United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Crumps

Thumbs up Re: Birmingham to end Ben Foster's Manchester United misery by sealing £6m swoop for keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
Good review that, will give them all a miss i think.
Thank You

Glad to help

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:22 PM
The Stella Fella

Default Re: Birmingham to end Ben Foster's Manchester United misery by sealing £6m swoop for keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
It's not personal Stella Fella but people spelling his name wrong really grinds my gears. How many times have people seen it written down at this stage?. Raphael = painter and/or ninja turtle. Rafael= top class samba full back twin.
Oh so its Rafael and Phabio?

Sos!

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Sloppy

Default Re: Birmingham to end Ben Foster's Manchester United misery by sealing £6m swoop for keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
most of them look shit, haggis flavour ffs

want to try the american cheeseburger ones, hope they taste like them 10p quarterback crisps you used to get
Taste like big macs.Them quarterbacks are my favourite ever crisp.

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Taste like big macs.Them quarterbacks are my favourite ever crisp.
possibly mine too, amazing flavour to them. their cousin the tangy toms were decent as well.

dont make crisps like them anymore.

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
possibly mine too, amazing flavour to them. their cousin the tangy toms were decent as well.

dont make crisps like them anymore.
http://www.britstore.co.uk/p5910/Red...duct_info.html

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Sloane

if we are talkin crisps and stuff, anybody been to cybercandy in covent garden? is it any good? going to pop in tomorrow

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Ginners

Quote:
£8 a bag? £#%&!ing hell, they based in zimbabwe?

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
£8 a bag? £#%&!ing hell, they based in zimbabwe?
I think its 48 packets.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Red-Mill-Quart...item3efc08a096

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:37 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm pretty sure Smalling is only £10m if he eventually wins World Player Of The Year, or some other such condition. There is no way we have paid £10m for him at this point.

Hernandez was more like £6-7m from the various things I've read. Again, probably depending on various achievements.

The only time I have seen Kacar was during the U21 Euros last year (?), and he was fantastic, head and shoulders above the rest. What injury has sidelined him this year?

If he's any good, Bayern will have him snapped up next week, as they do with all decent players in Germany.
Hertha don't want to sell him to Bayern, worst case scenario for them is he goes to Wolfsburg or Hamburg. He's clearly off this summer so theyd rather sell to United or Juve who are the only rumoured teams outside of Germany of late.

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:37 PM
jaffo

Quote:
most of them look shit, haggis flavour ffs

want to try the american cheeseburger ones, hope they taste like them 10p quarterback crisps you used to get
Had some yesterday; not bad, about 6.8/10

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:40 PM
red in cumbria

I see that the "winning" entry in that "design a flavour" competition last year - Builder's Breakfast, wasn't it? - soon vanished without trace. I somehow doubt that many of these new "varieties" will be much different

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:47 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
This is true, too many players in the squad that don't really want to grab the game by the balls and show they're the main man the way Rooney, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher do.
I'm surprised more people haven't complained about this, we need more leaders, more @#%&!s in the team. Judging by what i've read about Hernandez he does seem to be a very hard worker and humble young man who always fights for his team. Berbatov has failed in general and has shown very little effort outside of doing his actual job which is why he has become the main scapegoat. He's not someone i'd trust to have my back when going through a tough area of town, he'd probably be too busy adjusting his alice band. And Michael Owen, haha, he's just a welsh midget who used to play for Liverpool and is a complete crock....still can't believe we signed him and gave him the number some United legends have worn. Ridiculous really. SAF has got to make up for last summers fiasco, if he wants to go out on a high in the next year or two imo.

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:54 PM
red in cumbria

Have to agree with Leg Saf about Owen

Not so much signing him - but giving him the No7 shirt was a truly disgraceful act, it genuinely felt like an insult

Unread 10-05-2010, 06:30 PM
wee man

How much was Foster signed for ?

Unread 10-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Ginners

Quote:
tempting

(thats drooling btw, kinda looks like sick but it isnt)

Unread 10-05-2010, 06:55 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
How much was Foster signed for ?
about £1m, wasn't it?

Unread 10-05-2010, 07:15 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
about £1m, wasn't it?
Often not mentioned part of Fergie's transfer activity - knowing when the time is right to move a player on - both from a playing and financial point of view.

Unread 10-05-2010, 10:35 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

BBC reporting deal to start from £4mil

Quote:
Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Foster is set to move to Birmingham City for £4m, BBC Sport understands.
Foster, 27, has only played one Premier League game since October after falling behind Edwin van der Sar and Tomasz Kuzczak in the United pecking order.
He has also dropped out of the England squad and said last week he has blown his chance of going to the World Cup.
Birmingham are seeking a new goalkeeper because Joe Hart is set to return to Manchester City next season.

Foster, who joined from Stoke City in 2005, signed an improved four-year contract at Old Trafford last season.

He started the season as United's number one but high-profile errors against Chelsea in the Community Shield, against Manchester City in the derby and Sunderland led to reports of a fallout with manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

Foster wore the England number one shirt as recently as November, against Brazil, but was dropped from the squad for the friendly against Egypt in March.

Last week, he hinted that he was ready to move on.
"You never want to leave Man United [...] but I want to be playing football," he said.

"I am not interested in just hanging about. I would go if the club wanted to sell me."
Closed Thread