United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Old 15-07-2013, 05:45 PM
MrBishi

Old 16-07-2013, 08:10 AM
dinger

Explosion in an oil refinery in Mexico, in the second shot you can see the pipes wobbling because of the detonation wave, unfortunately there are some poor bastards caught in it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_awfb_BezDI

Old 16-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Explosion in an oil refinery in Mexico, in the second shot you can see the pipes wobbling because of the detonation wave, unfortunately there are some poor bastards caught in it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_awfb_BezDI
That's awful

Old 16-07-2013, 09:18 AM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
That's awful
Day before my first visit to a refinery my company showed me this video as part of the site induction, was proper shitting myself.

Old 16-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Day before my first visit to a refinery my company showed me this video as part of the site induction, was proper shitting myself.
Why the f*** would they do that ffs

It's like showing Final Destination before an in flight safety vid.

Old 16-07-2013, 12:41 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Why the f*** would they do that ffs

It's like showing Final Destination before an in flight safety vid.
Health & Safety scare tactics, f***ing worked a treat

Old 16-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Health & Safety scare tactics, f***ing worked a treat
True story

We had a f***ing imbecile as an HSE manager in Libya. A local fella whose claim to fame was that he was a pilot in the Libyan Air Force when the US attacked in 86 and he was one of those who took off, flew in the wrong direction and then screamed over Tripoli once the danger had passed

Anyway, went to a refinery called Ras Lanuf with him. We were in a lab looking at oil samples and in he walks, no hat, no boots, fag in hand :shakehead:

Got a gigantic bollocking from the site safety man but truly to this day, doesn't think he did anything wrong :shakehead:

Old 17-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Zorg

Quote:
If you place 32 metronomes on a static object and set them rocking out of phase with one another, they will remain that way indefinitely. Place them on a moveable surface, however, and something very interesting (and very mesmerizing) happens.

Old 17-07-2013, 10:31 AM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Nice. Had hopes the maverick red on the right would keep playing by his own rules. Succumbed to the forces of conformity, sadly.

Old 17-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyOnMyBack
Nice. Had hopes the maverick red on the right would keep playing by his own rules. Succumbed to the forces of conformity, sadly.
Yeah, me too. Was great at first. 'Nope. f*** you...... oh, alright then'.