mikey_red

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
35 eh? Old @#%&!.
well as the surrenderers would say:-

Quand tu l’as tu l’as

Unread 29-11-2008, 03:09 PM
MJ Ramone

It's funny, cause in the 25 years or so I've been watching United I've always warmed to the Whiteside, Scholesy, Rooney's of this World.
...but I think all things being equal Giggsy is my favourite all time United player.
He's the best dribbler I've ever seen. He glides with the ball...no fancy tricks or posturing, just elegance & intent.

One of the most amazing sights last season was his Penalty in Moscow.
I can't ever remember him taking one before (although Im sure he will have done in shoot-outs gone by) ...but I never thought he'd miss.
The way he sent Cech the wrong way was sublime..

I'll have to ask Father Christmas for that new Giggsy dvd while we're on the subject

What he did for us in the last 10 days of last season was almost laughably far fetched!....but it couldn't have happened to a greater player & a more decent Lad.

Legend

Unread 29-11-2008, 03:11 PM
legendary saf

Happy birthday to a United legend, may he celebrate his birthday tomorrow night after a derby triumph, he certainly knows a thing or two about winning those games.

Unread 29-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Mark Corrigan

Thought this thread was gonna be about this guy

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/member.php?u=143

Unread 29-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Sparky***

The man is a beacon of professionalism, loyalty and exemplary behaviour.

I know this is now clichéd but his goal against Arsenal was on a par with winning the penalty shootout in moscow for me, in terms of sheer joy.

Ryan Giggs has given me some of the happiest moments of my life.

Unread 29-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Sloppy

Legend.

Unread 29-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Dueling Banjos

Unread 29-11-2008, 05:51 PM
dunk

Happy Birthday to a man who always seems to have been in and around the United squad for my entire football following life. A true Genius and the type of player we will be very, very lucky to see again at OT.

On the day he finally retires, there will be a grown man shedding a tear or two here.

Unread 29-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Firswood Red

Unread 29-11-2008, 06:19 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
What A £#%&!ing Player.

Unread 29-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Tiberian

Giggs is still the most breathtaking player I have seen playing for Utd in my lifetime. He is one of the most unique players to have played the game. To have the control of the ball at pace that he had, allied to that his balance and natural body swerve made him just incredible to watch.

Ronaldo is a better player, his end product, physical power, 2 footedness, and ambition have elevated him to a level that Giggs never consistently went to, but he lacks the beauty and artistry that Giggs had.

My abiding memory of Giggs wil always be Old Trafford on a European night, when our other stars(especially early on in our CL history) would freeze, he would be our major threat, terrifying teams, especially Juve.

Unread 29-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Sam the Sanitary Man

Quote:
That is utterly wonderful. Nearly brought a tear to my eye. I love Ryan Giggs

Unread 01-12-2008, 02:00 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

The goals against Spurs and QPR were breathtaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Sanitary Man
That is utterly wonderful. Nearly brought a tear to my eye. I love Ryan Giggs

Same here

I've said it time and again, Giggs is the only player Ferguson will never be able to replace.

Unread 01-12-2008, 02:48 AM
The Watcher

Default Great thread...

...for a Great Man.

I've articulated my love for Ryan countless times on Fred and RI, but am happy to do so again.

Everyone has their United side, usually the one's you fell in love with as a kid, when footballers were still heroes to you. Ryan Giggs is the last connection on the pitch with my United side, from 93 - 95. When he does finally retire, a little bit of what is so special to me about United will go with him.

I love Ryan Giggs in a way that I never could any of the current lot. It's not their fault of course. But I've grown up with Giggs. The young lad, the "new George Best" with long hair and spectacular dribbling abilities. As I got older and players came and went. Giggsy was still there, his all round game improving. When his pace went, he reinvented himself (as all the greats do) into a midfielder. Even today, at 35, he's still vital to the squad and club.

His achievements are all the more impressive when compared to his contemporaries - when the likes of Sharp, Kanchelskis, Overmars etc lost their pace they were finished. Ryan Giggs, on the other hand, can still command a place in the starting XI of the European Champions

No Manchester United player has brought me as much joy over the years as Giggs. Not just the goals and performances (I'd be here all day), but the manner in which he's conducted himself and the dedication he's shown to the Club. We're all so lucky and privileged to have seen him play - in 50 years time, he'll be spoken about in the same breadth as the likes of Best, Law & Charlton are now. Not mearly legends, but almost mythical figures in the history of Manchester United.

My abiding memory will always be of him in his pomp in the late 90s, on a cold Wednesday night against Juventus at Old Trafford. There was something about that Champions League music and playing against the toughest defense in Europe that brought the best out of Giggs. Magic.

His lack of recognition in the wider footballing world is a disgrace (how he didn't win Premier League player of the Decade I'll never know...), but I'll never bore of telling anyone just how £#%&!ing good he was. In the 90s he could have gone to Inter, Barca on any of the great European sides and quadrupled his wages. But he stayed with us. And thank £#%&! for that! On form, even today, he remains one of the finest sights in world football. You just cannot teach the grace, guile and sheer skill with which he plays the game. At times, he's elevated the sport into art.

Some say he never fulfilled his potential. I believe the medals and his longevity prove otherwise. Simply the greatest player our youth system ever produced the likes of which we'll probably never see again.

Giggs will tear you apart again...

Unread 01-12-2008, 03:12 AM
class of 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

One of the most amazing sights last season was his Penalty in Moscow.
I can't ever remember him taking one before (although Im sure he will have done in shoot-outs gone by) ...but I never thought he'd miss.
The way he sent Cech the wrong way was sublime..

Legend

deserves the tag Legend NQAT

he did miss a penalty vs Southampton in a penalty shoot out think it was the worthless cup or whatever it was called back then '92ish, or it may have been FACup but think it was the worthless cup, but defo vs So'ton.
Think he came on as sub as well, can any stato's on here confirm

Unread 01-12-2008, 03:13 AM
The Watcher

"He is one of the best players I saw in my life.

"He is one of the few players who have a right to a place in the history of the game.

"When you play at a level where you stay in the memories of football fans, you are talking about the best players in the world.

"You cannot be a special person in the world if you are a copy of something. You really become a star when, with your football, your art, your style, you create your own identity.

"So the best tribute we can pay to Ryan Giggs is not that he compares to Best or anyone. It is to say that he won the right to be Ryan Giggs
."

Carlos Queiroz
Closed Thread