dutch goals or not.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Blame Moyes ?
It's what I've been doing the last four years anyways

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
your comment was that he was not a lesser talent you %@#$&!. With no proof of playing in England what so ever and looking at what nani has done for the club I would say that its a stretch to say that Memphis because of one £#%&!ing good season in dutch football is now expected to run the gaff.

Proof is that he was a £#%&!ing spineless shit @#%&! that never made an impact dutch goals or not.
You're completely missing the point.
But ok.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Sign Depay, fair enough, but do not dump so many players who could help you contend and take some of the pressure off the young players. Tried to do to too much too soon in ripping the squad apart as he did, made it essential that his own transfers succeeded.

He was, and is, IMO at least. Nani could be excruciatingly frustrating but he talent level is very high. First touch, how he deals with being pressed in tight areas, beating a man one v one, from a standing start or at pace, different level than what Depay showed us.

To be fair Utd should be taking a risk on young talent, in the tradition of the club, always find it more enjoyable watching a player develop, easier to relate to them rather than buying the ready made star.
A case of going over old ground, but... I slagged him for ditching Welbeck, Rafael and Nani, there were good reasons for Rafael and Nani to go though, and we had no European football, the squad had to be culled, and you can only shift those you have offers for.. I'd have kept Kagawa, but Mata pretty much made him redundant. And, it's fair to say that none of them have actually gone on to bigger and better things thus far. Not missed any of the others he jettisoned tbh.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:16 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:16 PM
itisme_panaflex

Fight!

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:17 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
You're completely missing the point.
But ok.
no I get it. I was excited to see depay come here fact is he has not been good enough. Nani at the time under LVG was not seeing eye to eye. Nani gets the boot.

I just don't rate depay over nani, as frustrating as nani can be he has proven that he can do it at the highest level.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:17 PM
est.1878

Was watching him warm up on the sidelines recently. Couldn't have looked any less focussed. 90K more a week freed up for Griezy . Ta-ra

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
It's what I've been doing the last four years anyways
Its a fairly reliable default option, nqat.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
no I get it. I was excited to see depay come here fact is he has not been good enough. Nani at the time under LVG was not seeing eye to eye. Nani gets the boot.

I just don't rate depay over nani, as frustrating as nani can be he has proven that he can do it at the highest level.
He hadn't played on the Reg for 2 years.....

Teams evolve......it was the right time for him to go, the right time for us to buy Memph...

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:24 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
He hadn't played on the Reg for 2 years.....

Teams evolve......it was the right time for him to go, the right time for us to buy Memph...
I think this is where you are not understanding what I am saying.

We had to move nani on, meph by all accounts from all of the top football people ( you can dig the quotes out) was the next Ronaldo.

Difference is here Nani was not a lesser talent. Meph had potential and that's all. He has not realized his potential. Nani was proven. If lvg wanted him out then so be it.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:25 PM
92ToBury

£31m. £#%&!ing hell.

Started well with Luke Shaw behind him but never seemed the same once Shaw got injured.

Glad we've got a sell on clause, not so arsed about the buy-back but what about Pogba's lack of buy-back clause that £#%&!ed us over - probably using that as a lesson learned but I can't see us invoking it.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I think this is where you are not understanding what I am saying.

We had to move nani on, meph by all accounts from all of the top football people ( you can dig the quotes out) was the next Ronaldo.

Difference is here Nani was not a lesser talent. Meph had potential and that's all. He has not realized his potential. Nani was proven. If lvg wanted him out then so be it.
Right!

I shouldn't have said "lesser" happy nOw ?

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:28 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Right!

I shouldn't have said "lesser" happy nOw ?

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Tit

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:43 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Decent fee tbf..
Total paid: £25,892,277

£4.19m loss is decent