United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Lok

Default Re: We're not good enough

If we're all being honest, there's been very little between us and Chelsea for the last 3 years. We've probably had the rub of the green in previous seasons but this season things seem to go for them.

If we can get that creative midfielder we need so badly, I think we'll do very well next season.

The only real disappointment for me was the FA cup. We should never get beaten by a team as shit as Leeds.

Unread 10-05-2010, 10:59 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
We were good enough, that much is clear.

But only because it was a poor league. If we had less injury problems and/or there had been less referee favours for Chelsea we'd have been worthy champions and i'd be happy but we'd still need to 'freshen' the team up if we want to win in Europe again. Everyone has regressed in England, at least we had real reason for it with the unprecedented injury crisis, Ronaldo and Tevez gone, signing the Welsh midget and 20 year old French winger for 3m.

Ahh the old myth of a poor league. If you want to see a poor league go and watch la liga. If you havent already seen the points gap.

Unread 10-05-2010, 12:44 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
If we're all being honest, there's been very little between us and Chelsea for the last 3 years. We've probably had the rub of the green in previous seasons but this season things seem to go for them.

If we can get that creative midfielder we need so badly, I think we'll do very well next season.

The only real disappointment for me was the FA cup. We should never get beaten by a team as shit as Leeds.
Would have been ok with it if it gave us the breathig space to win the league but as that didn't happen it's a poor do.

Unread 10-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Ahh the old myth of a poor league. If you want to see a poor league go and watch la liga. If you havent already seen the points gap.
Real Madrid could be runners up with over 100 goals and 98 points... Gutting

Ronaldo has been hugely influential in that though.

Unread 10-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
%@#$&!S

I'm sick to £#%&!ing death hearing this. We lost the title by ONE @#%&!ing point. ONE point. We've ben the best side this country has seen for 2 decades. That doesn't mean we'll win the league every season.

We'll win it back next season, mark my words.

yes, but in the context of this season, and this season only, we weren't good enough..

Simples..

Unread 10-05-2010, 05:34 PM
£#%&! KFC

great effort by the team considering crazy injuries and loss of Ronaldo...and I enjoyed the season

we'll win it next year..and I'm still more gutted at being knocked out of Europe than not winning the league

Unread 10-05-2010, 05:36 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up Re: We're not good enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
great effort by the team considering crazy injuries and loss of Ronaldo...and I enjoyed the season

we'll win it next year..and I'm still more gutted at being knocked out of Europe than not winning the league
Agreed totally until you mentioned the Europe bit.

19 was far more important.

But, horses for courses and that.

Unread 10-05-2010, 07:44 PM
wiganste

Quote:
It's always a good day to sup the bow when United play,

Proud of Utd this seasosn. Everyone wrote us off and we won £#%&! all (CC excluded) but we'll be back
Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
I think that's a lesson to us all. Don't post when you're pissed.

I know what I meant though. I think

Unread 10-05-2010, 07:49 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: We're not good enough

Quote:
I think that's a lesson to us all. Don't post when you're pissed.

I know what I meant though. I think
s'right mate. cheers for the new sig

Unread 10-05-2010, 07:55 PM
wiganste

Quote:
s'right mate. cheers for the new sig
you're welcome.

You'll be pleased to know I'm on the strongbow now and I feel another United related post in my water.

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:05 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Yeah 'cos the smaller teams in England could live with the small Spanish ones, couldn't they?

The top 4 was just the same over here as Barca and Madrid is in Spain, the clubs with the most money miles away from the rest. Until Liverpool became utter shit, obv. But Spurs are the 2nd biggest net spenders in the league.

The 'gap' argument in spain %@#$&!s tbh. The bigger you are in Spain the more money you get for TV etc, yet most smaller teams, like I say, would destroy lower English teams. Bolton, Wigan, Stoke ffs.

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:06 PM
borsuk

Quote:
you're welcome.

You'll be pleased to know I'm on the strongbow now and I feel another United related post in my water.
good lad

gave up the ale a month or so ago - last pint i had was when kev was out here on that stag do possibly not unrelated tbh

just wine and whiskey for me now. sometimes not even at the same time.

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:08 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The 'gap' argument in spain %@#$&!s tbh. The bigger you are in Spain the more money you get for TV etc, yet most smaller teams, like I say, would destroy lower English teams. Bolton, Wigan, Stoke ffs.
don't agree with that at all tbh. stoke are a tough side to play for a start and besides there's some real rubbish at the bottom of la liga.

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:30 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

Me too

..& Fergie was the same. His post-match interview yesterday, he was asked "where it all went wrong" in the League & he just started going off on one about getting knocked out of Europe.
No wonder Carrick hasn't kicked a ball since the Bayern game. I bet Fergie absolutely ripped him to shreds.

We've had such a great 3 years though - 3 League Titles, 2 European Cup Finals, FA Cup Final, 2 League Cup Finals, World Club Champions etc...

Fine margins. Just wasn't our year...& we are a couple of players short tbf.

Unread 10-05-2010, 09:22 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

Why because they are called Stoke City and Wigan? Not Real sunbed or Racing cocktail.

Spain is full of £#%&!ing shit.

Unread 11-05-2010, 12:45 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
good lad

gave up the ale a month or so ago - last pint i had was when kev was out here on that stag do possibly not unrelated tbh

just wine and whiskey for me now. sometimes not even at the same time.
it's always my fault ffs

Unread 11-05-2010, 12:47 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Me too

..& Fergie was the same. His post-match interview yesterday, he was asked "where it all went wrong" in the League & he just started going off on one about getting knocked out of Europe.
No wonder Carrick hasn't kicked a ball since the Bayern game. I bet Fergie absolutely ripped him to shreds.

We've had such a great 3 years though - 3 League Titles, 2 European Cup Finals, FA Cup Final, 2 League Cup Finals, World Club Champions etc...

Fine margins. Just wasn't our year...& we are a couple of players short tbf.

Just one player short tbf.....Ronaldo
Closed Thread