United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Default Before the Wigan game, was anyone else already unimpressed by Chelsea?

Last minute winner against Hull, last minute winner against Stoke....They've not been cruising through games, anihilating teams with an impressive new regime lead by Ancellotti like the media will have you believe.

Admittedly they were impressive against Spurs, but thats the only game ive seen them do anything decent in.

Unread 27-09-2009, 12:57 PM
wee man

Default Re: Before the Wigan game, was anyone else already unimpressed by Chelsea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Last minute winner against Hull, last minute winner against Stoke....They've not been cruising through games, anihilating teams with an impressive new regime lead by Ancellotti like the media will have you believe.

Admittedly they were impressive against Spurs, but thats the only game ive seen them do anything decent in.
should have had a penalty against them in that one as well - and down to 10 men. 1-0 at the time. Ifs and buts mind.

Unread 27-09-2009, 12:57 PM
elhombre

Default Re: Before the Wigan game, was anyone else already unimpressed by Chelsea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon

i've never been impressed by them. just like i've never been impressed with arsenal.

Unread 27-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Mr_Ed

Worst of it is is that they've gone back to playing shitty, direct dirge that they're supposed to not be playing any more...

They don't have a clue. The African cup of nations will do them in come January.

Unread 27-09-2009, 12:59 PM
thatsfuctit

I was concious that they hadn't had the most difficult of starts, but they do seem a more unified squad this year.

The spurs game went massivley away from them after the penalty - will be interesting to see what happens when they are under a bit more pressure

Unread 27-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Switching Off

They'll keep winning games 1-0 all season. Just hope they have a few off days like yesterday so we stay ahead of them.

Unread 27-09-2009, 01:01 PM
dunk

I've not been impressed, they have had a relatively easy start and even against Spurs they should've been behind in the first 20 minutes.

The form of Drogba and Ashley Cole have been impressive, the rest have looked fairly ordinary. They are ridiculously powerful and a touch relentless and could conceivably be shit all season and still force the results to win the league if United don't perform though.

Of the top 4, United have had by far the toughest group of fixtures and we are top of the league and should have a 100% record.

I watched a bit of Sunday Supplement this morning and Samuel, a Custis and some @#%&! from the times were all in agreement that Chelsea are too powerful, City have the best squad and will finish 3rd and United aren't that good and are far from a 'Classic United' team and will struggle, oh, and Ferguson is worried about City, who would've won the Derby last week had Adebayor been fit.

It beggars belief.

Still, let them all write us off, underestimate at your peril, you would think they had learnt after all these years.

Unread 27-09-2009, 01:02 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Worst of it is is that they've gone back to playing shitty, direct dirge that they're supposed to not be playing any more...

They don't have a clue. The African cup of nations will do them in come January.
Take a look at their fixtures. If we were in that position RAWK would be in meltdown over them.

Unread 27-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Take a look at their fixtures. If we were in that position RAWK would be in meltdown over them.
Who've they got?

Unread 27-09-2009, 01:13 PM
denis lawless

i think its funny how the first time they lose ...they also give up top spot to us

Unread 27-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Worst thing about it is they're losing the main supply of their goals in Drogba, their backup striker in Kalou, and the player who's most likely to take a shit game by the scruff of its neck and salvage something from it in Essien. If they come out of that period and still win the league, they deserve it.

Unread 27-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Gizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I've not been impressed, they have had a relatively easy start and even against Spurs they should've been behind in the first 20 minutes.

The form of Drogba and Ashley Cole have been impressive, the rest have looked fairly ordinary. They are ridiculously powerful and a touch relentless and could conceivably be shit all season and still force the results to win the league if United don't perform though.

Of the top 4, United have had by far the toughest group of fixtures and we are top of the league and should have a 100% record.

I watched a bit of Sunday Supplement this morning and Samuel, a Custis and some @#%&! from the times were all in agreement that Chelsea are too powerful, City have the best squad and will finish 3rd and United aren't that good and are far from a 'Classic United' team and will struggle, oh, and Ferguson is worried about City, who would've won the Derby last week had Adebayor been fit.

It beggars belief.

Still, let them all write us off, underestimate at your peril, you would think they had learnt after all these years.
Saw a bit of that this morning before work, and what they were saying seemed to me to be total %@#$&!s. But thats journos for you, and im happy for them to keep writing us off.

Unread 27-09-2009, 02:07 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Who've they got?
Hull (a)
Sunderland (h)
Birmingham (h)
Burnley (a)

Unread 27-09-2009, 02:13 PM
sharath

if you talking about purely performance point of view, I haven't been impressed by them since duff and robben went shit, that is from their last title win.

The irritating thing ( and probably why some have a grudging respect for them ) is they always seem to do just enough to get results. Even against united like in 07-08 when they won 2-0, last season when they did just enough to earn a draw. Their midfield is incredibly strong with lampard, essien, ballack and mikel. That's probably the most powerful, athletic midfield in world football. You could see that in their match against barcelona. barcelona were well and truly rattled. I still think we would have won if chelsea had gone through instead of barcelona. We didn't have a midfield to cope with barcelona where as chelsea did.

And they have 2 powerful strikers in drogba and anelka. They will just do enough to win most football matches.

As someone has said previously, if united don't do enough to win the league, chelsea will surely do it. liverpool and arsenal are average and won't sustain in the long term.

Unread 27-09-2009, 02:14 PM
sharath

Quote:
Hull (a)
Sunderland (h)
Birmingham (h)
Burnley (a)
beggars belief

Unread 27-09-2009, 02:29 PM
borsuk

i love it when people write united off

all these years and they still haven't learned

Unread 27-09-2009, 02:34 PM
wonky no

they are one bad injury away from finishing behind city.

Unread 27-09-2009, 05:07 PM
revanoz

I think there are still problems defensively from when Scolari was there.

Terry hasn't been the same since his back injury, Carvalho is in and out of the side and is getting on and Essien is still their best right back. Cech has gone from the best in the world to an above average kepper.

And no decent cover either...

They will still be our strongest challengers though, obviously.

Unread 27-09-2009, 05:11 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i love it when people write united off

all these years and they still haven't learned
it amazes me that after so long everyone (on here included) underestimates SAF so much.

Unread 27-09-2009, 05:15 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
it amazes me that after so long everyone (on here included) underestimates SAF so much.
Agree. It's normally the usual suspects tbh.

Similarily, it amazes me when people write off Chelsea after a defeat. They will be our main challengers, NQAT
Closed Thread