United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2021, 11:43 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Scoring twice at old Trafford and then winning comfortably at Spurs is an improvement on losing matches and not scoring any goals. Dunno if that’s a difficult one to comprehend or not.

And yes, losing the other night to a side with 5 points is also a bit of a clue as to why we’re not ready to win the league.
Thanks for that pal.

Unread 29-01-2021, 11:45 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Scoring twice at old Trafford and then winning comfortably at Spurs is an improvement on losing matches and not scoring any goals. Dunno if that’s a difficult one to comprehend or not.

And yes, losing the other night to a side with 5 points is also a bit of a clue as to why we’re not ready to win the league.
Fair enough, I'd say the bigger sides aren't generally who they've struggled against but okay.

Liverpool dropping points to the teams in 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th doesn't make you think they won't either?

Unread 29-01-2021, 11:54 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Fair enough, I'd say the bigger sides aren't generally who they've struggled against but okay.

Liverpool dropping points to the teams in 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th doesn't make you think they won't either?
I think they’ve levelled out from their unsustainable standard of the last couple of years and it’s good to see they’re not the bestest bestest ever team in the PL, as was being suggested in some parts of the media

The way the league has gone though, teams are going from 1st to 8th and back again in the space of a couple of weeks. Sky getting very excited about whichever team are top (Everton, Spurs, Leicester, us have all been flavour of the month) but I fully expect(Ed) City and Liverpool to ride it out the best because they’ve been the best two teams of the last few years. I didn’t think Liverpool were out of it after a few bad results.

Everyone else still has a lot to prove, including us.

We are progressing well and that’s all that matters for now. It’s nice to be involved and if we stay as consistent as we have been for the last 12 months, we’ll be in the mix and that will represent significant progress on last year. Wednesday was just a painful reminder of why we’re not quite there yet and it exposed our flaws.

Unread 29-01-2021, 11:55 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
One league win, after dropping points to Burnley, West Brom and Newcastle in the last month (as well as us and "1 win in 7" Southampton), is enough to conclude they're playing their way out of bad form?

The flip flopping 'fans' on here are an absolute joke. They have no %@#$&!s whatsoever.

Unread 29-01-2021, 11:57 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

The flip flopping 'fans' on here are an absolute joke. They have no %@#$&!s whatsoever.
It’s not flip flopping if you’ve not changed your stance on how a team will do

I’ve never thought we would win the league and I’ve never thought Liverpool were out of it.

And can we stop with equating predicting football results on a forum to having ‘balls’ ffs. We’re a bunch of #@&%!s talking on a forum.

Unread 29-01-2021, 12:14 PM
dunk

Not arsed about Liverpool, they'll bully their way into the top 4, nqat, not sure if they'll mount a challenge though.

City have developed the ability to grind out wins while being incredible stingy at the back, to add to the times they are irresistible going forward. Can only hope he £#%&!s with the team too much in search of CL success, but it looks rather ominous.

Unread 29-01-2021, 12:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not arsed about Liverpool, they'll bully their way into the top 4, nqat, not sure if they'll mount a challenge though.

City have developed the ability to grind out wins while being incredible stingy at the back, to add to the times they are irresistible going forward. Can only hope he £#%&!s with the team too much in search of CL success, but it looks rather ominous.
You’d have to make city favourites now for the reasons you’ve said, but Liverpool will be right up there, I reckon. A lot rides on their meeting soon. Liverpool have properly been in city’s head in recent years. A win either way plays into or breaks that.

Unread 29-01-2021, 04:03 PM
Vida_15

back to the actual game topic....another fantastic meltdown by Jose and again he's starting to ruin another club with his negative attitude towards everything he touches

couple that with the aurier bustup and Kane being £#%&!ed for the next 4-5 weeks and you clearly can see things for spurs going to piss quickly for their season

stupid honestly to play a 352 against Liverpool because it gives them freedom to have the front 3 do £#%&! all defensively and just try to score goals and it pinned spurs into a 532 the entire game

Unread 29-01-2021, 04:06 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
back to the actual game topic....another fantastic meltdown by Jose and again he's starting to ruin another club with his negative attitude towards everything he touches

couple that with the aurier bustup and Kane being £#%&!ed for the next 4-5 weeks and you clearly can see things for spurs going to piss quickly for their season

stupid honestly to play a 352 against Liverpool because it gives them freedom to have the front 3 do £#%&! all defensively and just try to score goals and it pinned spurs into a 532 the entire game
He just seems finished from the level he was at when he first arrived here.

I don’t know where football has changed that much or he just had the right characters around him then, but the mourinho of early Chelsea, Inter just doesn’t seem to be there anymore. He can’t rouse that level out of teams or players anymore.

He has moments, little spells, but so would most managers and there’s always the undercurrent of toxicity. You know he’ll fall out with someone, you know he’ll do a load of grandstanding in the press, you know he’ll have an issue with another team and keep bringing it up.

He’s become boring and predictable and he can’t even back it up with winning anymore.

Unread 29-01-2021, 04:22 PM
Vida_15

that's a simple answer and why Fergie probably walked away when he did....the old school managers just have a different mentality to the social media, spoiled rich @#%&!s of this modern aged footballer. Players today are soft and can't take being called out or challenged. They all want a pat on the back and don't like getting a foot in the ass.

Still though, Jose is a grumpy £#%&! most of the time and he'd be difficult to play for with all his negativity surrounding him

Unread 29-01-2021, 08:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
One league win, after dropping points to Burnley, West Brom and Newcastle in the last month (as well as us and "1 win in 7" Southampton), is enough to conclude they're playing their way out of bad form?
I had forgotten that one tbh, its almost hilarious how shit they are
Closed Thread