United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-11-2015, 05:53 AM
Part 36 Offer

Cool Ruud van Nistelrooy

What a player. One of my favourite United players by some distance.

Ruuuuuuuuuud.

Unread 13-11-2015, 07:43 AM
guerreiro

I was hoping he'd blacked up for Christmas again

Unread 13-11-2015, 08:31 AM
waynes ear's

What a player

Unread 13-11-2015, 08:37 AM
puressence

Greatest utd forward ive seen ...

Unread 13-11-2015, 08:40 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

No you're all wrong. He was shit and made us boring to watch, 4-5-1 and all that jazzzzzzzz. Stunted Ronaldo's growth as well.

Unread 13-11-2015, 08:41 AM
wiganste

5 seasons, 2 of those injury hit 150 goals. Would have pissed big bobbys record if he was here for 10 years.

Unread 13-11-2015, 10:09 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
5 seasons, 2 of those injury hit 150 goals. Would have pissed big bobbys record if he was here for 10 years.
This. Proper £#%&!ing striker loved him.

Unread 13-11-2015, 10:11 AM
Neo

Thumbs up

Adored him.

Best centre-forward I've seen in the shirt, by a distance.

Seeing him go one-on-one with the 'keeper, and just knowing the outcome. Every time.

Unread 13-11-2015, 10:15 AM
andyroo

Hopefully that £#%&!ing gargoyle Vardy doesn't score next week and then the week after the United fans sing "Ruud van Nistelrooy tralalalala" at him for 90 minutes

Unread 13-11-2015, 10:39 AM
TheFatGoth

Love him.

Proper United player.

Unread 13-11-2015, 11:24 AM
elephantstone

him and Ronaldo hated each other. It was one or the other for Fergie in my opinion

Unread 13-11-2015, 11:30 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Hopefully that £#%&!ing gargoyle Vardy doesn't score next week and then the week after the United fans sing "Ruud van Nistelrooy tralalalala" at him for 90 minutes

Yeah, Vardy (ffs) can't be allowed to break his record. What a player Ruud was for us, monster of a forward. Shame how it ended with us tbh.

Unread 13-11-2015, 11:45 AM
barca99

Legend, one of my favourite ever players.

'All he does is score tap ins'

Unread 13-11-2015, 11:55 AM
King Eric

I took my lad to see him score a hat trick against Fulham for his birthday, the first was where he accidentally elbowed the Fulham player busting his nose on half way, then proceeded to do a mazey run into the box and jink sideways and slotted the ball into the net. We were just behind the goal and it's a memory my lad and me will have forever, we still talk about it now. He was a fantastic striker.

Unread 13-11-2015, 11:56 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
him and Ronaldo hated each other. It was one or the other for Fergie in my opinion
Fair to say he made the right call there but we all thought he was nuts.

"Go and talk to your dad" ffs Cruel but funny.

Unread 13-11-2015, 12:03 PM
elephantstone

I was in the tunnel after the game in the derby match when Ruud went for Ronaldo. Wes Brown said he attacked Ruud and Rooney got so wound up he kicked the toilet door of its hinges.

Apparently Ronaldo cried like a baby. s2c

Unread 13-11-2015, 12:05 PM
andyroo

Was that the one when Robbie Fowler acted the @#%&!? Dark day that was.

We were a £#%&!ing mess that year tbh

Unread 13-11-2015, 12:08 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Was that the one when Robbie Fowler acted the @#%&!? Dark day that was.

We were a £#%&!ing mess that year tbh
yeah, I was in the players lounge afterwards and said there were lads outside waiting for him. It was strange to be behind enemy lines that day.

Unread 13-11-2015, 12:08 PM
wee man

Brilliant goalscorer. But is it just a coincidence that some of these goalscorers appear to cost the team.
Gary Lineker - joined Everton when they were champions and Cup Winners Cup holders - scores a bagful and Everton win nothing - leaves for Barca and Everton champions again the following season.
Ian Wright - Arsenal champions when he joins - breaks their goalscoring record in the 6 or 7 seasons he was there but never really competed for the title - and they become champions again when he is replaced by Anelka.
Ruud joins Utd who had been champions for 3 successive seasons - he scores a bagful in his 5 seasons and wins one league - leaves and they are champions 3 seasons in a row.
Even going back to Jimmy Greaves - joins the double winners and Spurs never really competed for the title again whilst he filled his boots.

Unread 13-11-2015, 12:10 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Brilliant goalscorer. But is it just a coincidence that some of these goalscorers appear to cost the team.
Gary Lineker - joined Everton when they were champions and Cup Winners Cup holders - scores a bagful and Everton win nothing - leaves for Barca and Everton champions again the following season.
Ian Wright - Arsenal champions when he joins - breaks their goalscoring record in the 6 or 7 seasons he was there but never really competed for the title - and they become champions again when he is replaced by Anelka.
Ruud joins Utd who had been champions for 3 successive seasons - he scores a bagful in his 5 seasons and wins one league - leaves and they are champions 3 seasons in a row.
Even going back to Jimmy Greaves - joins the double winners and Spurs never really competed for the title again whilst he filled his boots.
interesting facts weeman.

I always thought Wright won more titles
Closed Thread