United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Default Re: Ferguson: I'll build a new team again

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
very few mistakes in the transfer market..

£#%&!ing hell.

the fact scholes and giggs are still mainstays in our midfield despite spending about £80m (roughly) on midfielders says it all.
not one worldclass midfielder in sight.

not to mention the fact we have one good striker despite spending about £50m over the last 5 years..

very mistakes...fergie is almost benitez like in the transfer market.
manucho, tosic, diouf, obertan.. and so on...

we are on a budget and tbf I don't think fergie is capable of making any shrewd or even good buys to fix the problems in the squad.
the following statement proves it...
'we've spent £20m already'
exactly and id say we haven't even begun to sort things.
Ok ill bite.

manucho, tosic, diouf, obertan.. and so on... All players who havent even played 10 first team games between them yet, (with the exception of one flop, Manucho) So what you're doing here is judging youngsters before Fergusons even given them a chance.

I genuinely thought you knew your football. I really did. But -

we are on a budget and tbf I don't think fergie is capable of making any shrewd or even good buys to fix the problems in the squad.

Is the most ridiculous thing you've written in years.

Its the comment that a United supporter from the last 3-4 years would make. Anyone who's supported them longer, through Fergusons entire reign, would know that he's made....

£#%&! it, you're just going to come back with another shit argument, there's no point.

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:34 PM
marlo

sparky...that's a while ago..

what about more recently??

out transfer record is dreadful of late. bordering on embarassing.

berbatov £30m?
carrick £18m?
valencia £17m :cringe:

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:

berbatov £30m?
carrick £18m?
Is that the Valencia that got into the PFA Team of the year?

And Carrick, who's been a mainstay in the team through 3 premier league titles and a European cup?

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

berbatov £30m?
carrick £18m?
Carrick has been a good buy, ok he's fallen off the last year or so but he's been a big part of our success since 2006.

Berbatov has been awful. Not what we need at all.

I'm expecting a response from the club in the summer. Our pride has taken a knock this season, so we have to show that we won't take being 2nd best.

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Sloane

Rooney, this week voted Manchester United's player of the year, said Valencia was the teammate he enjoyed playing alongside most.

"I couldn't have scored the amount of goals I have this season without him," Rooney told the BBC's Match of Day magazine. "He's been great this year and the quality of balls he puts in the box for me has been unbelievable."

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:42 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Ok ill bite.

manucho, tosic, diouf, obertan.. and so on... All players who havent even played 10 first team games between them yet, (with the exception of one flop, Manucho) So what you're doing here is judging youngsters before Fergusons even given them a chance.

I genuinely thought you knew your football. I really did. But -

Is the most ridiculous thing you've written in years.

Its the comment that a United supporter from the last 3-4 years would make. Anyone who's supported them longer, through Fergusons entire reign, would know that he's made....

£#%&! it, you're just going to come back with another shit argument, there's no point.
our squad is currently worse than 2005.

a united team should be full of good players. world class attacking players etc.

at the moment we have 2 at most.
we don't even have 2 good strikers ffs.

from fergie saying he likes to have '4 strikers' to us having to play an injured striker in the champions league at home because we simple didn't have any others worth playing.

summer 2009.
'im not buying and forwards because of the faith I have in macheda and wellbeck'

how many league games did they both play?

our squad has been diluted by average players to the point where its more or less an average squad + (rooney and nani.)

if they didn't play for us, would you be hoping saf signed any of our current midfielders/strikers from other clubs?

we need 2 midfielders and 1 striker this summer.

players like gibson and park should be nowhere near a proper united team.

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
Rooney, this week voted Manchester United's player of the year, said Valencia was the teammate he enjoyed playing alongside most.

"I couldn't have scored the amount of goals I have this season without him," Rooney told the BBC's Match of Day magazine. "He's been great this year and the quality of balls he puts in the box for me has been unbelievable."
Um, i think Marlo knows a little bit more about football than Wayne Rooney and Alex Ferguson mate. Those quotes mean nothing.

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:

a united team should be full of good players. world class attacking players etc.

from fergie saying he likes to have '4 strikers' to us having to play an injured striker in the champions league at home because we simple didn't have any others worth playing.

summer 2009.
'im not buying and forwards because of the faith I have in macheda and wellbeck'

our squad has been diluted by average players to the point where its more or less an average squad + (rooney and nani.)

if they didn't play for us, would you be hoping saf signed any of our current midfielders/strikers from other clubs?

No team is ever full of world class players.

The team of 98/99 -

John Curtis, Erik Nevland, Nicky Butt, Andy Cole, David Beckham, Chris Casper, Phil Neville, Ryan Giggs, Mark Wilson, Gary Neville. Jordi Cruyff, Teddy Sheringham, Henning Berg, Raimond van der Gouw, Peter Schmeichel, Nick Culkin, Jaap Stam, Ronny Johnsen, David May, Phil Mulryne, Jesper Blomqvist, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Roy Keane, Michael Clegg, Denis Irwin, Paul Scholes.

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:

summer 2009.

Rooney
Vidic
Ferdinand
Van Der Sar
Scholes
Giggs
Evra
Nani
Valencia
Fletcher

To name but a few.

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:51 PM
marlo

Quote:
Is that the Valencia that got into the PFA Team of the year?

And Carrick, who's been a mainstay in the team through 3 premier league titles and a European cup?
he isn't good enough.hasn't got enough about his game to be a star at united.
just wait and see.

no offence to you but i told you idiots about berbatov when some of you thought his performances were majestic.
same goes for ruud.

valencia won't start more than 20 games next season if we are too compete.

he got pfa because the votes were in january meaning players were judging him on his 'kick run cross' technique was 'ok' in september/october until defenders got used to it and now he is easily marked out of games.
yes he gets assists but our wingers (successful) ones have always had abit more to their game.

nani has quicky overtook him once he got going and the gulf in quality between the two is huge. all you have to do is look at nani's finishing in the last two games and compare it to 'basic barrys' miss against chelsea.

he isn't a bad player, but he also isn't a very good one imo. filling the squad with average players like him and park will only lead to an average team.

re carrick. he was decent for 2/3 years always bottling the big occassions.has improved while fletcher has evolved into our best midfielder.if he isn't going to improve and become a proper united player then no need keeping him.

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
he isn't good enough.hasn't got enough about his game to be a star at united.
just wait and see.

no offence to you but i told you idiots about berbatov when some of you thought his performances were majestic.
same goes for ruud.

valencia won't start more than 20 games next season if we are too compete.

he got pfa because the votes were in january meaning players were judging him on his 'kick run cross' technique was 'ok' in september/october until defenders got used to it and now he is easily marked out of games.
yes he gets assists but our wingers (successful) ones have always had abit more to their game.

nani has quicky overtook him once he got going and the gulf in quality between the two is huge. all you have to do is look at nani's finishing in the last two games and compare it to 'basic barrys' miss against chelsea.

he isn't a bad player, but he also isn't a very good one imo. filling the squad with average players like him and park will only lead to an average team.

re carrick. he was decent for 2/3 years always bottling the big occassions.has improved while fletcher has evolved into our best midfielder.if he isn't going to improve and become a proper united player then no need keeping him.
I think if it's all the same with you, i'll take the opinion of Wayne Rooney and Alex Ferguson over yours.

Also, might want to brush up on your English before you start calling people idiots.

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:54 PM
marlo

Quote:
Um, i think Marlo knows a little bit more about football than Wayne Rooney and Alex Ferguson mate. Those quotes mean nothing.
show me rooneys quotes about berbatov and how great he is and ill tell you what he said about him 'off record'

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
show me rooneys quotes about berbatov and how great he is and ill tell you what he said about him 'off record'
Marlo, don't be a dick! You don't need to throw in shit like that. I could just as easily say here's what Rooney said about Nani, off record -

"Hate him, he's a @#%&!"

Just talk normally.

Unread 05-05-2010, 07:04 PM
borsuk

Thumbs down Re: Ferguson: I'll build a new team again

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
yep

the one positive is he's finding it harder and harder to get responses these days
spoke too £#%&!ing soon, didn't i?

Unread 05-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
spoke too £#%&!ing soon, didn't i?
At least he's not responding to himself.

Unread 05-05-2010, 07:11 PM
El Chalten

i actually agree with marlo. (apart from the valencia bit)

nft.

Unread 05-05-2010, 07:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten
i actually agree with marlo
What a surprise

Nft.

Unread 05-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
very few mistakes in the transfer market imo

Berbatov wasn't a mistake as far as i'm concerned anyway. no doubt you'll have your own views on his character (confidence/personality) or his relationships with the likes of Ronaldo or Tevez or whoever. there's all sorts of reasons why a lot of people consider that the signing hasn't worked as well as it might have, but the player's ability or his potential in the shirt aren't amongst them. i'd point to injuries and to formations as the key to it, personally. but then i still love to see him playing in the shirt.
If its down to Fergie not utilising him properly, or bringing him here when he wouldn't suit how we play, then that counts as a mistake imo. A costly one at that.

Unread 05-05-2010, 08:05 PM
ScarFace

A top striker, Silva, Cole.....that'l do.

Oh and Berbatov on a free.

Unread 05-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Whalefish

Jose coming to Utd, operating on a budget, bringing players in now and for the future? Arf.
Closed Thread