Home

how we laughed

set of @#%&!s

Unread 29-04-2011, 07:11 PM
elhombre

Default Re: Who put the ball in the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker
I thought this would have been on Fred already. I'll post it anyway, at risk of incurring the wrath of Leo & Kate.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...-munich-chants

£#%&!ing disgraceful article imho.
WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!

Quote:
So there you are. Callous insensitivity, or manufactured controversy? Probably somewhere in between. Obviously it would be preferable if City did not use the label "Munichs" as a derogatory term for their neighbours and rivals, but they do, and have been using it for many years. Regrettable as that may be, and distasteful as the whole topic might appear to anyone with a normal sense of values, it is possibly worth saying that the use of a nickname is not quite as offensive as imitating aeroplanes and singing the infamous runway song.
i mean, i just don't believe someone has even written that and published it... £#%&!ing hell...

Unread 29-04-2011, 07:17 PM
red in cumbria

It's Paul "where are the goals going to come from" Wilson, FFS

What did you expect, may I ask?

Unread 29-04-2011, 07:18 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker
I thought this would have been on Fred already. I'll post it anyway, at risk of incurring the wrath of Leo & Kate.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...-munich-chants

£#%&!ing disgraceful article imho.
anti munich chants?
i think tbh they're pretty much very pro munich
how the £#%&! has his editor not had a look at him defending these chants and had a word ffs

Unread 29-04-2011, 07:19 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

never heard of him before...

but his biography sums him up...

Quote:
Paul Wilson is the Observer's football correspondent. He has previously worked for the Guardian and the Independent and local newspapers in the north of England, where he still lives, the only Evertonian in a family of Liverpool and Wigan Athletic supporters. No awards, books or television career to speak of, but he once saw a bloke on the tube laughing out loud while reading his column. He lives in hope that in another five years or so he might spot another one. Or even the same one
£#%&!ing clown.

Unread 29-04-2011, 07:20 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
anti munich chants?
i think tbh they're pretty much very pro munich
how the £#%&! has his editor not had a look at him defending these chants and had a word ffs
this.

it's £#%&!ing blatant, isn't it?

Unread 29-04-2011, 07:23 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

Or Paul "Asterisk" Wilson as he is now known below the line.

Unread 29-04-2011, 07:36 PM
magic_cantona

Saw an article in the Daily Post (north Wales/Merseryside paper) today on the City chants by someone called Ben Thornley (not that one).He starts by condemning the chants.Then, he goes on to say he's heard 'much worse, notably at Old Trafford, which doesn't ever get a mention in the media'.

He then goes on to mention our support during the youth cup game at Anfield, singing about Heysel and Hillsborough.He carries on to say that he covered the club for an 18 month period and the songs always got an airing and it was the majority singing them

He finishes of by saying he's heard everton fans mocking the tragedies and 'in the past, Liverpool have been guilty of airing songs about Uniteds own tragedy'.

What an immense @#%&!ing bastard.

So, the City fand mocking Munich are bad, but not as bad as us?! And he makes out that Liverpool 'used' to mock Munich.What a @#%&!.What a £#%&!ing massive @#%&!!.

He's on Twitter:

@BThornley_DPOST

Unread 29-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Saw an article in the Daily Post (north Wales/Merseryside paper) today on the City chants by someone called Ben Thornley (not that one).He starts by condemning the chants.Then, he goes on to say he's heard 'much worse, notably at Old Trafford, which doesn't ever get a mention in the media'.

He then goes on to mention our support during the youth cup game at Anfield, singing about Heysel and Hillsborough.He carries on to say that he covered the club for an 18 month period and the songs always got an airing and it was the majority singing them

He finishes of by saying he's heard everton fans mocking the tragedies and 'in the past, Liverpool have been guilty of airing songs about Uniteds own tragedy'.

What an immense @#%&!ing bastard.

So, the City fand mocking Munich are bad, but not as bad as us?! And he makes out that Liverpool 'used' to mock Munich.What a @#%&!.What a £#%&!ing massive @#%&!!.

He's on Twitter:

@BThornley_DPOST
they must have stopped doing it just after this finished.

or when this jug eared @#%&! got sussed on itv

@#%&!s

Unread 29-04-2011, 11:41 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

time to move on a rise above these @#%&!s

Unread 29-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Sparky***

What's this hillsbrough chant that we're supposed to have sung because I honestly can't think of one off the top of my head?

Unread 29-04-2011, 11:56 PM
rogieop

hark now hear united sing, the copper was our mate, etc etc.

Unread 29-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
hark now hear united sing, the copper was our mate, etc etc.
can honestly say I can't remember hearing that one aired in my earshot tbh.

Unread 30-04-2011, 12:04 AM
rogieop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
can honestly say I can't remember hearing that one aired in my earshot tbh.
nor me, was too young, but ive heard it mentioned plenty of times by reds that it was. whether it was or wasnt isnt a factor imo, that was back then, this is now, and the fact of the matter is the scousers and bitters continue to sing about munich en masse, whereas you get the odd group of reds chanting about hillsborough.

be interesting to see if the tables were turned and liverpool were the dominant force and we were in the state they are whether we;d be singing about hillsborough more.

football fans are fickle and jealous, and tbh i dont hold many reds in the highest of esteem. yes we've got some top fans but £#%&! me we've got our fair share of £#%&!ers.

Unread 30-04-2011, 12:19 AM
red in cumbria

Football fans are pretty representative of wider society, in other words

Unread 30-04-2011, 02:18 AM
wonky no

we got slated for singing "where's your famous munich song" in 1990. the first game at anfield after hillsborough.

munich has become a cliche. A forgivable slight, it's almost as accepted as 'man u' and other worn out insults such as "all united fans are from down south". i suppose its because those who remember munich are generations behind and no longer in the media

hillsborough is still very fresh in memory and i couldn't sing about all that. i don't get off on using tragedy as stick to beat someone with. each to their own. i bet most younger fans have no idea of the events of that night in munich let alone any reason to respect it. i wonder how many people would say munich when asked who we'd played?

i know that most fans from other clubs who get all giddy about getting in the champions league or aiming for the top 4 don't actually realise how much they owe it to that team and especially Sir Matt for blazing the trail in the first place.

so when those scouse @#%&!s air their 5 times ditty and also give it the aeroplane i prefer to look at their stupidity and general lack of knowledge. when City reach their pinnacle and finish in the top four they should really feel proud of the fact that if it wasn't for that fella who played 200 games for their club it might very well be a different story. They can't though because they are moronic.

Unread 30-04-2011, 02:40 AM
Neo

Thumbs up Re: Who put the ball in the

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
we got slated for singing "where's your famous munich song" in 1990. the first game at anfield after hillsborough.

munich has become a cliche. A forgivable slight, it's almost as accepted as 'man u' and other worn out insults such as "all united fans are from down south". i suppose its because those who remember munich are generations behind and no longer in the media

hillsborough is still very fresh in memory and i couldn't sing about all that. i don't get off on using tragedy as stick to beat someone with. each to their own. i bet most younger fans have no idea of the events of that night in munich let alone any reason to respect it. i wonder how many people would say munich when asked who we'd played?

i know that most fans from other clubs who get all giddy about getting in the champions league or aiming for the top 4 don't actually realise how much they owe it to that team and especially Sir Matt for blazing the trail in the first place.

so when those scouse @#%&!s air their 5 times ditty and also give it the aeroplane i prefer to look at their stupidity and general lack of knowledge. when City reach their pinnacle and finish in the top four they should really feel proud of the fact that if it wasn't for that fella who played 200 games for their club it might very well be a different story. They can't though because they are moronic.
Top post.

The 'Man U' thing has almost become a nickname rather than an insult these days.

You even get some mongs in the media using it ffs, and even worse some of our own £#%&!ing 'fans'.

Unread 30-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
The 'Man U' thing has almost become a nickname rather than an insult these days.

You even get some mongs in the media using it ffs, and even worse some of our own £#%&!ing 'fans'.
We used to sing it so it doesn't bother me in the slightest when it's used elsewhere. Actually amuses me when our own 'fans' get all precious over it.

Unread 30-04-2011, 10:58 AM
MUFC One Love

Noticed City fans are now getting on the "city against munich songs" shit etc....nothing to do with the fact that they thought they could go down to wembley for the semi giving it munich all day but got @#%&!ted all over by all accounts.

Unread 30-04-2011, 11:00 AM
beansy

A bert tried to defend it in an article in the guardian the other day. In general, it was apologist shite, but he did make one good point.

The reality is, it's not the spiteful 'm' singers who are in numbers, it's the ones who see Munich as not offensive, and just part of a reference to us. They see it as the same as 'Berties' or 'Dippers'. That's why it won't be stamped out anytime soon.

There's a difference (albeit very slight) between 'Who's that lying...' and 'and if you are a munich fan..'
Closed Thread