Unread 31-05-2018, 09:16 AM
thatsfuctit

Default Fat Frank - Derby boss

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44283426

Fair play on giving it a go.

Surely he’ll get Terry involved now he’s left Villa

Unread 31-05-2018, 09:19 AM
Seamus

I think he will do alright, he seems an intelligent guy and had a good pedigree.

Unread 31-05-2018, 09:27 AM
flixton

Never understood the fat Frank label. Always seemed a straight forward guy with an outstanding goal scoring record for a mid field player. Decent pundit too. Glad that he's chosen to do some real football work rather than simply pontificate for a living. As Gary Nev found out it's harder than it looks.

Good luck to him. Always had a soft spot for Derby since the days of Clough and Taylor.

Unread 31-05-2018, 09:32 AM
Bunker Buster

Good luck to him, brave to go into the championship at that level...

A club that finished 6th

I’m afraid he’ll flop though....

Seems a bit of a Sap on the quiet...too London, too big time..

Can see early signs of the derby cloggers whispering behind his back

“It’s three on the bounce now and he keeps coming in wearing those funny England caps”

“Will playing Nintendo Wii reallllky improve or muscle memory”

Unread 31-05-2018, 09:35 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Never understood the fat Frank label. Always seemed a straight forward guy with an outstanding goal scoring record for a mid field player. Decent pundit too. Glad that he's chosen to do some real football work rather than simply pontificate for a living. As Gary Nev found out it's harder than it looks.

Good luck to him. Always had a soft spot for Derby since the days of Clough and Taylor.
He was a bit chunky as a youth i think, but absolutely, he will never be Paul Scholes but he achieved a top career by working his nuts off, if he can instil that sort of ethic into the current day snowflakes he'll do well.

Unread 31-05-2018, 09:38 AM
Lok

People say he's smart but I have to question his sanity.

Why the £#%&! would anyone as wealthy as him want to be a manager? Especially in the championship!

It's a proper 24/7 slog and everything you do is questioned by a load of ungrateful @#%&!s. At the top level it's probably worth it for the kudos but like £#%&! would I take the Derby job if I was him.

I can see why so many ex-players do punditry. It keeps you in the game and it looks fun. Show up, talk some shit about how crap the current generation are and go home to your mansion with your stunning wife. Why the £#%&! would anyone take on more than that?

Mental.

Unread 31-05-2018, 09:47 AM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Never understood the fat Frank label. .
He did carry a bit of extra weight in his young West Ham days.

Can't be bothered to look for a picture though.

Always supposed to be a really decent bloke, but I fairly unreasonably couldn't stand all that mawkish pointing at the sky all the time after his mum died.

It always irritates me when players do that

Unread 31-05-2018, 09:50 AM
AK14

Dont mind Lampard tbh

Think he’ll do alright as a manager.

Unread 31-05-2018, 10:08 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Why the £#%&! would anyone as wealthy as him want to be a manager? Especially in the championship!

It's a proper 24/7 slog and everything you do is questioned by a load of ungrateful @#%&!s. At the top level it's probably worth it for the kudos but like £#%&! would I take the Derby job if I was him.

I can see why so many ex-players do punditry. It keeps you in the game and it looks fun. Show up, talk some shit about how crap the current generation are and go home to your mansion with your stunning wife. Why the £#%&! would anyone take on more than that?

Mental.
Grew up in the game. Played the game. Makes sense that he wants to stay immersed in it.

Unread 31-05-2018, 10:23 AM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Grew up in the game. Played the game. Makes sense that he wants to stay immersed in it.
I get why they would think it sounds like a great idea.

Turn up, pass your experience and knowledge on to a new generation of players who look up to and admire you.

Trouble is, it nearly always turns out that no-one is grateful, and as soon as results start to go badly everyone blames the manager. The owner, the players, the fans.

We've seen heroes like Robson, Bruce, Keane and Neville turn into haggard, haunted figures who are a shadow of their pre-managing days.

Unread 31-05-2018, 10:25 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Mental.
Apparently he misses the day to day more than most ex pros and has been desperate to get back to it. Good luck to him.

Unread 31-05-2018, 10:26 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Apparently he misses the day to day more than most ex pros and has been desperate to get back to it. Good luck to him.
Yeah, can't fault him- never really disliked the bloke tbf.

Unread 31-05-2018, 10:27 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie
I get why they would think it sounds like a great idea.

Turn up, pass your experience and knowledge on to a new generation of players who look up to and admire you.

Trouble is, it nearly always turns out that no-one is grateful, and as soon as results start to go badly everyone blames the manager. The owner, the players, the fans.

We've seen heroes like Robson, Bruce, Keane and Neville turn into haggard, haunted figures who are a shadow of their pre-managing days.
Hughes

Unread 31-05-2018, 10:30 AM
Pop

I'd like to echo the sentiments on here. Best if luck to him, hope he eventually lands the Utd job and wins the World Cup.

Unread 31-05-2018, 10:34 AM
no fun

tory

hope he gets relegated

and dies

Unread 31-05-2018, 10:48 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Good luck to him, brave to go into the championship at that level...

A club that finished 6th

I’m afraid he’ll flop though....

Seems a bit of a Sap on the quiet...too London, too big time..

Can see early signs of the derby cloggers whispering behind his back

“It’s three on the bounce now and he keeps coming in wearing those funny England caps”

“Will playing Nintendo Wii reallllky improve or muscle memory”
ok

Unread 31-05-2018, 10:53 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
ok
Do you want a bet he won’t better 6th?

Unread 31-05-2018, 02:18 PM
Part 36 Offer

All the best to him. Have met him a couple of times through work; really nice man.

Unread 31-05-2018, 02:21 PM
My Name is Heath

Something about the shape of his face/head bothers me.

It's as though it has been squashed/stretched into unnatural positions.

Despite that, any man who can waffle Christine Lampard on a regular basis has to have my utmost respect.

good luck to him.

Look at that gazing look of longing and desire to Frank

Christine is also looking at him in a nice way.

Unread 31-05-2018, 02:27 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Mental.
Really?

They're glorified pe teachers when you think of it. Get in at 9, couple of hours on the training pitch, an hour or two in the gym, then head home at midday. Lower league you're often playing three games in a week or so - most of the time in between games is recovery and travelling rather than training drills.
Closed Thread