United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 16-11-2023, 10:04 PM
dragflick

Default Galatasaray away

Who’s going? Booked flights today after getting FOMO. Out Tuesday morning, back Thursday. Must be a few off here who have been before..

Unread 16-11-2023, 10:13 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Who’s going? Booked flights today after getting FOMO. Out Tuesday morning, back Thursday. Must be a few off here who have been before..
Did a week in Istanbul when we played Bursa, planned go to Galatasaray v Fenerbahce the weekend prior but flight was massively delayed so missed it and went to Besiktas the following day instead. Towards the end of the Bursa game some reds started swapping scarves with the Turks to stave off getting murdered outside, would strongly suggest you do the same

Unread 16-11-2023, 10:14 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Did a week in Istanbul when we played Bursa, planned go to Galatasaray v Fenerbahce the weekend prior but flight was massively delayed so missed it and went to Besiktas the following day instead. Towards the end of the Bursa game some reds started swapping scarves with the Turks to stave off getting murdered outside, would strongly suggest you do the same
Excellent, thanks.

Unread 17-11-2023, 12:09 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Don't listen to him Draggers pal, you keep hold of your United scarf.

Unread 17-11-2023, 12:35 AM
wiganste

Fly to Geneva on the Monday then Istanbul on Tuesday
Back via the same route on Thursday

Unread 17-11-2023, 08:49 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Fly to Geneva on the Monday then Istanbul on Tuesday
Back via the same route on Thursday
Nice. We're via Dalaman on the way there and then direct back Thursday morning. Guessing you're there fairly early Tuesday then? We don't land until about 5 in the afternoon.

Unread 17-11-2023, 08:52 AM
ryanMUFC

Was planning on going but sacked it off after two fairly expensive trips to Munich and Copenhagen.

Went Fenebahce a few years back. Thought it was pretty shit as far as Euro aways go. Not great for bars.. not bad if you want to go and see some mosques, etc.

Unread 17-11-2023, 09:48 AM
wiganste

Istanbul is fantastic. However, Fenerbache is proper out of the way and on the Asian side. I still enjoyed that one tbf

Quote:
Nice. We're via Dalaman on the way there and then direct back Thursday morning. Guessing you're there fairly early Tuesday then? We don't land until about 5 in the afternoon.
I think we land around 5pm on the Tuesday too - SAW airport

Unread 17-11-2023, 10:19 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Istanbul is fantastic. However, Fenerbache is proper out of the way and on the Asian side. I still enjoyed that one tbf

I think we land around 5pm on the Tuesday too - SAW airport
5:35 we are, just checked, so a bit behind you. I fly in to SAW, but then back out from IST which is the other side, but similar distance.

Unread 17-11-2023, 10:32 AM
armchair

It's an amazing city. I've done the one leg in europe, one in asia thing when I was a kid.

I've always hated excursions/tours but it's one of the few places where I'd actually enjoy having a day sightseeing. There is so much historical stuff . Hagia Sophia and Topkapı Palace are close to each other.

They are used to tourists but if they get you are a football fan I'd suggest throwing out a "Free Palestine" or a "From the river to the sea..."

Unread 17-11-2023, 10:45 AM
shenwen

Just booked...for the summer. Istanbul a great connecting airport for us, but this this time decided to stay a few nights on the outward leg. Will be the fifth time I've been. Great city.

Unread 17-11-2023, 10:50 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
They are used to tourists but if they get you are a football fan I'd suggest throwing out a "Free Palestine" or a "From the river to the sea..."
Taksim liberties

Unread 22-11-2023, 03:29 PM
wiganste

Print at home tickets which they're emailing on Monday
Don't worry about folk who will already be travelling ffs

Also, free buses to and from the stadium - leaving at 4pm from a designated area - gets you to the ground about 3 hours before kick off. Where they'll be serving no alcohol.

Quote:

Also, free buses to and from the stadium - leaving at 4pm from a designated area - gets you to the ground about 3 hours before kick off. Where they'll be serving no alcohol.
Edit - downloadable tickets to the phone

Unread 22-11-2023, 03:52 PM
est.1878

Quote:

Also, free buses to and from the stadium - l

Unread 22-11-2023, 04:28 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Edit - downloadable tickets to the phone
Yeah £#%&! getting to the ground early.

Where’s your hotel btw? See they’ve recommend fans avoid Taksim square. I’ll give you one guess where ours is

Unread 22-11-2023, 04:32 PM
est.1878

Quote:

Where’s your hotel btw? See they’ve recommend fans avoid Taksim square. I’ll give you one guess where ours is
Shemagh scarf off amazon for a 10er and you will be able to avoid detection

have used this with 100pc success across the globe.

if fails, will also soak up claret.

Unread 23-11-2023, 10:39 AM
wiganste

Quote:

We're about a 5 min walk away from where the buses are picking up from.

We've hired a minibus to take us just before kick off. £#%&! getting there 3 hours early

Unread 23-11-2023, 10:55 PM
avocado

Quote:
We're about a 5 min walk away from where the buses are picking up from.

We've hired a minibus to take us just before kick off. £#%&! getting there 3 hours early
Minibus owner not a Galatasary fan is he?

Unread 24-11-2023, 02:15 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Good luck with that.

Unread 24-11-2023, 10:34 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Good luck with that.
Well, less than 3 hours before kick off - probs 45 mins or so