United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-11-2008, 04:19 AM
keano's love

Default United to sign Tosic!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...c-1033839.html

Already applying for work permit! really out of the blue. I think this will dent nani's chances.

Unread 25-11-2008, 08:29 AM
rebelcountyred

another winger? if anyone is in trouble it's nani, not settled at united at all.

Unread 25-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Whalefish

Heard the name, never seen him play though. Looking at the YouTube footage he appears to have a very good left foot. Christ knows how many end up in the stand but can't knock the lad's confidence to have a dip from range.

There were reports at the weekend that we're also signing the young Serb who came on trial. That'll annoy Madrid, since they wanted him as well.

Re Nani, isn't he two footed - can play on the right and the left? If Ronaldo moves next Summer he'll get enough games. Need a sharp improvement in his performances but consitency may breed that.

Unread 25-11-2008, 09:14 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...c-1033839.html

Already applying for work permit! really out of the blue. I think this will dent nani's chances.
When I hover over this link it says

tevez-fear-as-united-close-on-1638m-tosic

I thought we were meant to be in debt!!!

Unread 25-11-2008, 09:28 AM
dunk

I wouldn't have thought it means worries for anyone, immediately. We have lost Giggs as an option on the wing and he needs replacing, simple as.

Unread 25-11-2008, 09:29 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanrobson'sliver
when i hover over this link it says

tevez-fear-as-united-close-on-1638m-tosic

i thought we were meant to be in debt!!!

Unread 25-11-2008, 09:32 AM
thatsfuctit

Unread 25-11-2008, 09:46 AM
LaPaz

This was on the BBC Gossip site on Saturday

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/7743322.stm

Unread 25-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I wouldn't have thought it means worries for anyone, immediately. We have lost Giggs as an option on the wing and he needs replacing, simple as.
Yep. Fergie pretty much admitted we were looking for a left winger last Summer when he said we still hadn't replaced Giggs who could no longer play out wide.

La Paz - yep, that's correct. Also mentioned was the young Serb who came on trial and we're reportedly signing him too. The lad scored a £#%&!ing belter for Partizan at the weekend.

Unread 25-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Albert Tatlock

Tosic to replace Giggs

Nani to replace Ronaldo in his winger role

Ronaldo , Rooney,Berbie rotating as the main strikers, assuming Ronaldo stays

Tevez, Maucho, Wellbeck, Campbell (on loan), one of them to be the 4th striker. Depending if Ronaldo leaves, then 2 or 3 of these will leave the club permanently.

Unread 25-11-2008, 09:51 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

4 Wingers..

Ronaldo, Park, Tosic and Nani

What's the problem? He's only replacing Giggs for a wide position, the problem i see with Nani is he's not making that spot his own and his peformances are very good one week and poor the next.

The spot is there if he wants it, nothing is going to be handed to him he has to work for it.

Unread 25-11-2008, 09:57 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
4 Wingers..

Ronaldo, Park, Tosic and Nani

What's the problem? He's only replacing Giggs for a wide position, the problem i see with Nani is he's not making that spot his own and his peformances are very good one week and poor the next.

The spot is there if he wants it, nothing is going to be handed to him he has to work for it.
nani plays well one week and then plays 'poorly' the next fortnight when he gets another game.

Unread 25-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Is this happening or is it more gossip bullshit.

Unread 25-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Is this happening or is it more gossip bullshit.
Dunno, need a left footer in tbh so I shall keep two fingers crossed. It'll be very old fashioned for us to sign one who doesn't prefer the other foot. Perhaps he'll go past/outside the full back as opposed to cutting inside and unleashing a daisy cutter into the advertisement boards or nearly killing someone in the crowd.

Unread 25-11-2008, 10:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

This appears to have nowt to do with Tevez. I hope we sign him, though I know nothing aat all about him.

Anyway, as Whalers says the Mirror suggest it's him and the "new Kaka" we're after signing :-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...5875-20922948/

Manchester United close to sealing £9m deal for Serb stars Zoran Tosic and Adam Ljajic By Mirror Sport 25/11/2008

Manchester United hope to take a step closer to signing Partizan Belgrade midfielder Zoran Tosic this week by securing him a work permit.

A hearing to decide Tosic should be a work permit is for Friday. If, as the application is successful, United will proceed with their £9m plans to sign him and team-mate Adam Ljajic.

Partizan officials have already signed an agreement with United for the transfer of both players.

Tosic has been capped 12 times by Serbia and Ljajic, 17 - dubbed "the new Kaka" - has been to Old Trafford for talks and a trial.

Unread 25-11-2008, 12:48 PM
borsuk

tocsy and ljajers are £#%&!ing class, £#%&!ing amazing. i'm telling you, they're going to be fantastic, yhihf. £#%&! rooney, tevez, ronaldo and berbatov off because they're not going to want to sit on the bench

anyone seen them play yet?

Unread 25-11-2008, 12:51 PM
BarryX

Default Our new left winger seems a bit chubby and feminine if you ask me.

Unread 25-11-2008, 12:52 PM
The Return of JC

Why shouldn't we sign another winger. I think it's an area we need sorting. Threre's only really Nani. Giggs can't do it anymore. Park operates from the right, but is hardly a winger in the traditional sense. And Ronaldo is better when given license to roam.

Sounds good to me.

EDIT: And the suggestion it has anything to do with Tevez is amusing.

Unread 25-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Deal's off according to SNN.

Unread 25-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Sloane

just signed them on fm
Closed Thread