United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-05-2014, 03:58 AM
ScarFace

Football Yaya Toure Wants To Leave City

Because nobody wished him happy birthday

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...hday-snub.html

Yaya Toure's future at Manchester City was plunged into doubt after his agent made a bizarre rant against the Premier League champions over a perceived birthday snub.
The Ivory Coast midfielder, who is a year into a four-year deal worth £220,000 a week, is said to have been incensed that no one wished him happy returns last week at a title celebration party that coincided with his 31st birthday.

Toure's agent Dimitri Seluk said: 'There is a big possibility Yaya will leave this summer. He is very upset. What happened at his birthday means the club don't care about him. It was proof.
'They can say whatever they want, "Oh we like him but we forgot". Forgot? About Yaya? The player who helped you to be two-times Premier League champions? The guy who helped you win the FA Cup and League Cup?
'In a normal team, his team-mates and club would at least give him good wishes. But when you win the title and two days later you have a big party to celebrate the title and nobody comes to Yaya to say happy birthday, what more do you want?

'If a player like Yaya went to Liverpool and they won the league for the first time in 24 years, Yaya would be a god in Liverpool,' Seluk told The Sun.
'But at City, Yaya is no hero. He's nobody. That's how the club make him feel. He's very upset and he started thinking about leaving the club. And he will leave if things carry on like this.
'We're not doing this for more money. We probably can go for less money to another club. If they think they can buy everything, they are wrong. I think these people don't care. Only stupid people would want Yaya to leave.'

Unread 20-05-2014, 04:08 AM
Stickman

ffs

SHU

Unread 20-05-2014, 04:24 AM
Grimson

This has happened for the last two offseasons: the same agent has claimed he isn't happy and is out the door. It's either a contract ploy or he's a weirdo, but it's happened a few times and he hasn't gone anywhere. He even got in a twitter spat with Rodney Marsh last season about it - still at City.

Unread 20-05-2014, 04:36 AM
Doctor Hver

not happy at City or just not happy in Manchester altogether? I'm sure everyone at OT want wish him happy Birthday. IF he wants to stay in Manchester

Unread 20-05-2014, 04:46 AM
Barcabal

wants a contract to match his ego... We have one....Awesome player, too good for the bertie massives

Unread 20-05-2014, 06:02 AM
Part 36 Offer

What a player he is. won't go anywhere unfortunately. didn't martin ferguson say he was too one-dimensional for united :shakehead:

Unread 20-05-2014, 06:44 AM
puressence

flat track bully

Unread 20-05-2014, 06:52 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
What a player he is. won't go anywhere unfortunately. didn't martin ferguson say he was too one-dimensional for united :shakehead:
Tbf every @#%&! just assumed he was a massive version of Makelele, never recall hearing him referred to as anything but a DM/Stopper. Think City fell in to a barrel of dicks and came out sucking a tit.

Unread 20-05-2014, 06:53 AM
jem

surely worth a "giggsy says happy birthday yaya" plane/banner?

Unread 20-05-2014, 07:24 AM
Flix

I'm not sure how much longer he'll be able to maintain that level of performance.He looks to me like a player that when he starts to decline it will happen pretty quickly. I know there wasn't much evidence of it the other week when he ran half the left of the pitch to score in the 90th minute, but I just get the feeling he'll go from having it all to looking like Fellaini in a short space of time (ok, so I may have exaggerated the last bit)

I reckon he'll spend a lot of next season out with injuries and won't be the same player he is now the following year.

Unread 20-05-2014, 07:30 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
flat track bully

Ummmm you reckon?

Unread 20-05-2014, 07:36 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Meg
I'm not sure how much longer he'll be able to maintain that level of performance.He looks to me like a player that when he starts to decline it will happen pretty quickly. I know there wasn't much evidence of it the other week when he ran half the left of the pitch to score in the 90th minute, but I just get the feeling he'll go from having it all to looking like Fellaini in a short space of time (ok, so I may have exaggerated the last bit)

I reckon he'll spend a lot of next season out with injuries and won't be the same player he is now the following year.

Unread 20-05-2014, 07:47 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Ummmm you reckon?
yep very rarely seen him against the better teams imho ..

Unread 20-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Pop

Thumbs down

Hang him.

Unread 20-05-2014, 08:14 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

I don't understand what City did to Yaya Toure, he was always a good functional pro at Barca but no more than that, within a year of being at the emptyhad he was a world beater. Maybe he didn't react well to blood bags?

Unread 20-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Flix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Mark my words, I'll either be spot on or he'll be POTY,or somewhere in the middle

Unread 20-05-2014, 08:31 AM
Mr Castro

Sign him. He'd walk into our midfield (and boot Cleverley out in the process).

Unread 20-05-2014, 08:31 AM
HotChip

''They can let Pellegrini try and win the league with Fernando from Porto''

Unread 20-05-2014, 08:42 AM
elephantstone

I would take him in a heartbeat. Class player, if you get another 2-3 top class years from him he will be a bargain for any top team.

Unread 20-05-2014, 08:59 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
Sign him. He'd walk into our midfield
He's spent the last 3 years walking through it tbf
Closed Thread