United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2018, 11:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Here we go, Fred's very own football expert is on the case.

Unread 21-01-2018, 11:59 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
It is an excellent record, but do you think he will succeed when he gets his next chance at a top club? He will get that chance, always going to score goals given how well he strikes the ball, but I don't see him as a player we will be despairing about losing in a couple of years.
I would have liked to see how he responded to a proper season under Mourinho tbh. Not saying he’s ever going to be a top, top player. I do think he offers something we’ve lacked though.

To be clear, not blaming Mourinho for letting him go either. I think LVG £#%&!ed him about too much and the lad needed a new start realistically.

Unread 22-01-2018, 12:14 AM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I would have liked to see how he responded to a proper season under Mourinho tbh. Not saying he’s ever going to be a top, top player. I do think he offers something we’ve lacked though.

To be clear, not blaming Mourinho for letting him go either. I think LVG f***ed him about too much and the lad needed a new start realistically.
Where would he have played?

He hasn't got the movement or bravery to play centrally, he's not right sided and he's not as good as Martial coming from the left.

Martial wasn't great last season but had a superb first season under his belt.

Depay did nothing to deserve or suggest more chances.

Did he even have 5 great matches for the club?

Played well in the champions league qualifiers and at home to Arsenal in the 3-2.

We're not a charity.

Unread 22-01-2018, 12:21 AM
armchair

Definitely something special about him but he became a caricature of himself. Maybe with technique like that if you think about it too much you turn to shit. You can't teach that technique, it's a weird natural thing only he has.

Unread 22-01-2018, 12:24 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMartial

He hasn't got the movement or bravery to play centrally, he's not right sided and he's not as good as Martial coming from the left.

Played well in the champions league qualifiers and at home to Arsenal in the 3-2.

We're not a charity.

Was an interesting game that one. Memph and Lingard played through the middle iirc. Looked intriguing as a way of trying to vary the attack. Unfortunately after Memphis had that good game against Arsenal he fizzled out.

Unread 22-01-2018, 12:31 AM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EuW3pxddsjg

Was an interesting game that one. Memph and Lingard played through the middle iirc. Looked intriguing as a way of trying to vary the attack. Unfortunately after Memphis had that good game against Arsenal he fizzled out.
That was one match pal, hardly anecdotal evidence.

He was utter shite for us.

He was Van Gaals boy but barely played in the second half of that season.

Unread 22-01-2018, 12:33 AM
Ethers

Quote:

We're not a charity.
Tbf pal, I’m not about to waste my time debating why Depay would have offered a different option to Anthony Martial at certain points, with a grown man who’s called himself AnthonyMartial

Unread 22-01-2018, 12:41 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
That was one match pal, hardly anecdotal evidence.

He was utter shite for us.

He was Van Gaals boy but barely played in the second half of that season.
Well it is anecdotal evidence

Didn’t look like Memph had the stomach for the fight at United. Can’t have helped that Martial was clearly better in Memph’s best position. Though I recall LvG deploying Memph as a no10 during pre-season and he has an outstanding record of position spotting.

Unread 22-01-2018, 12:43 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Tbf pal, I’m not about to waste my time debating why Depay would have offered a different option to Anthony Martial at certain points, with a grown man who’s called himself AnthonyMartial

Unread 22-01-2018, 12:53 AM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
You won't debate with someone because of their membership name?

Ok then.

Depay wouldn't have offered a different option, he would have offered a lesser option.

My name isn't the most creative I agree, I decided to name myself by my favorite player.

Unread 22-01-2018, 10:14 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Last minute winner against PSG. Absolutely incredible goal.

Balls on the lad.

Di Maria in tears. SCENES
Top red Memphis

Unread 22-01-2018, 11:04 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
You won't debate with someone because of their membership name?

Ok then.

Depay wouldn't have offered a different option, he would have offered a lesser option.

My name isn't the most creative I agree, I decided to name myself by my favorite player.
What are you, 13?

Favourite players...

Unread 22-01-2018, 12:17 PM
Luffy

Memphis did some £#%&!ed up shit to his body. He couldn't react to anything fast enough and his balance was gone. Even if the technique and skill is there if you can't move your leg fast enough you're getting tackled.

Fast in a straight line though...

Unread 22-01-2018, 01:10 PM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
What are you, 13?

Favourite players...
Sorry for not being cool.

Got to say Pogba running him close.

Ridiculous player, absolute joy to watch.

Unread 22-01-2018, 01:11 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Sorry for not being cool.

Got to say Pogba running him close.

Ridiculous player, absolute joy to watch.
He was pretty ridiculous at Burnleh tbh

Unread 22-01-2018, 02:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Deserved more time....

Top top player...

Unread 22-01-2018, 05:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Deserved more time....
Now, who else was that said about?

Unread 22-01-2018, 05:29 PM