United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2017, 01:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
If we don't sign any top-end attackers, we will be out of the top 4 again. Pretty sure it will be Mourinho's priority given his comments. And it £#%&!ing should be given how many chance we miss
Remember us struggling for goals with Rooney and Ronaldo learning. Fergie resisted the big money signings and let them develop.

I would get another forward in though.

Unread 22-04-2017, 01:42 PM
puressence

1 Degea 2 Valencia / sidibe
3 bailly. 4 mbodji. 5 mendy.
6 pogba. 7 bakayoko 8 miki
9 rashford 10 lukuaku 11 mbappe

Unread 22-04-2017, 01:46 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Remember us struggling for goals with Rooney and Ronaldo learning. Fergie resisted the big money signings and let them develop.

I would get another forward in though.
When we had some absolute dud up front called van Nistelrooy?

Rashford and Martial have 17 goals between them in 77 games this season. I'm all for giving young players a chance, but not at the absolute detriment of the side. They should be be supplementing top level players, not be the only hope. Rashford will get plenty of games regardless. Martial has a lot to improve upon.

Unread 22-04-2017, 01:51 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
1 Degea 2 Valencia / sidibe
3 bailly. 4 mbodji. 5 mendy.
6 pogba. 7 bakayoko 8 miki
9 rashford 10 lukuaku 11 mbappe
That's actually a quality side despite the bizarre formatting.

Unread 22-04-2017, 01:53 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
What's your team big man?

Absolutely. We need at least two more top level forwards who can walk straight into the first team. Griezmann and Mbappe would be ideal.

Mbappe is frighteningly talented. I'd be happy if he was our only signing!
Trying to be realistic and pick a Mou style team. No clue for the second CB.

Dave
Valencia
Bailly
-
Shaw/Mendy
Fabinho
Herrera/Tollisso
Pogba
Miki
Rashford
Lukaku

Unrealistic, I would bring Rafa back, throw stupid money at Dembele and Mbappe, back Martial, stay away from a donkey like Lukaku, and still have no clue about the second CB.

Mbappe is like Rooney, not in style but in how mature his game is at that age, just makes the right decision, combined with his talent level, hottest prospect in the game.

Unread 22-04-2017, 02:04 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

Dave
Valencia
Bailly
-
Shaw/Mendy
Fabinho
Herrera/Tollisso
Pogba
Miki
Rashford
Lukaku

Unrealistic, I would bring Rafa back, throw stupid money at Dembele and Mbappe, back Martial, stay away from a donkey like Lukaku, and still have no clue about the second CB.

Mbappe is like Rooney, not in style but in how mature his game is at that age, just makes the right decision, combined with his talent level, hottest prospect in the game.
Agree with all that apart from that bringing rafael back aspect

Really don't want Lukaku. Think he's a good player but just want Mbappe. Can see him joining Madrid though.

Also agree re the centre back. I just went with Varane as he's a class act and Mourinho loves him but can just as easily see us ending up with Pepe on a free and throwing money at other areas. That wouldn't be the end of the world tbh. We desperately need one or two central midfield players and no less than 2 more top line forwards.

Unread 22-04-2017, 02:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
When we had some absolute dud up front called van Nistelrooy?

Rashford and Martial have 17 goals between them in 77 games this season. I'm all for giving young players a chance, but not at the absolute detriment of the side. They should be be supplementing top level players, not be the only hope. Rashford will get plenty of games regardless. Martial has a lot to improve upon.
When Ruud left we didn't buy a replacement though. Saha was doing well but was always a fitness risk. It was mainly about letting Rooney and Ronaldo flourish. Bet lots of people at the time wanted more attacking reinforcements.

Rashford has had most of the season on the wing. Now we will get an idea of where he's at in his development. We should learn a lot across these last ten games.

Like I say I would add another forward. Plus Jose said Chicharito would have 20 goals from the bench this season so it shouldn't be hard to get someone who can offer that support.

Quote:

Dave
Valencia
Bailly
-
Shaw/Mendy
Fabinho
Herrera/Tollisso
Pogba
Miki
Rashford
Lukaku

Donkey comment aside, I'm still stunned at the Lukaku inclusion.

He is a Mou type striker though.

Unread 22-04-2017, 02:11 PM
dunk

Talking

DdG
Valencia / Semedo
Shaw / Mendy
Bailly / TFM / Tuanzebe
Lindhof / Rojo
Fabinho / TFM
Herrera / Tielemans
Pogba / Mkhitaryan
Martial / Dembele (Dortmund)
Mbappe / Lingard
Rashford / Dembele (Celtic)

Just the 8 signings then. would mean selling about 8 players too..

I'd also move heaven and Earth for Dybala, not that fussed about Griezmann or Lukaku..

Unread 22-04-2017, 02:14 PM
puressence

I'd like to think Utd are watching mbodji the best player on the pitch in the210 mins v Utd for anderlecht

Unread 22-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Buck

De Gea

Valencia
Alderweireld
Bailly
Shaw

Thiago
Herrera
Pogba

Mkhi
Rashford
Martial

Unread 22-04-2017, 02:42 PM
TheFatGoth

De Gea

Valencia
Bailly
Alderweireld
Shaw

Herrera
Pogba
Alli

Griezmann
Kane
Rashford

Manager: AVB

Unread 22-04-2017, 02:42 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
De Gea

Valencia
Bailly
Alderweireld
Shaw

Herrera
Pogba
Alli

Griezmann
Kane
Rashford

Manager: AVB
I think the joke has run its course mate.

Unread 22-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Agree with all that apart from that bringing rafael back aspect
Imagine Bailly and Rafa as the right side of the back 4, the glorious chaos

Quote:
Donkey comment aside, I'm still stunned at the Lukaku inclusion.

He is a Mou type striker though.
Yes, not a fan but I can see it happening. Mou has always liked a targetman striker, even brought Adebayor to Madrid to provide that option. Would much rather have Kane if Utd go that route.

Unread 22-04-2017, 02:56 PM
Zorg

Winter

Portman
Johanssen
Riley
Adams

Knightley
Kunis

Upton
Beckinsale
Kerr
Belluci

Unread 22-04-2017, 02:59 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Imagine Bailly and Rafa as the right side of the back 4, the glorious chaos

Yes, not a fan but I can see it happening. Mou has always liked a targetman striker, even brought Adebayor to Madrid to provide that option. Would much rather have Kane if Utd go that route.
Agreed. That's what i hate about his management style. United have never played with a targetman before. It's £#%&!ing shite.

But yes would love Kane at United. Would quite happily go with Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Mbappe and Kane! That would be an unbelievable front 4.

Can imagine a fluid front 4 is a pipe dream with Mourinho. He loves 3 in midfield.

Unread 22-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Coracao

Unread 22-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Five Frenchman

Dunno if Dembele is ready. Looks to have a way to go yet.
Yeah just want pace and trickery up front. I'd love Bernardo Silva too. have done since seeing him in the Euro u21s a few years back. Thoughts on him?

Unread 22-04-2017, 03:12 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Winter

Portman
Johanssen
Riley
Adams

Knightley
Kunis

Upton
Beckinsale
Kerr
Belluci
Scarlet at centre back

New 2 football pal?

She's a no.10

Unread 22-04-2017, 03:15 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Yeah just want pace and trickery up front. I'd love Bernardo Silva too. have done since seeing him in the Euro u21s a few years back. Thoughts on him?
Reminds me of Messi

Unread 22-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
christ. Looks slow, fairly static and misses a lot of chances. Right up Mourinho's shitty little street then.
Closed Thread