Unread 12-11-2007, 12:08 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
....and we still won.

We're looking good.
albeit at home...

Still happy.

2 moments of brilliance from ronaldo and tevez.

todays papers are potraying the story as if we were a one man team of rooney and we are relieved that ronnie has stepped it up. wtf!! who was the player who saved us last season time and again? ronnie. this season he has won his fair share of games, tevez has won his fair share of games, saha has won at least one game and rooney his fair share of games. where do you see a pattern of united being one man ( rooney ) army?

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:13 PM
borsuk

i think a fair assessment/comparison would be:

Schmeichel > VDS
Parker > Brown
Irwin < Evra
Pallister < Rio
Bruce = Vidic
Giggs > Giggs but seriously, he's still great but he was better then
Ince > Hargreaves
Keane = Scholes/Anderson this comparison doesn't work at all
Kanchelskis < Ronaldo
Hughes < Rooney much as i love sparky...
Cantona > Tevez

a way to go yet. but considering the youth of this team...

tactically i think we're a much tougher proposition these days as well.

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

You've got your < the wrong way round on Irwin/Evra Borsuk.

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:15 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
i really REALLY hope and pray we NEVER do !!

Agree.

Huddle OUT! (If it ever gets IN!)

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

Schmeichel > VDS
Parker > Brown
Irwin < Evra
Pallister < Rio
Bruce = Vidic
Ince > Hargreaves
Kanchelskis < Ronaldo
Cantona > Tevez

I don't quite agree with the ones in bold, the rest have time on their side (the current player, obv.)

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:17 PM
The Return of JC

[quote=borsuk;641159]i think a fair assessment/comparison would be:

Schmeichel > VDS
Parker > Brown
Irwin < Evra
Pallister < Rio
Bruce = Vidic
Ince > Hargreaves
Kanchelskis < Ronaldo
Cantona > Tevez

tactically i think we're a much tougher proposition these days as well.[/QUOTE]

Good point.

Part of Fergie's management that is underrated.

His tactics at Arsenal were bang on, but because he's not all foreign like and doesn't make lots of confusing hand gestures he's obviously not as good tactically

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:18 PM
n48

Irwin can't be beaten for his consistency.

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:19 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

Schmeichel > VDS
Parker > Brown
Irwin < Evra
Pallister < Rio
Bruce = Vidic
Ince > Hargreaves
Kanchelskis < Ronaldo
Cantona > Tevez

tactically we are much better. thats the key. And I would argue, there are more match winners too in the current team along with better back up.
( nani, saha, scholes, carrick, pique,park,foster, pole in goal )

and you have taken brown, not neville.

And this team is having to deal with more stiff challenge, At least 4 sides capable of winning title, another 4-5 good sides.

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:21 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
tactically we are much better. thats the key. And I would argue, there are more match winners too in the current team along with better back up.
( nani, saha, scholes, carrick, pique,park,foster, pole in goal )

and you have taken brown, not neville.

And this team is having to deal with more stiff challenge, At least 4 sides capable of winning title, another 4-5 good sides.
Exactly.

We're fending off Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Not Aston Villa, Blackburn and Norwich.

Playing in Europe obviously helps a team to develop too. The '94 side never got that chance together.

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:25 PM
antonin jablonsky

Still need to add a striker and backup left back to the squad I think.

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:33 PM
redmike

£#%&!ing hell not a doommonger in sight, this just doesnt seem right.

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:54 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Still need to add a striker and backup left back to the squad I think.
I think we could survive without a striker but I am very fearful if evra gets injured. Its O shite behind him!!

But looking at our fixtures till january we have fairly shit teams and a liverpool side who won't attack.

Unread 12-11-2007, 12:54 PM
MUFC One Love

The big thing we can gather from it is we have the squad now. And Bedders was spot on imo, we have the class, pace and aggression now. Last season we played some terrific stuff but I thought after the first 11 we was lacking a bit and we lacked the aggression and character at times. Yesterday Scholes and Rooney were out injured (and Neville if you wanna count him) but we still had Carrick and Nani on the bench, that says it all.

We also seem to have an aggressive dynamic edge about us this season. Anderson and Nani a young lads in a different country but they seem very courageous and take no shit. They give us an edge in terms of our aggression and the team will get even better and we will just be playing total football. It could be argued we play a total football style system now.

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
I think we could survive without a striker .
I don't, Rooney is injury prone and his backup even more so. We really struggled with Tevez alone up front and i don't wanna see this again. A young striker in Jan is a ensible move for me.

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:25 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
You've got your < the wrong way round on Irwin/Evra Borsuk.
Was going to say that. I agree with all the rest of them but Irwin was £#%&!ing brilliant. Criminally underated by a lot of United fans, if not most.

As good as Evra is, he has a long way to go yet before i'd consider him better than Denis.

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:25 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The big thing we can gather from it is we have the squad now. And Bedders was spot on imo, we have the class, pace and aggression now. Last season we played some terrific stuff but I thought after the first 11 we was lacking a bit and we lacked the aggression and character at times. Yesterday Scholes and Rooney were out injured (and Neville if you wanna count him) but we still had Carrick and Nani on the bench, that says it all.

We also seem to have an aggressive dynamic edge about us this season. Anderson and Nani a young lads in a different country but they seem very courageous and take no shit. They give us an edge in terms of our aggression and the team will get even better and we will just be playing total football. It could be argued we play a total football style system now.
Re the aggression. There's a really combative nature to the midfield now. It has a two pronged effect. Firstly you obviously win the ball back more with Harg and Anderson, but when the team can't get the ball they are more likely to panic and give it away when they do because they've seen so little of it.

When we don't have the ball we are snapping away and niggling until we huslte players out of it. When we do have the ball it's hellishly difficult to get it off us and the movement of the players ahead of the ball makes us difficult to handle.

Without getting too carried away, all the elements are in place.

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:31 PM
MUFC One Love

Agreed JC. Also I forgot to say Hargreaves. He is good at winning the ball back and doesn't get bullied at all. We seem to have got a very good balance in midfield with many options.

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Anderson and Ronaldo won't fluff you
Wise guy eh?

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:45 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Wise guy eh?
BTW, I thought you were supposed to be posting less after your recent boss busting?

Don't tell me you wrote 'Wise guy eh?' in word and cut & pasted it here?

Unread 12-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Day off isn't it.
Closed Thread