United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Crumps

Default Re: Ferguson: I'll build a new team again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
So if you want an established player signed, you know, players who could really help the transition of the team as Scholes and Giggs and retire, you're a JCL idiot who wants Championship Manager signings?

If you honestly think the team the way it is, is good enough to win the league next season with the likes of Obertan, Diouf, Hernandez and Smalling you're extremely deluded.

Nobody is saying we have a devine right to win the major trophies every season, but when you recieve £80m and you're buying cheap players to 'fill' the squad, then we have every right to complain.

But instead people ignore it all and pretend we're signing these cheap players because Fergie doesnt want established players.

Fergie and 'value'...yes, Fergie has never spent big on players he wants. Fergie recieves a very good wage and will get a good job at United when he retires, of course he'll toe the line and keep telling us we have money but he doesn't want to spend it.
Here's the king of the shit reds.

Unread 06-05-2010, 12:05 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Here's the king of the shit reds.

Didn't know wanted one good player who you enjoy watching, and think United could do with means you're a shit red mate.

Of course, that's the usual argument back "you're just a JCL/shit red"

I look forward to peoples responses when Obertan and Diouf et al aren't even getting on the £#%&!ing bench next season.

Unread 06-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Crumps

Quote:

Didn't know wanted one good player who you enjoy watching, and think United could do with means you're a shit red mate.

Of course, that's the usual argument back "you're just a JCL/shit red"

I look forward to peoples responses when Obertan and Diouf et al aren't even getting on the £#%&!ing bench next season.
You're an OOTer not a JCL ffs.

Unread 06-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
So if you want an established player signed, you know, players who could really help the transition of the team as Scholes and Giggs and retire, you're a JCL idiot who wants Championship Manager signings?

If you honestly think the team the way it is, is good enough to win the league next season with the likes of Obertan, Diouf, Hernandez and Smalling you're extremely deluded.

Nobody is saying we have a devine right to win the major trophies every season, but when you recieve £80m and you're buying cheap players to 'fill' the squad, then we have every right to complain.

But instead people ignore it all and pretend we're signing these cheap players because Fergie doesnt want established players.

Fergie and 'value'...yes, Fergie has never spent big on players he wants. Fergie recieves a very good wage and will get a good job at United when he retires, of course he'll toe the line and keep telling us we have money but he doesn't want to spend it.
and on and on and on...

what you're actually saying is that you don't trust Ferguson to look after the 1st team squad.

you're saying you don't trust him to sign players. you're saying you don't trust him to bring players through. you're saying you don't trust his ability to create a balanced squad.

you basically seem to have no time for - or concept of - football management in the real world. why can't you just say so and stop all this %@#$&!s.

as for Ferguson not signing established players or whatever the £#%&! it is you're moaning about, he generally signs one per season - Valencia, Berbatov, Hargreaves, Carrick (Evra, VDS...)

i'm guessing, but i imagine you'd be amongst those who slag off United for letting players like Carrick and Valencia establish themselves in England before moving in with United tax by way of compensation to bring them to OT - ooh, we could've got Carrick for £5m blah blah blah

Unread 06-05-2010, 12:37 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

I must have been in a ronnie induced mourning coma when he scuttled off to the royal facisti - but did we make any enquiry re herr wesley of sniejder at the time? and if not was there any reason why? given that he is on the way to leading inter to the treble for a high value 11m stinking quid.......

please advise.

Unread 06-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
are dismissing gills interview towards the end of tevez first season saying something along the lines of us wanting to sign him earlier and that his 2 year loan deal involved us having the option to buy him at the end of the loan deal for £25.5m

or shall we post smileys and pretend that didn't happen?

maybe we should also ignore the fact this same document was shown to the premier league when sorting out his registration..

maybe we should mix up things and use the fact city paid about £40m for him and make it look like we were told to pay as much

better yet, let's pretend tevez wasnt calling on united to sign him towards the end of his loan deal, a deal saf had promised we would sign.

tevez was available to us at 25.5m but he wasn't worth that as basically owen would score more goals than him.

its a good thing fergie isn't a chartered surveyor.

p.s. Off course when you add tevez' loan fee @ £4m per season and his £5m a year wages it could look like he cost £45m (cumulative total)but only a tabloid would report... 'tevez costs £50'.
chill your beans vic was just saying he wasnt 25m

redknapp said the same this week. I think he probably has a better idea of what he went for than you.

I also have some information.

I liked tevez so not really point scoring just think it is harsh to criticise ferguson for not signing him when it was obvious that it was never on the cards. He got him in on the loan in the first place so was not that a good piece of business?

People just get a peeved with you because you completely dismiss virtually 20 years of success and just say bin him off ffs

Unread 06-05-2010, 12:39 PM
MJ Ramone

I'd like to see a decent striker to replace Berbatov.

A goal scoring midfielder wouldn't go a miss if we can find one.
Carrick, Anderson & Hargreaves all have a lot to prove next season, but they're all quality players if they can turn things around.

Maybe a left footed, left sided midfielder/winger would be a wise purchase too.

Other than that I think we have a decent squad.

Hopefully just Berbatov & Foster shown the door this summer.

Unread 06-05-2010, 02:53 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
I must have been in a ronnie induced mourning coma when he scuttled off to the royal facisti - but did we make any enquiry re herr wesley of sniejder at the time? and if not was there any reason why? given that he is on the way to leading inter to the treble for a high value 11m stinking quid.......

please advise.
As I remember it everyone thought he was shit. Apart from me of course.

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
chill your beans vic was just saying he wasnt 25m

redknapp said the same this week. I think he probably has a better idea of what he went for than you.

I also have some information.

I liked tevez so not really point scoring just think it is harsh to criticise ferguson for not signing him when it was obvious that it was never on the cards. He got him in on the loan in the first place so was not that a good piece of business?

People just get a peeved with you because you completely dismiss virtually 20 years of success and just say bin him off ffs
I think the point is that United could have had Tevez for £25m but didn't (because they're skint, obviously) - it was written into the deal - it was widely reported and stated by United several times that the price for a permanent transfer was agreed when he signed on loan.

The fact he cost city a lot more isn't relevant to anything as far as United letting him go is concerned.

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:05 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
As I remember it everyone thought he was shit. Apart from me of course.
oi!

edit
been banging that particular drum for donkey's years

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...0&postcount=15

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...4&postcount=42

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:13 PM
PaulParkers

Anyone who has ever doubted the ability of Sneijder cant have ever watched a game of football at any level and understood it.

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Anyone who has ever doubted the ability of Sneijder cant have ever watched a game of football at any level and understood it.
Legendary SAF

What a twunt.

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

when this forum started it was just me and johnny golden banging the drum for sneijder iirc

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:30 PM
shadowplay

When they were at Ajax, they -VDV & Sneijder- flew over to Manchester and chatted with Alex.

Nothing ever came of it, sadly.

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Yes, I distinctly remember a few people saying he was shit.

If he was called Sneidherio those same people would have been desperate for him to go to United.

Maybe Mourinho will bring him when, I mean if, he replaces Ferie.

Unread 06-05-2010, 04:21 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
when this forum started it was just me and johnny golden banging the drum for sneijder iirc
Johnny Golden-he was a good lad. Anyone ever hear any news about him?

Unread 07-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I think the point is that United could have had Tevez for £25m but didn't (because they're skint, obviously) - it was written into the deal - it was widely reported and stated by United several times that the price for a permanent transfer was agreed when he signed on loan.

The fact he cost city a lot more isn't relevant to anything as far as United letting him go is concerned.
I know for an absolute fact that is incorrect.

Unread 07-05-2010, 01:00 AM
Alan

Quote:
OK, well gill and ferguson lying isn't exactly a surprise. May I ask how you know?

Unread 07-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Appletango

Quote:
Tell us how you know then as that was the figure reported by many people, including ones inside the club.
Closed Thread