United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-11-2007, 10:57 AM
El Calafate

Thumbs up Evra Extension?

from the Times

Patrice Evra is expected to sign a two-year extension to his contract during the international break that will keep him at the club until 2012. After initially struggling to settle in at Old Trafford, in the wake of his £5.5 million move from AS Monaco in January last year, the France defender has made the left-back position his own and is keen to commit his long-term future to the club.

nft.

Unread 13-11-2007, 11:09 AM
sharath

great.

All we need is a left back ( hopefully from the youth team ) , a right back ( hopefully simpson ) and a striker ( unfortunately few millions will have to be paid out ) and we are set for a few good years

Although, Campbell is doing excellent for Hull. Scored yet again and earned Hull a penalty.

By the time rio and brown reach 32-33, Pique and Evans will be fully matured to step up to the plate.

Unread 13-11-2007, 11:11 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
great.

All we need is a left back ( hopefully from the youth team ) , a right back ( hopefully simpson ) and a striker ( unfortunately few millions will have to be paid out ) and we are set for a few good years

Although, Campbell is doing excellent for Hull. Scored yet again and earned Hull a penalty.

By the time rio and brown reach 32-33, Pique and Evans will be fully matured to step up to the plate.
Has someone nicked your login?

Unread 13-11-2007, 11:34 AM
dunk

Quote:
great.

For Full Backs we have the Brazillian twins long term, short term we have enough.

Sell Fletcher, bring in Veloso.

Find a striker or two and we are sorted.

Unread 13-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
great.

sharath in talk sense shocker.

Unread 13-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Crumps

Quote:
great.

Stop it.

I refuse to live in a world I actually agree with you so just £#%&!ing stop it.

Unread 13-11-2007, 11:55 AM
The Return of JC

Thumbs up

Great.

Fantastic player.

Ferdinand and Vidic draw the plaudits for our defensive displays but they wouldn't be the same without this little fella either.

Watching him bomb up and down that left is one of the highlight of our play at the moment.

Unread 13-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Barca '91

Shame. I thought this was gonna be about his new conservatory

Unread 13-11-2007, 12:49 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
I thought a similar thing.

I thought they'd made him that bit taller.

Unread 13-11-2007, 12:54 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:

arfage

Unread 13-11-2007, 12:56 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Has someone nicked your login?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
For Full Backs we have the Brazillian twins long term, short term we have enough.

Sell Fletcher, bring in Veloso.

Find a striker or two and we are sorted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo (no capital at the start)
sharath in talk sense shocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Stop it.

I refuse to live in a world I actually agree with you so just £#%&!ing stop it.

Although all these things are offsetted by the presence of an ultra shite O shea, useless fletcher and an average brown who gets past his mediocreness because of being a local lad.

Are you guys happy now?

Unread 13-11-2007, 12:57 PM
believe

Quote:
I thought he'd decided he wanted to look more like Anderson.

Unread 13-11-2007, 12:57 PM
sharath

And did anyone watch campbell goals?

looks strong as £#%&!. Didn't realise that he is that fast and strong while playing in reserves.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:00 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
And did anyone watch campbell goals?

looks strong as £#%&!. Didn't realise that he is that fast and strong while playing in reserves.
I saw most of the game against Barnsley where he scored twice. Looked very sharp and worked well with Windass.

Saw his goal against Preston at the weekend. Very sharp finish. Looks a pretty deadly finisher TBH.

I think being alongside someone as experienced as Windass has helped him. He couldn't have done much more really.

Are those all his goals? Has he scored more?

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:01 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I saw most of the game against Barnsley where he scored twice. Looked very sharp and worked well with Windass.

Saw his goal against Preston at the weekend. Very sharp finish. Looks a pretty deadly finisher TBH.

I think being alongside someone as experienced as Windass has helped him. He couldn't have done much more really.

Are those all his goals? Has he scored more?
as far as my memory goes he has. has a couple of assists too. can't get the youtube links

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:03 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
as far as my memory goes he has. has a couple of assists too. can't get the youtube links

They were all clinical finishes.

It'd be interesting to see if he could do it in the Premiership too.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:17 PM
sharath

great goals those...

hopefully he will get to a prem club during second half of the season.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Crumps

Quote:
an average brown who gets past his mediocreness because of being a local lad.

Normal service resumed eh £#%&! stick?

Plenty of clueless Mancs who don't him rate either.

Unread 13-11-2007, 01:47 PM
dunk

Brown is far from Mediocre, O'Shea is a long way from being shite and Fletcher is a very useful player, all show their best form when given a run of games, unfortunately the rest of the squad is so good only major injury gets them games and their performances when playing 'cold' are used to beat them with.

I'm bored of that argument though.

I like Frasier Campbell, have done since I first saw him in the youth team, fast and tenacious, with a style not disimilar to Samuel Eto'o (no, I'm not comparing the 2), only his technical ability in open play, his ability to join up with players around him worried me, but I've watched him a couple of times for Hull and he has looked good. As you say, his finishing is superb and his pace will scare any defence.

I thought he did alrght when he came on against City, he just looks like he needs to beef up a little in order to hold his own in the Premiership. I hope his loan spell brings him on enough to play a part for us in the second half of the season as it seems an age since we brought through a striker of any note.
Closed Thread