United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2011, 11:20 PM
andyroo

Default Re: These 'decisions'.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
United would'nt have beaten Schalke without a disallowed goal.
Huh?

Unread 30-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I'm saying that had the referee disallowed both goals Chelsea would've won anyway because they would've scored different goals and spurs were shit.

Unread 30-04-2011, 11:25 PM
armchair

Quote:
Neuer had even deflated the United players with a string of saves.There was a frustration towards the end of first-half when he made that final save from Ryan. When that move broke down I sensed some frustration with the players walking back. I had to correct that at half-time. I think when Chicarito scored at 0-0 but it was offside, it showed the other players they could beat this goalkeeper. I think when Chicarito scored at 0-0 but it was offside, it showed the other players they could beat this goalkeeper

Nice gif though.

Unread 30-04-2011, 11:47 PM
rogieop

chelsea should have had a pen anyway.

but yes,they do seem to be getting a hell of a lot of shall we say... luck.

Unread 30-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Wellfarg

Quote:
I'm saying that had the referee disallowed both goals Chelsea would've won anyway because they would've scored different goals and spurs were shit.

I realise it's your forum mate but that's twaddle . This whole thread is a bit scouse too. Reminds me of those posts you see on RAWK whenever we get a decision - "this league is corrupt".

Unread 01-05-2011, 12:00 AM
Withers

Welsh = Scouse.

I'm gonna kick £#%&! out of you @#%&!s on Monday

Unread 01-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Argentina

No. Definitely not from the referee. There's no conspiracy from the FA, definitely not. They could have easily given Chelsea a penalty 5 minutes earlier.

Perhaps some bribery for that liner? Maybe a slim chance but it halfway over. I've seen liners given throw-ins for that. It wasn't like it was on the line.

The offside call was to tight, it was difficult, especially when he stayed still to receive it and the full back dropped so if he wasn't looking at the line, by the time he re-adjusted his eyesight it would have looked on.

So no.

Unread 01-05-2011, 01:14 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellfarg
I realise it's your forum mate but that's twaddle . This whole thread is a bit scouse too. Reminds me of those posts you see on RAWK whenever we get a decision - "this league is corrupt".
what have i said that's scouse? where have i said the league is corrupt. I said chelsea would've won anyway. Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it stupid. It makes you stupid. Then again, no change there eh?

Unread 01-05-2011, 01:34 AM
dunk

They have had an inordinate amount of luck in recent years, and there is a subconcious leaning towards the agenda of the media and/or the big teams by the officials and in terms of punishments the FA hand out, but there is no conspiracy going, and we, just like the dippers, chelsea, arsenal and even the likes of city and spurs benefit from time to time.

The strange thing is that incidents and decisions that don't go the way we want in any given game are the ones that stick out, never the ones that do. For instance I give you G.Nev both at Stoke and West Brom. Should've been sent off in both and given a penalty away at West Brom. We scraped wins in both and those points are currently the difference, it could be said.

Unread 01-05-2011, 02:20 AM
Crumps

Luiz not getting a second yellow and sent off at the Bridge for the tackle on Rooney (could have gone before that tbf) as the one that really sticks out. It'd be over and done if it wasn't for that. Add to the shocking decisions in the previous 2 league game against them too.
:scar:

cockney @#%&! sticks.

Unread 01-05-2011, 02:25 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Luiz not getting a second yellow and sent off at the Bridge for the tackle on Rooney (could have gone before that tbf) as the one that really sticks out. It'd be over and done if it wasn't for that. Add to the shocking decisions in the previous 2 league game against them too.
:scar:

cockney @#%&! sticks.
You just know that curly haired @#%&! will have something to say next week, just know it.

Unread 01-05-2011, 03:21 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Welsh = Scouse.

I'm gonna kick £#%&! out of you @#%&!s on Monday
north wales = scouse

more importantly though, having watched only the first half, Gareth Bale: player of the year? he was rubbish

Unread 01-05-2011, 06:30 AM
borsuk

it's true that the media would love to see a london club, preferably arsenal but if not then chelsea, as champions, and it's certainly true that united are routinely made an example of by the fa but i think the idea of conscious conspiracies is silly, both biases can be explained quite easily without that. the media are, by and large, london-based and highly london-centric in their outlook; it is unsurprising that they should be keen for a london club to do well. it's quite open as well, you can smell the desperation and yearning in stories about the end of the empire at old trafford (© umpteen hacks repeatedly over the last fifteen years) or about how an arsenal win would be good for football, how arsenal should be champions but for... etc).

re the fa, united is the biggest, most successful and most visible club in the country and is therefore a useful target for an fa desperate to garner popularity with fans and the media. and all this is reinforced by fergie's open (and entirely correct) contempt for both the media and the incompetent baboons who run the fa, which is portrayed as arrogance by the media, of course, until the next england national team failure at which time the media collectively suddenly decides to agree with fergie and attack the fa for a while.

more generally, it is in everybody's interest, united apart, to keep the narrative of the title race alive for as long as possible. 'the title race is over, you can stop watching now' sells no papers and brings in no subscribers.

Unread 01-05-2011, 08:50 AM
rogieop

also, absolutely nothing seemsto be getting mentioned about terrys 2 footed lunge through the air in the first half yesterday. its as if it never happened. id be willing to put a good wager it wasnt even shown on MOTD.

however had wazza done it...

Unread 01-05-2011, 08:56 AM
Alex de Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Rooneys swearing ban - a new ban, just for Rooney.Plenty of players have sworn since and before, any bans?
Yep, Drogba.

Unread 01-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Sgt Howie

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
it's true that the media would love to see a london club, preferably arsenal but if not then chelsea, as champions, and it's certainly true that united are routinely made an example of by the fa but i think the idea of conscious conspiracies is silly, both biases can be explained quite easily without that. the media are, by and large, london-based and highly london-centric in their outlook; it is unsurprising that they should be keen for a london club to do well. it's quite open as well, you can smell the desperation and yearning in stories about the end of the empire at old trafford (© umpteen hacks repeatedly over the last fifteen years) or about how an arsenal win would be good for football, how arsenal should be champions but for... etc).

re the fa, united is the biggest, most successful and most visible club in the country and is therefore a useful target for an fa desperate to garner popularity with fans and the media. and all this is reinforced by fergie's open (and entirely correct) contempt for both the media and the incompetent baboons who run the fa, which is portrayed as arrogance by the media, of course, until the next england national team failure at which time the media collectively suddenly decides to agree with fergie and attack the fa for a while.

more generally, it is in everybody's interest, united apart, to keep the narrative of the title race alive for as long as possible. 'the title race is over, you can stop watching now' sells no papers and brings in no subscribers.
All true.
United are portrayed as the ultimate bad guys in football. If you don't support them, you hate them more than any other team.
For this reason, they always create the most media interest.
I love it being like this, and would not want it to change.

It saddened me a few years back, in the early days of Abramovic and Mourinho, when a West Ham fan I know announced that he now hated Chelsea more than United
Thankfully, he hates United the most again now

There is a media bias against us, but I don't think there is a refereeing one. We just concentrate on things that go against us ( Drogba's offside goal last season ) and tend to quickly forget those that go for us ( Gary Neville not being red carded at Stoke).

These things even themselves out over a season, and the best team always end up as champions.

One point from the next six, and the job should be done

Unread 01-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Wellfarg

Quote:
what have i said that's scouse? where have i said the league is corrupt. I said chelsea would've won anyway. Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it stupid. It makes you stupid. Then again, no change there eh?
I didn't mean you had said something scouse. I said your remark that Chelsea would have won anyway was twaddle because it is, not because I didn't understand it. No one can possibly make a judgement like that with 100% confidence. Frankly, IMO, it looked pretty unlikely that they would have won it.

I said the thread was scouse too because that's a second point I was making. It's the kind of %@#$&!s they frequently spout on RAWK.

Still, obviously, you're the bloke who runs this forum so I must be stupid eh? Good debating old chap

Unread 01-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Mr_Ed

Blackpool away 0-2 down and they were denied a blatant pen. WBA away when Gaz rugby tackled one of their players. We get our fair share too... The press pick on ours because we're United...

Unread 01-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Albert Tatlock

The Spurs goal that was a metre over the line a few seasons ago but wasn't given.

swings and roundabouts

Unread 01-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
You just know that curly haired @#%&! will have something to say next week, just know it.
"I am devastated that I will miss all of next season following the results of my x-ray"
Closed Thread