United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-11-2007, 09:24 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Eh? Because you need 4 defenders to play in a defence and arguably 8 defenders in a squad. Chuck in the number of unfortunate injuries Wes has had and I'd hazard a guess that's why.
why don't you use that phrase when talking about owen, saha or woodgate!!

rio, vidic, evra, pique, neville, simpson, o shea -- 7 defenders.

add evans and one of the defenders we are being linked with ( veloso, garay ) --- 7 +2 = 9

9 defenders!!! are we going to a war or what? And then brown!!

Unread 14-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Whalefish

Linked means £#%&! all unless they sign.

Owen's injuries now are due to burn out IMO (doofs cap to Liverpool), Woodgate's always been a crock as has Saha. How many players currently in the PL have had to sit out seasons due to two cruciate ligament injuries?

I'd take Brown over O'Shea any day of the week. At the moment I'd take him over Simpson too. Neville's not even fit to start and may not even return the same player so that's why Brown's here.

Unread 14-11-2007, 09:35 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
why don't you use that phrase when talking about owen, saha or woodgate!!

rio, vidic, evra, pique, neville, simpson, o shea -- 7 defenders.

add evans and one of the defenders we are being linked with ( veloso, garay ) --- 7 +2 = 9

9 defenders!!! are we going to a war or what? And then brown!!
Erm, Wes is ahead of O' Shea and Simpson in that list, G Nev hasn't played for months and we haven't signed either of the defenders you mention, so I don't really get your point. Well I do, the subtext is you'e been saying Wes is average for so long you can't bring yourself to change so you are sticking to your story, no matter how he plays. True? I think so.

Unread 14-11-2007, 09:54 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Linked means £#%&! all unless they sign.

I'd take Brown over O'Shea any day of the week. At the moment I'd take him over Simpson too. Neville's not even fit to start and may not even return the same player so that's why Brown's here.
who wouldn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Erm, Wes is ahead of O' Shea and Simpson in that list and we haven't signed either of the defenders you mention, so I don't really get your point. Well I do, the subtext is you'e been saying Wes is average for so long you can't bring yourself to change so you are sticking to your story, no matter how he plays. True? I think so.
possibly. Thats my opinion anyways.

I am bored about discussing brown topic anyways. we will leave it at that.

Unread 14-11-2007, 09:57 AM
puressence

shareth ..£#%&! off will ya mate

Unread 14-11-2007, 10:17 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
shareth ..£#%&! off will ya mate
naaaa

Unread 14-11-2007, 10:57 AM
dunk

Just a point about the 'defenders' we have been linked with, althuogh he can play in defence, Veloso is primarily a midfielder, a player in the Rafael Marquez mould.
Closed Thread