United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:32 PM
koppas

Exclamation Ben Foster - now there is a forgotten face at Old Trafford

Anyone think he will be our #1 in 2008/09 or will he be £#%&!ed off to Watford for another two season loan before leaving on a free?

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Crumps

Think he'll need another year out on loan when fit. I have seen nothing that suggests he should be ahead of Kuszczak tbh. Any keeper can look good if you are judging them on saving 10-14 of the 15 shots they are facing nearly every game.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Qwertyuiop

Personally I think in the next couple of seasons he will start slowly turning into a mouse. Slight changes at first, twitchy, longer whiskers and a bit timid, then he will progress to being more inquisitive near cheese and constantly looking to the sky for owls. By the 2009/10 season he will be 100% mouse - by this point I would expect Kusczack to have made the No.1 jersey his own.

BryanRobson'sLiver

I think him and Krusty will be fighting it out for the number 1 spot next seaon.

koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Think he'll need another year out on loan when fit. I have seen nothing that suggests he should be ahead of Kuszczak. Any keeper can look good if you are judging them on saving 10-14 of the 15 shots they are facing nearly every game.
Aidy Boothroyd says that he can be the best in the world.

MOTWYW

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:38 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
I think him and Krusty will be fighting it out for the number 1 spot next seaon.
Can't see Krusty being #1. He is too poor when it comes to crossing and I never feel safe with him playing - despite being a great shot stopper.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Aidy Boothroyd says that he can be the best in the world.

MOTWYW
He made end up being so but he is still very very young for a keeper and for me Kuszczak has done £#%&! all wrong when he has played so far. Another six months to year on loan to get him back up to speed and them let him and Tommy fight it out between them.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:43 PM
koppas

Quote:
He made end up being so but he is still very very young for a keeper and for me Kuszczak has done £#%&! all wrong when he has played so far. Another six months to year on loan to get him back up to speed and them let him and Tommy fight it out between them.
Well said Fergie.

That being said, wouldn't have minded seeing Carlo Cudicini between the sticks a few years back. Or Shay Given.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:46 PM
The Return of JC

Kuszczak has improved a lot since last year. Hasn't put a foot wrong this season and has made match winning saves at times.

Fergie clearly wants to give him more games too. I'd be pleasantly suprised if we saw Krusty for a little run at some point to give VDS a break.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:47 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Kuszczak has improved a lot since last year. Hasn't put a foot wrong this season and has made match winning saves at times.

Fergie clearly wants to give him more games too. I'd be pleasantly suprised if we saw Krusty for a little run at some point to give VDS a break.
Woah there!

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Well said Fergie.

That being said, wouldn't have minded seeing Carlo Cudicini between the sticks a few years back. Or Shay Given.
Was suprised by Cudicini's lack of ambition tbh. What a £#%&!ing arse.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:49 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Can't see Krusty being #1. He is too poor when it comes to crossing and I never feel safe with him playing - despite being a great shot stopper.
I agree 100% but he isn't yet near the peak years of a keeper, it isn't far fetched to hope he will get better in those areas given a few good games, a bit of confidence and a lot of training.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:49 PM
koppas

Quote:
Was suprised by Cudicini's lack of ambition tbh. What a £#%&!ing arse.
I'm shocked by it too. When he was #1 at Chelsea he was defo in the top 5 keepers in the world and has done £#%&! all since then except play the odd Carling Cup game.

Shame.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:53 PM
puressence

foster> krusty if you cant see that you want £#%&!ing

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Crumps

Quote:
I'm shocked by it too. When he was #1 at Chelsea he was defo in the top 5 keepers in the world and has done £#%&! all since then except play the odd Carling Cup game.

Shame.
He could have gone to any team in Europe (bar Juve, Inter and Madrid maybe?) at the time and walked in to their first team when they signed Cech but he appears happy to just sit around and pick up his vast wage.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:56 PM
koppas

Quote:
He could have gone to any team in Europe (bar Juve, Inter and Madrid maybe?) at the time and walked in to their first team when they signed Cech but he appears happy to sit around and pick up his vast wage.
He has been at Chelsea for 8 years now and has probably only played about 30 games.

Don't get me started on Steve Harper at Newcastle.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:57 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Woah there!

I'm serious. There has to be a point where we invest a little bit of faith than just FA Cup and redundant CL games. I can see him coming in for the last two CL games and maybe getting a run.

Not a huge run, just enough to keep him sharp and VDS fresh. I'm sure Fergie would like to give him more of a run out than last year and to do that he'll need to play him in some Premiership games.

He wants to be No 1 and doesn't want to be at the club for three or four years with just a handful of games under his belt.

He hasn't let us down this season and seems to have grown in the last year.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
foster> krusty if you cant see that you want £#%&!ing
Because he learnt how to pick the ball out of the back of the net and saving a decent percentage of the shit load of shots on goal he faced every game?

He needs to prove he can keep his concentraton for 90 minutes and make one or two important saves when called upon as is the case with keepers at United before he is considered as first team material imo.

If you can't see that you need £#%&!ing.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:59 PM
koppas

Quote:
Because he learnt how to pick the ball out of the back of the net and saving a decent percentage of the shit load of shots on goal he faced every game?

He needs to prove he can keep his concentraton for 90 minutes and be called on to make one of two important saves when called upon as is the case with keepers at United before he is considered as first team material at United imo.

Nail on head.

Unread 13-11-2007, 02:01 PM
puressence

Quote:

He needs to prove he can keep his concentraton for 90 minutes and be called on to make one of two important saves when called upon as is the case with keepers at United before he is considered as first team material at United imo.

%@#$&!s crumps ..krusty is dodgy as £#%&! ..
Closed Thread