United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:02 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Because he learnt how to pick the ball out of the back of the net and saving a decent percentage of the shit load of shots on goal he faced every game?

He needs to prove he can keep his concentraton for 90 minutes and make one of two important saves when called upon as is the case with keepers at United before he is considered as first team material imo.

If you can't see that you need £#%&!ing.
Agreed. Being a goalkeeper at Watford and being a goalkeeper at United are two entirely different things.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
%@#$&!s crumps ..krusty is dodgy as £#%&! ..
When, where, how and why?

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:03 PM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Because he learnt how to pick the ball out of the back of the net and saving a decent percentage of the shit load of shots on goal he faced every game?

He needs to prove he can keep his concentraton for 90 minutes and make one of two important saves when called upon as is the case with keepers at United before he is considered as first team material imo.

If you can't see that you need £#%&!ing.
100% agreeed with Crumps on this one. It's much easier to look good in a poor team, like Foster did last season. Talented keeper, but he's got a lot to prove yet.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:04 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
100% agreeed with Crumps on this one. It's much easier to look good in a poor team, like Foster did last season. Talented keeper, but he's got a lot to prove yet.
and what has krusty done in his 4 games

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:05 PM
koppas

Quote:
Looked good in a good team?

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:06 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Looked good in a good team?
cant kick and doesnt look to clever on crosses

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:08 PM
TheNew

Quote:
Made sensational, match winning saves and had a superb haircut.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:09 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
Made sensational, match winning saves and had a superb haircut.
had ..when

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:09 PM
koppas

Quote:
Hasn't had much to do due to our superior defence.

For what's it worth, I can't recall many crosses he has had to deal with.

His kicking isn't that bad.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:14 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:

Last season, yes, but this year he seems far more confident and has been near perfect in his short time.

Only goals conceded were against Coventry. One good save and one very good save against Kiev last week. A brilliant save at Birmingham and a clean sheet. Clean sheet against Roma.

I think he's a better shot stopper than VDS too. If we're serious about him potentially taking over from VDS then he needs to be given a chance. He's looked confident, disciplined and he'd be playing in front of a fine defence.
It'd be two pronged as it would give VDS a break too.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:15 PM
borsuk

he's done nothing wrong this season and an awful lot right - fantastic strength in his arms to stop shots and superb reflexes. after looking all over the place on crosses he's started looking confident under them and seems to work well with the back four.

he's clearly impressed fergie and is getting time with the first team when possible. his progress is highly impressive and if he can maintain the level he's shown when required this season then he'll be an excellent #1. that's the 'if', though.

i translated an interview with him a while back:

http://utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45056

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:17 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
he's done nothing wrong this season and an awful lot right - fantastic strength in his arms to stop shots and superb reflexes. after looking all over the place on crosses he's started looking confident under them and seems to work well with the back four.

he's clearly impressed fergie and is getting time with the first team when possible. his progress is highly impressive and if he can maintain the level he's shown when required this season then he'll be an excellent #1. that's the 'if', though.

i translated an interview with him a while back:

http://utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45056
Spot on.

Good comment about his strong arms. He does seem to have really strong arms and wrists. That save against Kiev was really top drawer and he's looked good on shot stopping from day one.

Unread 13-11-2007, 02:08 PM
sharath

What the £#%&!!! Pole in goal looks dodgy as £#%&!. I am nervous whenever a cross goes into the box. And he is a nervous wreck. he messes up every back pass to him. And awful kicking to boot.

Foster is excellent at releasing the ball early to start counter attacks. Their goals in championship and some in premiership were a direct result of this.

Unread 13-11-2007, 02:10 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
What the £#%&!!! Pole in goal looks dodgy as £#%&!. I am nervous whenever a cross goes into the box. And he is a nervous wreck. he messes up every back pass to him. And awful kicking to boot.

Foster is excellent at releasing the ball early to start counter attacks. Their goals in championship and some in premiership were a direct result of this.
I take it you haven't watched Krusty this season. I can't think of any alarming moments.

Seems to have made big strides since last year and also saved our bacon at Birmingham.

Unread 13-11-2007, 02:11 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I take it you haven't watched Krusty this season. I can't think of any alarming moments.

Seems to have made big strides since last year and also saved our bacon at Birmingham.
even this season, have you seen his kicking?

Unread 13-11-2007, 02:14 PM
antonin jablonsky

Neither Krusty or Foster have "proven it", both only having played regularly at a lower level. I think they will be fighting it out for the no. 1 shirt next season and that Foster eventually will win it.

Unread 13-11-2007, 02:15 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
even this season, have you seen his kicking?
I can't remember any particularly scary moments.

Schmeichel's kicking was never the best. I wouldn't worry too much about kicking.

Unread 13-11-2007, 02:16 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Neither Krusty or Foster have "proven it", both only having played regularly at a lower level. I think they will be fighting it out for the no. 1 shirt next season and that Foster eventually will win it.
How do you envisage them battling it out? I'd be a little worried if they were chopping and changing week after week.

Unread 13-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
How do you envisage them battling it out? I'd be a little worried if they were chopping and changing week after week.
I'd make them both sit on a log which is astride a stream and then get them to hit each other with brooms padded with pillows on the end.

The first one to fall in the stream is the loser.

Unread 13-11-2007, 02:23 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Basically, I think it'll be decided during pre-saeson. They'll both get opportunities and the one who looks better will start the season.
Closed Thread