United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
But we fudged over a few million for Ozil? And let one of our rivals buy him and transform their team? How odd.
yep. that's what world class players do. absolute disaster he has gone there. i suppose we should just be happy he didn't go to city.

£#%&!ing @#%&!s at united.

Ozil has turned Arsenal into a decent side again over night. Moyes was probably dithering over how to use him the £#%&!ing jock @#%&!.

United are a £#%&!ing joke. Just one disappointment after another.

Unread 24-09-2013, 01:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
But we fudged over a few million for Ozil? And let one of our rivals buy him and transform their team? How odd.
We just didn't want Ozil. We turned down the opportunity to buy him twice. Not interested.

Turned him down at less than Arsenal paid as well allegedly..

Unread 24-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We just didn't want Ozil. We turned down the opportunity to buy him twice. Not interested.

Turned him down at less than Arsenal paid as well allegedly..
:shakehead:

i don't think that's true. we just didn't want to pay the going rate for a world class player. plus he turned us down the first time didn't he and went to madrid?

£#%&!ing ferguson and moyes. what a pair of £#%&!ing #@&%!s. i'm going to be all over this £#%&!ing @#%&! if he doesn't shape up fast. Another jock £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 24-09-2013, 01:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

i don't think that's true. we just didn't want to pay the going rate for a world class player. plus he turned us down the first time didn't he and went to madrid?

£#%&!ing ferguson and moyes. what a pair of £#%&!ing #@&%!s. i'm going to be all over this £#%&!ing @#%&! if he doesn't shape up fast. Another jock £#%&!ing @#%&!.
Seems to have been reported in most places as the case. We were offered him for about £32-35m 2 weeks before he joined Arsenal, we just said we weren't interested, then all concerned were desperately trying to get United interested on the day Arsenal signed him, not interested.

The only place I've heard money was the reason is on here tbh. Moyes just doesn't like footballers by the looks of it.

Unread 24-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Twenty_thanks_SAF

Quote:
Seems to have been reported in most places as the case. We were offered him for about £32-35m 2 weeks before he joined Arsenal, we just said we weren't interested, then all concerned were desperately trying to get United interested on the day Arsenal signed him, not interested.

The only place I've heard money was the reason is on here tbh. Moyes just doesn't like footballers by the looks of it.
Not true! Moyes hates the Turks due to having a knife pulled on him by a group of young Turks at a Schnell Imbiss in Klefeld, Hanover

Unread 24-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Neutral

Quote:

absolute twaddle, just like the article in the OP.

Unread 24-09-2013, 02:13 PM
dunk

Was being reported at the time tbh. But whatever.

Unread 24-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:

Yep, we were definitely interested back in 2010, Fergie didn't even bother denying it.

There's definitely a sense that while United want a 'superstar' signing for the new manager, they want to do it on the cheap.

United talk about being the biggest club in the world, Real Madrid go out and prove it.

Unread 24-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
United talk about being the biggest club in the world, Real Madrid go out and prove it.
Want to but I can't disagree.

Unread 24-09-2013, 02:38 PM
jem

glazers could have offered £125mio.

£60mio for bale, £10mio for levy, £55mio for a house in florida that's worth £5mio.

Unread 24-09-2013, 02:46 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Yep, we were definitely interested back in 2010, Fergie didn't even bother denying it.

There's definitely a sense that while United want a 'superstar' signing for the new manager, they want to do it on the cheap.

as shown by their year on year successes in Europe... or not.

Disagreeing with how we do shit now doesn't mean I want us to be like Real Madrid. Although they probably would've sacked Moyes already by now like they did Sweaty Man Camacho.

Unread 24-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
glazers could have offered £125mio.

£60mio for bale, £10mio for levy, £55mio for a house in florida that's worth £5mio.
nice post

got me thinking, if they offered you £55m for your house would you take their money jem?

Unread 24-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
as shown by their year on year successes in Europe... or not.

Disagreeing with how we do shit now doesn't mean I want us to be like Real Madrid. Although they probably would've sacked Moyes already by now like they did Sweaty Man Camacho.
Three semi-finals in a row. What have had, an embarrassing group stage exit in 2012, and a slightly unfortunate exit to them last season.

This season we've got no hope in Europe.

Unread 24-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Three semi-finals in a row. What have had, an embarrassing group stage exit in 2012, and a slightly unfortunate exit to them last season.

Can see us getting humiliated by anyone decent. What a disgrace.

Unread 24-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

it's not fair on real to compare their european record with us over the last decade tbh.

compare them with dortmund or someone like that.

Unread 24-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Twenty_thanks_SAF

Quote:

That's the spirit

Unread 24-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Can see us getting humiliated by anyone decent. What a disgrace.
Tbf it's not all Moyes fault, Fergie left the midfield in a state. But Moyes messed up big-time in the transfer window, and his basic tactics will see him exposed in the short-term.

Even with all their sales, it wouldn't be a shock of Shakhtar turn us over next week.

Unread 24-09-2013, 02:55 PM
andyroo

Quote:

True, but the previous six seasons in a row we went further than they did.

I agree we've underperformed in Europe, but so have they, el decimo must be driving them bonkers. But you know, I care more about what we do. I just want us to be as good as we can, not worry about how our PR looks compared to Real Madrid's.

Unread 24-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty_thanks_SAF
That's the spirit
True though, unless we do a Liverpool.

There's a place for big signings, as Real proved when they won 3 Champions Leagues between 98 and 02. The funny thing is United seem happy to overpay for mediocre players.

Unread 24-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Tbf it's not all Moyes fault, Fergie left the midfield in a state. But Moyes messed up big-time in the transfer window, and his basic tactics will see him exposed in the short-term.

Even with all their sales, it wouldn't be a shock of Shakhtar turn us over next week.
Don't get me wrong mate, ferguson's disgraceful negligence in respect of the midfield makes my blood boil more than anything.

Moyes was his £#%&!ing choice. The lack of investment in the midfield again ferie's choice. Plus like you say moyes was pitiful all summer.

Both @#%&!s got a lot to answer for
Closed Thread