Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-05-2011, 02:00 PM
borsuk

Default Re: Team vs Schalke

Unread 03-05-2011, 02:01 PM
The Return of JC

I think he'll only rest those who need it. We Won't be £#%&!in about much tmrw. Owen and Berb looks good to me. Both good players with a point to prove. Experience of Scholes and the odd change here and there. Nothing drastic. I can see us getting a low key 1-0 win and hopefully carrying some confidence into Sunday, where i think the biggest problem will be nerves.

Unread 03-05-2011, 02:09 PM
dunk

Even I didn't go as far as O'Shea in midfield

Unread 03-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Even I didn't go as far as O'Shea in midfield
would rather have had o'shea in midfield than rooney on sunday tbh.

i wonder if ancelotti has any idea what ferguson might do tactically next weekend?

Unread 03-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Baldy

Happy with same team as last time we played them.

Unread 03-05-2011, 02:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
would rather have had o'shea in midfield than rooney on sunday tbh.

i wonder if ancelotti has any idea what ferguson might do tactically next weekend?
You're absolutely right.

Fergie, go 3-5-2 with FB's as wingers and a winger through the middle. Show some variation ffs

Unread 03-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You're absolutely right.

Fergie, go 3-5-2 with FB's as wingers and a winger through the middle. Show some variation ffs
wtf...

oh i see, you've taken my team seriously.

doubt he'd play nani up front in such a huge game anyway, he's not even injured

Unread 03-05-2011, 02:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
wtf...

oh i see, you've taken my team seriously.

doubt he'd play nani up front in such a huge game anyway, he's not even injured
Not really. Fair point. Nani did play through the middle a bit for Sporting IIRC...

Unread 03-05-2011, 04:48 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney will sit out Wednesday's Champions League semi-final second leg against Schalke 04 with a tight hamstring.

Holding a 2-0 first-leg lead and with the crunch Premier League game against Chelsea scheduled for Sunday, boss Sir Alex Ferguson will shuffle his side.
Dimitar Berbatov is likely, therefore, to start up front, possibly alongside Michael Owen in a two-pronged attack.

Fabio da Silva will miss out, however, as he is suffering from a knock.
The Brazilian picked up the injury in Sunday's 1-0 defeat by Arsenal, a match that has ensured this weekend's Premier League match against Chelsea at Old Trafford could prove to be the key in this season's title race.

United are three points clear of the Blues with three matches left in the season but defeat on Sunday would see them leapfrogged at the top of the Premier League and playing catch up in their final two games of the season - Blackburn away and Blackpool at home.

With that in mind, it is thought Ferguson will rest a number of key stars against German outfit Schalke on Wednesday.

The Red Devils outplayed Schalke in the first leg last week, emerging 2-0 victors.

And with Anders Lindegaard and Darren Fletcher available again after a knee ligament injury and virus respectively, the likes of first choice keeper Edwin van der Sar and Michael Carrick could sit out the tie as United aim to reach the 28 May final.

"Darren [Fletcher] will play part of the game," Ferguson said on Tuesday. "He has shown great improvement from the reserve game last week and his weight is back to normal.

"It is just that issue of game time and a little bit more strengthening."

And speaking after the weekend defeat by Arsenal, the Scot said: "We have a big week ahead.

"Wednesday is a European semi-final second leg and... we will regroup and freshen it up. I will make some changes without question. I will bring Paul Scholes back in, Dimitar Berbatov, Michael Owen.

"We'll need to do that but I will probably keep my experienced players at the back.

"We are in as good a position as you could ever wish for at the start of the season - semi-final of the European Cup, second leg, two-goal lead and go into a home game on Sunday level on goal difference [and with a three-point advantage]."

Ferguson was keen, however, to warn his side against complacency, adding: "We have to be favourites for the title, if only because we are three points ahead.

"But that can evaporate quite quickly and we have a big job to do. As I said last week, the drama is not finished."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/9473853.stm

Unread 03-05-2011, 05:23 PM
jem

v schalke:

tommy k / lindegaard

rafael - smalling - vidic - o'shyeah

fletch - scholes - park

owen

berbatov - hernandez

v chelsea

vds