United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-05-2018, 06:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
I really don't think things will be any different next season, although we might not finish as runners up or get to the cup final. I'd love to know on what basis others think that things will be any different, so I can join the optimistic guy club.

If you base your game on the percentages and the small margins, this is what it looks like. No one can deny that mou is effective, but it's by no means good to watch and smacks of small-time for a club of utds stature. I imagine few other supporters now relish the utd fixture as the 'big one' as they once nearly all did.

I truly hope I'm wrong, but I've nothing at all to base it on
Oh, believe me they still do. And that is part of the problem - the effort some teams put in against us compared to when they played city did stand out a bit at times

Unread 13-05-2018, 06:33 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

FA cup win against c***e's boys his first step.

Next, Pep's baldie bonce on a plate.

Thoughts?
Not going to happen. Can't see things being much different next season.

Unread 13-05-2018, 06:36 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Sheffield Wednesday at least had the carbones and Di Canios

Coventry had Dion Dublin, huckerby a couple of decent players.

Could you name anyone who plays for Huddersfield? Or Brighton? Any stand out players?
In the games against us, they and many of the other lower teams, have had the stand out player/s on the day.

Unread 13-05-2018, 06:43 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
It didn't. We never played so turgidly under him for a period as long as this. We stink.
We did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Want him gone ASAP. There’s a dark cloud around united and he’s the meteorological £#%&!er behind it. He’s possibly the most miserable @#%&! alive.

Has made watching united arduous - there are few things in life I’d least like to do than watch him and those utter #@&%!s go through the motions.

Couldn’t give a £#%&! who to get in - my mum for all I care and she’s dead.
Bring back van gaal.

Unread 13-05-2018, 06:46 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
bring it on then if that’s how you want to spend your season. 50 quid on us being champions and reaching at least the semis of the CL
Done. I hope you’re right because I spend a lot more money watching this pile of shit than £50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
We did.

Bring back van gaal.
Tbh, not a bad idea.

Unread 13-05-2018, 06:56 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I was talking about end of season "dead rubber" matches - SAF lost his last 3 in 2000/01.
After we'd won the league playing brilliant football.

Quote:
We did.
Fake news.

Unread 13-05-2018, 07:00 PM
saffers

Quote:
Want him gone ASAP. There’s a dark cloud around united and he’s the meteorological £#%&!er behind it. He’s possibly the most miserable @#%&! alive.

Has made watching united arduous - there are few things in life I’d least like to do than watch him and those utter #@&%!s go through the motions.

Couldn’t give a £#%&! who to get in - my mum for all I care and she’s dead.

Unread 13-05-2018, 07:13 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Laughing at my mum’s death pal? Do hope not.

Unread 13-05-2018, 07:17 PM
saffers

Quote:
Laughing at my mum’s death pal? Do hope not.
FFS pal thats made me laugh out loud.

Unread 13-05-2018, 07:27 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Fake news.
Selective memories.

Unread 13-05-2018, 07:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
After we'd won the league playing brilliant football
For the first half of that campaign, granted.

Unread 13-05-2018, 07:32 PM
dragflick

This pretty much sums it up...

Unread 13-05-2018, 07:33 PM
Arnold Muhren

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
But since 2013, we haven't been.
Well this is true also. Naively, seeing as this was apparently the job he'd craved all his career, I was hoping we might get a revitalised Mourinho and we would get performances similar to his first Chelsea and Inter teams, which both played fantastic football. We haven't, by a long £#%&!ing stretch.

Unread 13-05-2018, 07:54 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Mullers

Those good games were all come behind fight backs after plan a hadn't come off. Great as a fan at the game because of the goon etc but not a plan to adopt if you want to compete for the league, the cl or anything else for that matter. There’s no real discernible plan a as far as I can work out apart from stunted disjointed football from a team who often look like they’ve only just started playing together.

I genuinely don’t think changing managers again is the right thing but at the same time I find united under mo hugely depressing.

If we improve significantly next season then fair do’s but it’s really got to step up a lot.

Unread 13-05-2018, 08:27 PM
dragflick

Thumbs up

Quote:
Mullers

Those good games were all come behind fight backs after plan a hadn't come off. Great as a fan at the game because of the goon etc but not a plan to adopt if you want to compete for the league, the cl or anything else for that matter. There’s no real discernible plan a as far as I can work out apart from stunted disjointed football from a team who often look like they’ve only just started playing together.

I genuinely don’t think changing managers again is the right thing but at the same time I find united under mo hugely depressing.

If we improve significantly next season then fair do’s but it’s really got to step up a lot.
Mos’ def’.

Unread 14-05-2018, 01:19 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Mullers

United had been hugely depressing for a couple of decades. PLC. Glazers. What they’ve done to the stadium and support. Fergie glossed over that. Now it’s laid bare.

Unread 14-05-2018, 02:16 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
United had been hugely depressing for a couple of decades.
I was massively depressed about United in '99 tbf.

For the first time in my life, I have little to no interest in watching us. Haven't watched any of the past 3 games and feel like I did myself a favour. Thank Christ there's only one game left.

Unread 14-05-2018, 02:55 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red
Not going to happen. Can't see things being much different next season.
city will do what they always do the season following a title win and get nowhere near retaining it. remember that everyone called their 2012 side, then their 2014 side, the greatest premier league side ever, who were going to dominate for the next decade.

they pissed the league this year, but so did the last two title winning chelsea sides and they then collapsed.

Unread 14-05-2018, 03:48 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Sheffield Wednesday at least had the carbones and Di Canios

Coventry had Dion Dublin, huckerby a couple of decent players.

Could you name anyone who plays for Huddersfield? Or Brighton? Any stand out players?
Dunk, Duffy, Bruno and Bong.

Best (named) defence in the league.

Unread 14-05-2018, 07:44 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
For the first time in my life, I have little to no interest in watching us. Haven't watched any of the past 3 games and feel like I did myself a favour. Thank Christ there's only one game left.

I've not quite reached that stage yet General, but 1 shot on goal in what people are calling a dead rubber or a testimonial is unheard of.

It is torture to watch though. Boring, tedious, dire, wretched regimented, sterile, predictable, negative, soporific, mind-numbing coma-inducing. Can someone get a thesaurus and carry on.
Closed Thread