United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-11-2007, 02:26 PM
MUFC One Love

tbh people have short memories, including some of our fans. It shouldn't be forgotten that we got our title back with a midfield of Carrick and Scholes.

Unread 13-11-2007, 02:29 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
tbh people have short memories, including some of our fans. It shouldn't be forgotten that we got our title back with a midfield of Carrick and Scholes.
Carrick will get plenty of games. Anderson, as good as he's been, will be protected from burn out by Fergie and may be given a few weeks off (ala Ronaldo).

And it's horses for courses. I reckon Carrick will feature against less combative teams and I trust him to pick holes in a team more than anyone, I think.
We've got plenty of options and we shouldn't forget that Carrick oozes class and I'm sure he'll be given plenty of chances this season. It's a long old campaign.

Unread 13-11-2007, 02:33 PM
MUFC One Love

Good post JC.

He'll get a run in the side again, no question about that ()

His passing is fantastic a joy to watch. He can unlock any defence about and he'll play a big part for us. We have options, that's what we needed last season and options leads to success more often than not.

Unread 13-11-2007, 02:44 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Good post JC.

He'll get a run in the side again, no question about that ()

His passing is fantastic a joy to watch. He can unlock any defence about and he'll play a big part for us. We have options, that's what we needed last season and options leads to success more often than not.
Quite.

Radio 5 were writing him off on Sunday. It's a squad game, people. He will play plenty.

It's the variety of options we have that impresses me.

Hargreaves and Carrick are very different and Anderson has both their qualities but isn't the same as either.

As you say, Carrick's passing is a joy and his composure is one of his best qualities. He won't buzz around the pitch, but he's just as disciplined and controlled and can slow the game down when needed.

I always fancy him to ping in a few 25 yarders too. Probably only behind Scholes in that department.

There'll be times when he's the right fit.

Unread 13-11-2007, 02:48 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Cue the 'Titanic Sinks' image, but I've only just realised he's not in the England squad.

How utterly ridiculous.

I guess it's easy to forget, at the moment, what a terrific player he is.
carrick has been out a month and played how much football since coming back??

unreasonable to leave out a player who wouldnt get a minute anyway and hasnt played a full 90 minutes in 5 weeks?(hargreaves, gerrard and lampard all fit)

Unread 13-11-2007, 02:48 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Quite.

Radio 5 were writing him off on Sunday. It's a squad game, people. He will play plenty.

It's the variety of options we have that impresses me.

Hargreaves and Carrick are very different and Anderson has both their qualities but isn't the same as either.

As you say, Carrick's passing is a joy and his composure is one of his best qualities. He won't buzz around the pitch, but he's just as disciplined and controlled and can slow the game down when needed.

I always fancy him to ping in a few 25 yarders too. Probably only behind Scholes in that department.

There'll be times when he's the right fit.
There should be plenty of opportunities for all 3 of our midfielders, with games coming thick and fast and Scholes out. I s'pose Carrick's only real problem is that at the moment, seemingly, the first choice pairing will be Hargo and Anderson so when he gets an opportunity, he really needs to grab it with both hands.

Unread 13-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Crumps

Quote:
We've got plenty of options and we shouldn't forget that Carrick oozes class and I'm sure he'll be given plenty of chances this season. It's a long old campaign.
I think Carrick suffers some of the same criticism levelled at Rio on occasion tbh becasue they aren't smash and grab flying in to last ditch tackles type players. The thing is because of their awareness and reading of the game they don't need to be. These same people normally tend to be convinced that Terry is Baresiesque and that Steven Gerrard is a 'box to box' midfielder too.

Unread 13-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer bell
carrick has been out a month and played how much football since coming back??

unreasonable to leave out a player who wouldnt get a minute anyway and hasnt played a full 90 minutes in 5 weeks?(hargreaves, gerrard and lampard all fit)
So everyone apart from Carrick is allowed in the England squad on reputation alone?

Unread 13-11-2007, 03:00 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
I think Carrick suffers some of the same criticism levelled at Rio on occasion tbh becasue they aren't smash and grab flying in to last ditch tackles type players. The thing is because of their awareness and reading of the game they don't need to be. These same people normally tend to be convinced that Terry is Baresiesque and that Steven Gerrard is a 'box to box' midfielder too.
Another good point. He reads the game well that he only needs to step into challenges rather than dive into them.

His composure and reading of the game are possibly his best qualities.

Re the point about hardly playing, I doubt that would matter if it was one of the high profile players. Alan Smith hasn't played up front for Newcastle in weeks yet he's one of the four strikers.

MaClaren knows what Carrick can do. If he's not selecting him due to being rotated with Anderson and Hargreaves and a recent injury then he's a dick, he won't get England through and should be fired.

Oh wait, he is, he won't and he will be.

Unread 13-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Part 36 Offer

McClaren is a £#%&!ing moron.

I'd love it if England didn't go through.....love it.

Unread 13-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
I'd love it if England didn't go through.....love it.
I can't see Israel troubling Russia and they'll beat Andora.

I'm not even sure England can beat Croatia tbh.
Closed Thread