United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Pete's Shoes

Default Re: which bits of football commentary

Loved this commentary from Darke and Gray - norwich were decent at the time and we battered them - look at Ince - theyve gone through again!!!

Unread 04-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Stickman

WILTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD

Unread 04-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
Loved this commentary from Darke and Gray - norwich were decent at the time and we battered them - look at Ince - theyve gone through again!!!

YouTube - Norwich City vs Manchester United 1992/93
That 2nd goal is one of my favourite goals ever. From the six-yard box to the back of the opposition's net in 5 passes (and the shot itself). Fantastic one-touch football, and a million miles better than the tiresome tippy-tappy stuff people seem to adore. In fact, I'm pretty sure the goal of the season that year was won by a Villa goal that included 20-odd passes, most of which were in their own half knocking it around slowly. Sorry but that fast, one-touch stuff beats the crap out of any other style of football for me.

Unread 04-05-2011, 12:15 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: which bits of football commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
That 2nd goal is one of my favourite goals ever. From the six-yard box to the back of the opposition's net in 5 passes (and the shot itself). Fantastic one-touch football, and a million miles better than the tiresome tippy-tappy stuff people seem to adore. In fact, I'm pretty sure the goal of the season that year was won by a Villa goal that included 20-odd passes, most of which were in their own half knocking it around slowly. Sorry but that fast, one-touch stuff beats the crap out of any other style of football for me.
absolutely agree. look at that first goal as well, the pace and directness of the runners off the ball is something to see. we've lost some of that, i know we're smarter and harder to beat and more successful and all that... but we've lost some of the rampant pace and power that we once had, we used to overpower teams, it was almost scary at times.. not just us, of course, modern football is more a chess game than it used to be.

Unread 04-05-2011, 01:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
absolutely agree. look at that first goal as well, the pace and directness of the runners off the ball is something to see. we've lost some of that, i know we're smarter and harder to beat and more successful and all that... but we've lost some of the rampant pace and power that we once had, we used to overpower teams, it was almost scary at times.. not just us, of course, modern football is more a chess game than it used to be.

I would have thought you would have been the sort who was into chess, borsers

But yeah, there are times when I agree with you.......

Arsenal away in the 2008/09 and 2009/10 campaigns, is a pair of glorious exceptions, of course

Unread 04-05-2011, 02:12 PM
andyroo

So many from the treble year. Many have been said already.

"Giggs... Still Giggs..."

Unread 04-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
So many from the treble year. Many have been said already.

"Giggs... Still Giggs..."
Me in the pub: "£#%&!ing pass it Giggs you greedy cu---- aaaagggghghghgh!!!"

Unread 04-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Me in the pub: "£#%&!ing pass it Giggs you greedy cu---- aaaagggghghghgh!!!"
Me in the pub: "Where the £#%&!'s he goi.......£#%&!INGETTINTHERE!!!!!!!"

Unread 04-05-2011, 02:35 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
TSorry but that fast, one-touch stuff beats the crap out of any other style of football for me.
I agree.

Valencia & Nani could do with watching a few clips of Kanchelskis from that period.
No £#%&!ing about, no slowing the defender down & facing him up. Just beat him, get in the box or to the by-line & make something happen at pace.

Rooney & Ronaldo used to break at pace very well together.

Unread 04-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

YouTube - Norwich City vs Manchester United 1992/93

what a £#%&!ing team that was

Unread 04-05-2011, 02:55 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
look at Ince
If we had Ince in the side now (as he was then obviously!) we'd be £#%&!ing awesome.
He's EXACTLY what we're missing. That £#%&!ing drive, charector, courage to make things happen in the middle of the park.
Decent shot on him too.

Very underrated player for me. Of course he's always gonna be overshadowed by Robbo & Keane....and obviously he acted like a complete #@&%! when he went to the dippers, but he was a great player for us.

Unread 04-05-2011, 02:55 PM
BarryX

Remember it like it was yesterday, the best moment of my little life until then (both as a Utd supporter and actually everything else):

Robson...and Robson again..getting it back from Stapleton...he's on his way, can he find the shot ? BRILLIANT GOAL. Bryan Robson....

Unread 04-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Best football team we've had in that era 1992-1994 imho. Haven't seen a united team since that played football like that, they were phenomenal. The 2006/7 team comes closest but still not as good.

Unread 04-05-2011, 03:06 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Very underrated player for me. Of course he's always gonna be overshadowed by Robbo & Keane....and obviously he acted like a complete #@&%! when he went to the dippers, but he was a great player for us.
Incredibly underated. Should have gone down in history as a minor United legend, instead he'll always be 'that @#%&! who went to Liverpool and made a total @#%&! of himself'.

Unread 04-05-2011, 03:15 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Incredibly underated. Should have gone down in history as a minor United legend, instead he'll always be 'that @#%&! who went to Liverpool and made a total @#%&! of himself'.
Yep, and that's his fault. Ruined his own status. That's what made it hurt more. not just that he was a United player, but the type of player he was.

Obviously they were all at different stages of their careers, but to think we actually had Keane, Robbo and Ince at one time

Unread 04-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Zorg

Also FC United vs. Maine Road a few years ago, the camera pans around the Maine Road fans and the commentator says "look at all them berties".

Unread 04-05-2011, 03:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
If we had Ince in the side now (as he was then obviously!) we'd be £#%&!ing awesome.
He's EXACTLY what we're missing. That £#%&!ing drive, charector, courage to make things happen in the middle of the park.
Decent shot on him too.

£#%&!ing hell MJ...

Unread 04-05-2011, 03:35 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&!ing hell MJ...
Not great was it?!

Unread 04-05-2011, 04:06 PM
The Return of JC

Quote: