Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2010, 11:51 AM
borsuk

Default Re: Ferguson: I'll build a new team again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
chickentikka
love the efforts to do something with chihuahua's name

if he ever gets on the field for the first team i just hope wonky's song isn't anything to do with that abba abomination

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Withers

I wouldn't sell any of our defenders. Our defence is easily good enough.

It's midfield where we need major surgery.

I'm just glad you no longer get your head bitten off for suggesting Carrick isn't what we need anymore.

It looks pretty clear he wants to move Carrick on, wouldn't be surprised to see him at Villa or Spurs next year, assuming we are after Milner or Modric. (Not that I want either of them)

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:23 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
I wouldn't sell any of our defenders. Our defence is easily good enough.

It's midfield where we need major surgery.

I'm just glad you no longer get your head bitten off for suggesting Carrick isn't what we need anymore.

It looks pretty clear he wants to move Carrick on, wouldn't be surprised to see him at Villa or Spurs next year, assuming we are after Milner or Modric. (Not that I want either of them)
Maybe so but he needs to be improved upon not just sold and some modern indentikit Milner/Barry type player brought in.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:28 PM
marlo

no more money should be given to saf to waste.

we are having to sell berbatov at a £15m loss at best this summer.
also let a player go that we didn't value at £25.5m and possibly now worth the same amount or even more.

any funds should be set aside for our next manager.

fergie, basic valencia, berbatov and clowns he signed for pennies (this summer and last summer) should leave in the summer with mourinho in taking over after his european cup victory.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
no more money should be given to saf to waste.

we are having to sell berbatov at a £15m loss at best this summer.
also let a player go that we didn't value at £25.5m and possibly now worth the same amount or even more.

any funds should be set aside for our next manager.

fergie, basic valencia, berbatov and clowns he signed for pennies (this summer and last summer) should leave in the summer with mourinho in taking over after his european cup victory.
:£#%&!er:

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:32 PM
El Chalten

£20m on smalling, diouf and the mexican.

what a £#%&!in waste.

nft.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten
£20m on smalling, diouf and the mexican.

what a £#%&!in waste.

nft.
How do you know?

Can see in to the future can you?

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:35 PM
El Chalten

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
How do you know?

Can see in to the future can you?
not one of them will be in the starting XI next season. £20m on squad players. We already have too many squad players, imo.

nft.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Maybe so but he needs to be improved upon not just sold and some modern indentikit Milner/Barry type player brought in.
I agree, half the reason I think Ferguson has now decided he has ran out of patience with him is because he probably fits into a swap deal with someone he wants, ie the two players named.

I'm pinning my hopes on those daft Geordies coming in with a big cash offer.

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:46 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
we can only register 25 players over 21. and if we count hernandez in there we now have 25 so we will have to sell if we want to bring anybody else in
Yup, here's a pretty good summary of the situation.

http://www.redforcerising.net/2010/0...-have-to-sell/

Something has to give.

Unread 05-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Tumescent Throb

people keep banging on and on and on about how we need to buy this player or that player, how we need to clear out the squad and bring in a load more...

meanwhile, as Ferguson points out very succinctly, United continues to eveolve all the time.

last summer Valencia came in, the signing of the season in the Premiership by some distance imo, Owen came on a free which although unpopular has since been followed by the signing of Diouf and now Hernandez, and a central defender has also been quietly scouted and swiftly brought in.

Ferguson has been truly excellent over the past few seasons and made very few mistakes in any area that I can see, be it PR, the transfer market, or team selections. the results on the pitch over the past 4 seasons bear this out and cannot be disputed by anyone expecting to be taken seriously.

Unread 05-05-2010, 04:59 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
people keep banging on and on and on about how we need to buy this player or that player, how we need to clear out the squad and bring in a load more...

meanwhile, as Ferguson points out very succinctly, United continues to eveolve all the time.

last summer Valencia came in, the signing of the season in the Premiership by some distance imo, Owen came on a free which although unpopular has since been followed by the signing of Diouf and now Hernandez, and a central defender has also been quietly scouted and swiftly brought in.

Ferguson has been truly excellent over the past few seasons and made very few mistakes in any area that I can see, be it PR, the transfer market, or team selections. the results on the pitch over the past 4 seasons bear this out and cannot be disputed by anyone expecting to be taken seriously.

Aaaand cue Marlo!....

Unread 05-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

Berbatov? Especially considering we seem to have little money to spend.

Unread 05-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
:£#%&!er:
Marlo on ignore >>>>>>> Marlo not on ignore

Unread 05-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Berbatov? Especially considering we seem to have little money to spend.
very few mistakes in the transfer market imo

Berbatov wasn't a mistake as far as i'm concerned anyway. no doubt you'll have your own views on his character (confidence/personality) or his relationships with the likes of Ronaldo or Tevez or whoever. there's all sorts of reasons why a lot of people consider that the signing hasn't worked as well as it might have, but the player's ability or his potential in the shirt aren't amongst them. i'd point to injuries and to formations as the key to it, personally. but then i still love to see him playing in the shirt.

Unread 05-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Agreed. Needs changing not retuning. Compared with goalkeeper, defence and forward, it's mediocre.

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:17 PM
marlo

very few mistakes in the transfer market..

£#%&!ing hell.

the fact scholes and giggs are still mainstays in our midfield despite spending about £80m (roughly) on midfielders says it all.
not one worldclass midfielder in sight.

not to mention the fact we have one good striker despite spending about £50m over the last 5 years..

very mistakes...fergie is almost benitez like in the transfer market.
manucho, tosic, diouf, obertan.. and so on...

we are on a budget and tbf I don't think fergie is capable of making any shrewd or even good buys to fix the problems in the squad.
the following statement proves it...
'we've spent £20m already'
exactly and id say we haven't even begun to sort things.

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:20 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Marlo on ignore >>>>>>> Marlo not on ignore
yep

the one positive is he's finding it harder and harder to get responses these days

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
very few mistakes in the transfer market..

£#%&!ing hell.

the fact scholes and giggs are still mainstays in our midfield despite spending about £80m (roughly) on midfielders says it all.
not one worldclass midfielder in sight.

not to mention the fact we have one good striker despite spending about £50m over the last 5 years..

very mistakes...fergie is almost benitez like in the transfer market.
manucho, tosic, diouf, obertan.. and so on...

we are on a budget and tbf I don't think fergie is capable of making any shrewd or even good buys to fix the problems in the squad.the following statement proves it...
'we've spent £20m already'
exactly and id say we haven't even begun to sort things.
Cantona
vidic
evra
schmeichel
van der sar
ronaldo
andy cole
solskjaer
ronny jonsen
irwin

etc
etc

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Cantona
vidic
evra
schmeichel
van der sar
ronaldo
andy cole
solskjaer
ronny jonsen
irwin

etc
etc
All of them (with the exception of Vidic and Evra) were before his time mate.
Closed Thread