United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2011, 09:46 PM
magic_cantona

Question These 'decisions'.........

Be honest, if it wasn't for the fear of being branded 'Scouse', would you be shouting 'conspiracy' all over the place? Especially with regards to Chelsea and the FA's campaign against us over the past few years.Come on, get all conspiria..oh ffs, you know the word.Here's some examples:

Rio's ban extension.
Rooneys ban for being sent off in a friendly - Gerrard did the same but got off.
Rooneys swearing ban - a new ban, just for Rooney.Plenty of players have sworn since and before, any bans?He missed the semi, we went out.
Chelsea's continuous game changing decisions against us and other teams -Two decisions today has kept the title race alive, when it shouldn't be.
Ferie's toucline ban.Other managers, like Avram Grant, Wenger all criticise referee's and refereeing standards - any bans?Nope!
Chelsea rescheduled game.Why?

the list goes on and on.So what is it?Hang on, I'll provide an X-Files style poll.

Unread 30-04-2011, 09:51 PM
wiganste

Win our next 2 games and we're champions. That's what we need to focus on. £#%&! the FA and shit referees

Unread 30-04-2011, 09:53 PM
red in cumbria

Just on a point of fact Maggers, Grant *did* get a touchline ban.

Agree with the general thrust of your argument, obviously

Unread 30-04-2011, 09:53 PM
forwardirektion

Subconsciously bent. Pressure from the press on the FA filters down to the officials.
You're the linesman today, you give the goal and it's not one its talked about for 5 minutes, if you say it hasn't crossed the line when it has you're the man who handed united the title and vilified for months.

Unread 30-04-2011, 09:54 PM
MJ Ramone

I don't believe there's a conspiracy, but I do believe that the FA & the Refs are buckling under the pressure of an extremely bias Press who blatantly want Ferguson & United to finish the season empty handed.

For example. If we had benefited from those shocking decisions today you would never hear the end of it. They would be used as examples of our 'Luck' & Fergies ability to bully Referees for the next 30 £#%&!ing years.
They were still talking about that Penalty we got against Spurs 2 years ago on the Radio the other day ...as if there hasn't been a tight Penalty call in any other game since then.
They STILL talk about 'Fergie Time' - when 9+ minutes were added on in the Arsenal v Liverpool game the other week - & I think 6 or 7 in the North London derby the other night.

It's a collective, mass hysteria.
£#%&!ing scum£#%&!ing @#%&!s.

I hope we absolutely £#%&!ing batter Chelsea on Saturday

Unread 30-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Win our next 2 games and we're champions. That's what we need to focus on. £#%&! the FA and shit referees
Is the correct answer. I reckon this season will be payback for last. We'll do a German team in the CL semi rather than losing, then the same against those @#%&!s at weekend

Unread 30-04-2011, 09:57 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up

Quote:
Agreed, but the poll was going to be fun.But I took too long

Anyway, here's the options:

a) Yes-The FA hate United and Ferie and we're targeted for unfair punishments and ludicrous bans/decisions

b) No-The standard of refs is poor, we're just unlucky

c)Don't be Scouse ffs

d)Abramovich's cash goes a long, long way.....

e)There's something not right, that's for £#%&!ing sure.What other teams get this treatment?

f)Why did I open this thread?

Shabba!

Unread 30-04-2011, 09:57 PM
andyroo

Grant did get a ban.

edit: damn, you've got to get up early to catch AnatolyinCumbria...

Unread 30-04-2011, 09:58 PM
armchair

there's a tendency to use United as an example e.g. Rio's drug ban, Rooney's swearing ban but I don't think there's any thing more to it than that. Tall poppy syndrome. More about human frailty and lack of objectivity than conspiracy. Chelsea would've won today anyway.

Unread 30-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
there's a tendency to use United as an example e.g. Rio's drug ban, Rooney's swearing ban but I don't think there's any thing more to it than that. Tall poppy syndrome. More about human frailty and lack of objectivity than conspiracy. Chelsea would've won today anyway.
well they wouldn't because the didn't score a single legitimate goal.

Unread 30-04-2011, 10:03 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I don't believe there's a conspiracy, but I do believe that the FA & the Refs are buckling under the pressure of an extremely bias Press who blatantly want Ferguson & United to finish the season empty handed.

For example. If we had benefited from those shocking decisions today you would never hear the end of it. They would be used as examples of our 'Luck' & Fergies ability to bully Referees for the next 30 £#%&!ing years.
They were still talking about that Penalty we got against Spurs 2 years ago on the Radio the other day ...as if there hasn't been a tight Penalty call in any other game since then.
They STILL talk about 'Fergie Time' - when 9+ minutes were added on in the Arsenal v Liverpool game the other week - & I think 6 or 7 in the North London derby the other night.

It's a collective, mass hysteria.
£#%&!ing scum£#%&!ing @#%&!s.

I hope we absolutely £#%&!ing batter Chelsea on Saturday
you only have to look and count how many ex-scousers are presenting/pundits on TV and radio shows.....

hansen, thompson, beglin, the gay one on FF, forgotten his name, rednapp, green, collymore, quinn...and thats just off the top of my head ffs

Unread 30-04-2011, 10:03 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The run of decisions they've got against us, home and away is also a bit baffling.Drogba was 3 yards off side last season ffs.Then there's this seasons debacle.

They get an awful lot of 'luck' imho rublesforgoals

Not to mention the amount pf penalties 'Lamps' has stuck away over the years.

Unread 30-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
you only have to look and count how many ex-scousers are presenting/pundits TV and radio shows.....

hansen, thompson, beglin, the gay one on FF, forgotten his name, rednapp, green, collymore, quinn...and thats just off the top of my head ffs
I used to listen to terry christian on talksport but i can't listen to it anymore now.

Unread 30-04-2011, 10:04 PM
taff

i wouldn't go as far as bleating out tales of brown envelopes changing hands like those tinhat scouse @#%&!s like to do; that's the sort of out-and-out shit they've contrived as comfort against their own failings.

what i do think is that the context of the title race - particularly the media's input - exerts a magnetic influence on proceedings in the league, and that officials are unable to maintain the necessary degree of independent scrutiny that the situation demands, for a variety of reasons - maliciousness, intimidation, lack of character, bureaucracy. the result is that incompetence proliferates, and given our position, and the role in which we've been cast, it's frequently to our detriment.

Unread 30-04-2011, 10:05 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
[i][b]a) Yes-The FA hate United and Ferie and we're targeted for unfair punishments and ludicrous bans/decisions
Yes, this is clearly the case. It has been this way for many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
b) No-The standard of refs is poor, we're just unlucky
The overall standard of Refs in this Country is £#%&!ing abysmal.
They're terrified of giving us decisions because they're fully aware of the consequences in the hysterical Press.

Unread 30-04-2011, 10:06 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Some world class arse seein on here tonight. We'll win tomoz so...

Unread 30-04-2011, 10:07 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yes, this is clearly the case. It has been this way for many years.

The overall standard of Refs in this Country is £#%&!ing abysmal.
They're terrified of giving us decisions because they're fully aware of the consequences in the hysterical Press.
Yep, very true.

And that lino changed his mind today due to the Rentboy crowd behind him imo.No other reason, he didn't think it was right - he reacted to the crowd, he didn't have the bottle to stand by hs decision.He shouldn't ever be involved in the game again if that's the case.

Unread 30-04-2011, 10:11 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
Some world class arse seein on here tonight. We'll win tomoz so...
im looking at mine RIGHT now...and let me tell you..it aint a pretty sight

Unread 30-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:

Unread 30-04-2011, 10:17 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm saying that had the referee disallowed both goals Chelsea would've won anyway because they would've scored different goals and spurs were shit.

United would'nt have beaten Schalke without a disallowed goal.
Closed Thread