United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-05-2010, 09:44 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Re: Biggest signing of the summer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Aguero will be the best signing I feel, for whoever gets him. I don't think Chelsea would suit him but he's good enough to overcome that and it would be quite bad news for us if he did end up there. Usually not too arsed who the rivals sign but this one would be a bit of a blow especially as we're the ones who've finished 2nd place this time.

Abrahamovic has really toned down the spending since 2006 though, you almost forget Chelsea have got this Russian billionaire for a bit. THey could go amok at any moment and looking at the age of most of their squad they really need it. Lets hope Roman continues to be tight though.
Doesn't matter what he does but what we do IMO.

While i'm a fan of Aguero, i'm not so sure anymore regarding him and wherever he's got what it takes to play at the very best level.

I'm also still to be convinced he can be apart of a squad and he wont be like other Argie's once they are rested/dropped the toys come out of the pram.

He's only 21 so many i'm being harsh on the fella as he's still to really mature. Get him signed before WC if so

Unread 10-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Albert Tatlock

Scholes staying another year... it'll be like a new signing.

Unread 10-05-2010, 11:35 AM
BarryX

this guys signature would surely the biggest:

at 19 characters long it will take one hell of a name to beat it

Unread 10-05-2010, 11:37 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Doesn't matter what he does but what we do IMO.

While i'm a fan of Aguero, i'm not so sure anymore regarding him and wherever he's got what it takes to play at the very best level.

I'm also still to be convinced he can be apart of a squad and he wont be like other Argie's once they are rested/dropped the toys come out of the pram.

He's only 21 so many i'm being harsh on the fella as he's still to really mature. Get him signed before WC if so
wanted that signing last year more than any other, and whilst I haven't seen him kick a ball this year, still want him to sign for us because I am pig headed and stubborn (and sure he has got what it takes to make it at the highest level, i.e. with us).

Unread 10-05-2010, 12:14 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
I think the opposite. I think the reason Gerrard has stayed all these years is because he was mr liverpool, everyone loved him. The fans don't care about him so much this season, all they care about is Torres. Torres will be the one now who stays for 2-3 seasons, whilst Gerrard will slink off unnoticed to either Milan, Inter or Man City.
ITK from a Liverpool forum;

Quote:
Beecroft is spot on with what he said, Gerrard is going to Madrid, the final straw was after the Man Utd game when Gerrard had a bust up with benitez and in the argument Rafa rubbed his hands together and said "the club can't afford to sack me" Gerrard told him to £#%&! off.
Good luck to Steven Gerrard, the greatest player to ever play for our club.
motwyw

Unread 10-05-2010, 12:32 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
City not finishing 4th is really going to set them back. Most of the players they'll be looking to attract will want to play in the champions league. Spurs have always spent decent money and if they use the cl money wisely, they could secure 4th again easily next year and for the immediate future. A couple of years outside of the top 4 and hopefully the Abu Dhabi lot will get bored.

The dippers have the same problem. No quality footballer is going to join them. No champions league football, penniless and Liverpool wouldn't be your first choice as a place to live.

City and the dippers will have to get used to thursday nights on channel 5!
When it happens to us though we'll just go out of business

Unread 10-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

If anyone pays more than 20m for that overrated £#%&!ing midget shithead Aguero then good luck to Athletico for ripping them off. Idiots.

Unread 10-05-2010, 12:52 PM
borsuk

Quote:
ITK from a Liverpool forum
contradiction in terms

Unread 10-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Hugh Jardon

Anderson to whichever team is sponsored by Hollands Pies

Fat useless £#%&!er

Unread 10-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Aguero will be the best signing I feel, for whoever gets him. I don't think Chelsea would suit him but he's good enough to overcome that and it would be quite bad news for us if he did end up there. Usually not too arsed who the rivals sign but this one would be a bit of a blow especially as we're the ones who've finished 2nd place this time.

Abrahamovic has really toned down the spending since 2006 though, you almost forget Chelsea have got this Russian billionaire for a bit. THey could go amok at any moment and looking at the age of most of their squad they really need it. Lets hope Roman continues to be tight though.
aguero doesnt even look that good at all. they can have him

Unread 10-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
aguero doesnt even look that good at all. they can have him
Misses a shit-load of sitters in la liga. A bit over-rated i think.

Unread 10-05-2010, 05:40 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Misses a shit-load of sitters in la liga. A bit over-rated i think.
Let's make the same mistake again eh.

Unread 10-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Torres would never have come to United. He used to have "you'll never walk alone" on his £#%&!ing armband at Atletico ffs.

Unread 10-05-2010, 05:49 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Torres would never have come to United. He used to have "you'll never walk alone" on his £#%&!ing armband at Atletico ffs.
He was not a Liverpool fan , that YNWA thing was something between his mates. It's actually a famous football anthem across europe, Liverpool have as usual stolen it to pass it off as their own.

Torres was ready to leave in 2007, we weren't in for him that summer the way we were the previous summer.

Aguero is a slightly shorter version of Torres but with the dribbling ability reminiscient of Messi. As said elsewhere, he's got the whole team on his back, still only 21 and just needs the freedom of a big club to fulfil all of his potential.

He'd take the piss in England imo, his pace and intelligent movement would be too much. I can't see us signing him so i'm hoping he doesn't go to Chelsea even though its his least suitable premier league team he'd still do damage.

Unread 10-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
He was not a Liverpool fan , that YNWA thing was something between his mates. It's actually a famous football anthem across europe, Liverpool have as usual stolen it to pass it off as their own.

Torres was ready to leave in 2007, we weren't in for him that summer the way we were the previous summer.

Aguero is a slightly shorter version of Torres but with the dribbling ability reminiscient of Messi. As said elsewhere, he's got the whole team on his back, still only 21 and just needs the freedom of a big club to fulfil all of his potential.

He'd take the piss in England imo, his pace and intelligent movement would be too much. I can't see us signing him so i'm hoping he doesn't go to Chelsea even though its his least suitable premier league team he'd still do damage.
What will be, will be.

We can't compete directly with the likes of city or Chelsea when it comes to transfer fees or wages, so hopefully we'll have our targets long planned out.

Unread 10-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:

He actually looked like a regular bloke then instead of a pre-op transsexual

I don't think he would stay in England myself, Barca with Big Gay Zlat back to Italy is more likely imo

Unread 10-05-2010, 05:58 PM
safingtons

Quote:
What will be, will be.

We can't compete directly with the likes of city or Chelsea when it comes to transfer fees or wages, so hopefully we'll have our targets long planned out.
I preferred your tone of last summer when you were £#%&!ing fuming about how we got £81m paid in one lump £#%&!ing sum, in addition to not spending the £25m we allegedly were ready to pay for Tevez AND the so called £20m Fergie gets every summer.

Where's it all gone, uncle Malc, we £#%&!ing know.

2 huge wages(Ronaldo adn Tevez) have gone off the books, with probably Carrick and Berbatov to follow. We've failed in a season where with some investment last summer we'd have pissed the two main trophies imo given only one team improved significantly(Inter).

Unread 10-05-2010, 06:00 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up Re: Biggest signing of the summer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
If anyone pays more than 20m for that overrated £#%&!ing midget shithead Aguero then good luck to Athletico for ripping them off. Idiots.
indeed.
Don't think I've ever seen him have a good game. Scored a great volley against Chelsea...that's it.

I'd rather have Joe £#%&!ing Cole.

Unread 10-05-2010, 06:02 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
indeed.
Don't think I've ever seen him have a good game. Scored a great volley against Chelsea...that's it.

I'd rather have Joe £#%&!ing Cole.
Don't forget Bobby 'target man' Zamora, we really would be better off signing these world class English players.

Unread 10-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Don't forget Bobby 'target man' Zamora, we really would be better off signing these world class English players.
You reckon that's who Fergie thought he was buying when he got Smalling?
Closed Thread