United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-05-2010, 10:35 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Re: Birmingham to end Ben Foster's Manchester United misery by sealing £6m swoop for keeper

Glad to see him go, done nothing but bitch and moan in the press regarding his lack of first team football but when given the chance he's not done enough to show why at 27 years old we should keep him on.

Had the odd couple of good games but fills the defense with zero confidence and has made big mistakes in big games which nearly cost us in games.

Unread 10-05-2010, 10:42 AM
MrBishi

Default Re: Birmingham to end Ben Foster's Manchester United misery by sealing £6m swoop for keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
out: Foster £6m, Berbatov £10m, Carrick £10m, Hargreaves £5m. = £31m.

Stick 20 odd million on that and you have enough money to afford the debt repayments
I've corrected this for you

Unread 10-05-2010, 11:15 AM
carlosartorial

Who the £#%&! is going to pay £5M for Owen Hargreaves?

Even West Ham aren't that stupid.

Unread 10-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Who the £#%&! is going to pay £5M for Owen Hargreaves?

Even West Ham aren't that stupid.
If I win the Euro millions I'll buy him for 5 Million.

Unread 10-05-2010, 12:08 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
out: Foster £6m, Berbatov £10m, Carrick £10m, Hargreaves £5m. = £31m.

Stick 20 odd million on that and you have enough money to get 3 top class players.
so which 3 top players are we going to get for £17m - to £20m each? when Smalling cost circa £15m?

Market is overinflated as Ferie said - but if we do not move in it we will regret it!

Unread 10-05-2010, 12:13 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
so which 3 top players are we going to get for £17m - to £20m each? when Smalling cost circa £15m?

Market is overinflated as Ferie said - but if we do not move in it we will regret it!
Kačar £8m.

Silva £22m

Suarez/Jovetic £20m.

Sorted.

Unread 10-05-2010, 12:14 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Kačar £8m.

Silva £22m

Suarez/Jovetic £20m.

Sorted.

Add another 10 and your in the area.

As for Kacar at 8mil, double that the Germans are no mugs in the transfer market

Unread 10-05-2010, 12:18 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Add another 10 and your in the area.

As for Kacar at 8mil, double that the Germans are no mugs in the transfer market
Can't see Silva costing more than 25m euros, 30m euros absolute tops.

Especially when the player himself wants to come. Villa is the one with the mad pricetag and rightly so as he's the best striker in the world. Silva is a very good player that could become great at a bigger club and isn't worth obscene money yet.

Unread 10-05-2010, 12:19 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Glad to see him go, done nothing but bitch and moan in the press regarding his lack of first team football but when given the chance he's not done enough to show why at 27 years old we should keep him on.

Had the odd couple of good games but fills the defense with zero confidence and has made big mistakes in big games which nearly cost us in games.
I don't wanting to scapegoat him or pin the season down to one game. But he did cost us points and, if you were of a mind to, you could say his performance at home to Sunderland cost us the title. He wasn't alone in that though

He'll do well at brum I suspect

Unread 10-05-2010, 12:26 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Kačar £8m.

Silva £22m

Suarez/Jovetic £20m.

Sorted.
Can't see it tbh opinion!

Hernandez cost us £10m (approx) - Smalling £15m - can't see those 2 above being the prices you quote.

But you never know!

Unread 10-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Can't see it tbh opinion!

Hernandez cost us £10m (approx) - Smalling £15m - can't see those 2 above being the prices you quote.

But you never know!
where are you getting your figures from?
from what i understand is that hernandez cost around 6million and smalling 10

Unread 10-05-2010, 12:35 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
where are you getting your figures from?
from what i understand is that hernandez cost around 6million and smalling 10
quotes from on here and in the press - where are you getting yours from?

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...ight=hernandez - amongst others i read

Unread 10-05-2010, 12:43 PM
dunk

I'm pretty sure Smalling is only £10m if he eventually wins World Player Of The Year, or some other such condition. There is no way we have paid £10m for him at this point.

Hernandez was more like £6-7m from the various things I've read. Again, probably depending on various achievements.

The only time I have seen Kacar was during the U21 Euros last year (?), and he was fantastic, head and shoulders above the rest. What injury has sidelined him this year?

If he's any good, Bayern will have him snapped up next week, as they do with all decent players in Germany.

Unread 10-05-2010, 12:59 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm pretty sure Smalling is only £10m if he eventually wins World Player Of The Year, or some other such condition. There is no way we have paid £10m for him at this point.

Hernandez was more like £6-7m from the various things I've read. Again, probably depending on various achievements.

The only time I have seen Kacar was during the U21 Euros last year (?), and he was fantastic, head and shoulders above the rest. What injury has sidelined him this year?

If he's any good, Bayern will have him snapped up next week, as they do with all decent players in Germany.
Yep, I heard a £6m fee with addons the same as Carrick, Nani, Anderson, Rooney etc which for a young defender isn't that bad how unproven his is.

It's more of a United spin to prove they are/have the funds.

Unread 10-05-2010, 01:11 PM
borsuk

love these figures people pull out of their arse. let's sign so and so, we could have him for £14.65m, chuck in whatsit and thingy, sell carrick and berbatov, £24.67m plus change, piece of piss this management lark.

Unread 10-05-2010, 01:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Knee injury. Was out for a few months in the middle of the season, although part of that was covered by the winter break. Apparently he's been getting some pain in the knee again recently.

Unread 10-05-2010, 01:19 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: Birmingham to end Ben Foster's Manchester United misery by sealing £6m swoop for keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Knee injury. Was out for a few months in the middle of the season, although part of that was covered by the winter break. Apparently he's been getting some pain in the knee again recently.
sign him up, he'll fit right in

Unread 10-05-2010, 01:24 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
love these figures people pull out of their arse. let's sign so and so, we could have him for £14.65m, chuck in whatsit and thingy, sell carrick and berbatov, £24.67m plus change, piece of piss this management lark.
what positions do they play? gonna be confusing with 2 sets of twins on the books!

Unread 10-05-2010, 01:26 PM
dodger

Quote:
what positions do they play? gonna be confusing with 2 sets of twins on the books!
We managed with the Djemba's

Unread 10-05-2010, 01:35 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
We managed with the Djemba's
Yes but we didn't have Raphael and Fabio as well did we?
Closed Thread