United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-11-2007, 04:55 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
I take all of those aforementioned strikers and raise you 1 Georgios Samaras. 6 and a half million quids worth of £#%&!ing shite.
We have a winner!

Unread 12-11-2007, 04:58 PM
marlo stansfield

easily the worst.
the others has scored goals at at least one recognised football level.
not this guy

Unread 12-11-2007, 04:59 PM
M45RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
What a load of shit!

Why would one of the big four have the worst striker in the Premiership.

Kuyt is limited, but he isn't shite. And the worst in the league? Some of you need to trawl through the squad lists of Birmingham, Sunderland, Derby and Wigan before saying such silly things.

I feel very sorry for Nugent. He was loyal to PNE and waited for his big move. He chose Portsmouth over other clubs and Redknapp hasn't given him the time of day. Why did he sign him then?

As for the worst, I'm sure there are players we're yet to even see from the promoted sides who are sat in their reserves.

Anthony Stokes of Sunderland looks completely and totally out of his depth whenever I've seen him. Really really bad.

You have to look at it relatively though. If some of the average strikers mentions played for any of the top four, they would probably do a better job than the ones we have mentioned that do. i.e if Voronin played for Pompy he would look even worse. Ipso Facto if Nugent played for the scouse he'd probably have bagged a few by now!

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:01 PM
shyteds

Quote:
I'm genuinely stunned that someone could believe that Emanual Adebayor is the worst striker in the Premiership.
Personal opinion and that of a few gooners.

I go with my brother in law to 2 or 3 Arsenal games a season, he comes up and we go out on the ale. Free tickets before any of you @#%&!s have a go.

A lot of gooners don’t like him(cant say that for sure this season as I have not gone to a game with him).
I have seen it with my own eyes. Last season some of them were booing him at the Council House. I did laugh.

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:02 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer bell
easily the worst.
the others has scored goals at at least one recognised football level.
not this guy

And how many Prem games has he played?

One?

If you're going to start picking team's reserve players then shall we scout the Derby reserve team.

I'm sure there's plenty worse than Dong in there.

I hate to state the obvious, but wouldn't the worst side in the Premiership have the worse players?

Surely it's Derby or the like. They're a team full of championship players. I doubt there's one player of genuine quality in their squad - this is why they lose 5-0 at home to injury ravaged average prem sides. This is why they've only scored 4 goals all season and have a goal difference of -26.

Why would Arsenal and Liverpool, two sides who are going for the title, have the worst strikers?

They wouldn't, would they?

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:04 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyteds
Personal opinion and that of a few gooners.

I go with my brother in law to 2 or 3 Arsenal games a season, he comes up and we go out on the ale. Free tickets before any of you @#%&!s have a go.

A lot of gooners don’t like him(cant say that for sure this season as I have not gone to a game with him).
I have seen it with my own eyes. Last season some of them were booing him at the Council House. I did laugh.
Fine, you're probably right, but that's still some way off being the worst in the Premiership. Ask your friends if they rather have Anthony Stokes/Rob Earnshaw/Antoine Sibierski/Diomansy Kamara/Steve Howard/Cameron Jerome.

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:05 PM
puressence

dong>smith

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:05 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
I'm sure there's plenty worse than Dong in there.
he plays reserve football but is a striker for a premieship team.

he is arsenals equivilent of bretner.

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:09 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
he plays reserve football but is a striker for a premieship team.

he is arsenals equivilent of bretner.
Bretner?

I assume you mean Bendtner?

Again, Dong has played one game. Bendtner features regularly in the Carling Cup, makes the odd appearance in the league and featured prominently for Birmingham last year to gain valuable experience.

If we're including Dong then we need to include the other teams players who have only had one appearance to their name. In fact, I doubt any of us would be able to name them so the whole thing is moot anyway.

I really don't think people are thinking this through.

The top four sides don't have ANY of the worst players in the Premier League in their first team affairs. They wouldn't be in the squad if they were. I think we're underestimating just how bad some of these other sides are.....and they've all got strikers who they still consider not good enough to start.

Derby have four goals and never, ever look like scoring.....and they STILL don't start Rob Earnshaw.

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Fine, you're probably right, but that's still some way off being the worst in the Premiership. Ask your friends if they rather have Anthony Stokes/Rob Earnshaw/Antoine Sibierski/Diomansy Kamara/Steve Howard/Cameron Jerome.
Harsh putting Kamara in with that lot.

Shefki Kuqi has done well to escape a mention. Couldn't believe my eyes the other day when I saw he was still in the Premiership.

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:12 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Harsh putting Kamara in with that lot.

Shefki Kuqi has done well to escape a mention. Couldn't believe my eyes the other day when I saw he was still in the Premiership.

Oh yeah, forgot about him. Ok, replace Kamara with Kuqi

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:13 PM
dunk

I wish we had Adebayor at OT, he would be a perfect alternative to the players we have.

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:13 PM
thatsfuctit

there is some %@#$&!s being spouted on this thread.

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:14 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
there is some %@#$&!s being spouted on this thread.
Isn't there just. Totally agree.

(Unless you mean me, in which case...shut the £#%&! up! )

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:14 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Bretner?

Again, Dong has played one game. Bendtner features regularly in the Carling Cup, makes the odd appearance in the league and featured prominently for Birmingham last year to gain valuable experience.

If we're including Dong then we need to include the other teams players who have only had one appearance to their name. In fact, I doubt any of us would be able to name them so the whole thing is moot anyway.

The top four sides don't have ANY of the worst players in the Premier League in their first team affairs. They wouldn't be in the squad if they were. I think we're underestimating just how bad some of these other sides are.....and they've all got strikers who they still consider not good enough to start.

Derby have four goals and never, ever look like scoring.....and they STILL don't start Rob Earnshaw.
there is a reason dong hasnt made more than one appearance ist because he is that shit.

he hasnt played this season and most clubs havent even enquired about him.

dong isnt even good enough to start for derby or wigan.
if you asked who id rather have upfront marcus bent or dong, bent everytime.

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:15 PM
M45RED

Quote:
Bretner?

If you are absoulute shite in a big team with good players giving you chances on a plate the you would be wore in a shit team. Agreed?

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:18 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
there is a reason dong hasnt made more than one appearance ist because he is that shit.

he hasnt played this season and most clubs havent even enquired about him.

dong isnt even good enough to start for derby or wigan.
if you asked who id rather have upfront marcus bent or dong, bent everytime.
Dong isn't good enough to start for United ahead of Rooney, Tevez and Saha in a side that is averging three goals a game.

Rob Earnshaw isn't good enough to start for Derby ahead of Kenny Miller and Steven Howard in a team that's scored four goals this season.

Again, let's compare him with other players playing one game.

I think this thread should be kept to players who play reqularly in the Premier League so that we actually have some football to judge them by.

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Bretner?

I agree with the essence of what you're saying, but having seen him play a few times I'm not prepared the write off the idea of Dong being the worst player in the league.

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:21 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Dong isn't good enough to start for United ahead of Rooney, Tevez and Saha in a side that is averging three goals a game.

Rob Earnshaw isn't good enough to start for Derby ahead of Kenny Miller and Steven Howard in a team that's scored four goals this season.

Again, let's compare him with other players playing one game.

I think this thread should be kept to players who play reqularly in the Premier League so that we actually have some football to judge them by.
-has dong scored any goals at any DECENT level of football?

-earnshaw would look better than he does playing for a good team as opposed to a poor one due to the players around him....

-saf would love to give dong a chance and would love to let him play but he really is that bad, its almost amazing how shit he is. i dont think he would even make it in the championship.

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:24 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M45RED
If you are absoulute shite in a big team with good players giving you chances on a plate the you would be wore in a shit team. Agreed?
No.

There's more pressure playing for a big side. Not to mention the fact that the big sides rotate and it's hard for players to get consistency in their performance.

This is why certain players 'find their level' so to speak.

e.g. Tim Howard. Fine goalkeeper that looks better in a shitter side and excels because the pressure isn't as great.
But couldn't cut it here.
We've seen strikers bang in goals, move to bigger clubs and they can't cut it.

Jeffers? Collymore? Kezman? Kuyt?

All came with big reputations and goals to their names, but don't score as many one they moved to the bigger club.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that comparing top clubs players with shit clubs isn't even really fair because the standards/expectancy/ is completely different.
Closed Thread