United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-12-2016, 11:05 AM
TheFatGoth

Question Does Old Trafford booing Fellaini secretly make you ashamed to be a United fan?

Something very unsettling about one of our own players getting abused as he warms up. This isn't a player who said something out of turn in the press or became embroiled in some unsavoury tabloid scandal. He didn't insult anyone, he's never played for one of our big rivals and he isn't David Moyes.

All he did was give a penalty away. Yeah, he's a bit shit, it's annoying when he plays and last week was a sickener....but he doesn't pick himself. Fair play to Jose for dedicating the win to him.

Unread 12-12-2016, 11:07 AM
forwardirektion

I was saying Booo-urns

Unread 12-12-2016, 11:10 AM
Pop

I can't stand him but no need to boo the big £#%&!ing oaf. It was akin to pointing & laughing at a downie.

Unread 12-12-2016, 11:11 AM
suedeshoes

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Something very unsettling about one of our own players getting abused as he warms up. This isn't a player who said something out of turn in the press or became embroiled in some unsavoury tabloid scandal. He didn't insult anyone, he's never played for one of our big rivals and he isn't David Moyes.

All he did was give a penalty away. Yeah, he's a bit shit, it's annoying when he plays and last week was a sickener....but he doesn't pick himself. Fair play to Jose for dedicating the win to him.
Poor attempt even for you.

Unread 12-12-2016, 11:15 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Surprised you're showing your face after the performance your lot put in yesterday. I'd be more concerned about Alli's snideness than a United players reception if I were you.

Unread 12-12-2016, 11:17 AM
guerreiro

Would be better if everyone made joey deacon noises.

Unread 12-12-2016, 11:29 AM
Cream

You don't sell fan favourites, is all.

Unread 12-12-2016, 11:30 AM
ZiggyStardust

No

It's always happened
I believe back in the day it was called barracking

I remember watching a DVD of the 1968 European Cup final and Kenneth Wolstenholme saying that Johnny Aston wouldn't be getting barracked at OT again any time soon after putting in a motm display in the most important match of all

There will always be a section in every ground that will turn on the team or single out a individual player for abuse

Jose really does need to get the message and stop picking that walking disaster waiting to happen and get him out of the club

Unread 12-12-2016, 11:34 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

'unsavoury tabloid scandals' offend nobody with a functioning brain cell.
Being shit at playing Football is far more offensive.

He insults my intelligence every time he pulls on the shirt.

He is David Moyes in a way. A painful reminder of the insane self-sabotage of 2013.

having said that, I wouldn't 'boo' anybody - I'd feel daft saying the word 'boo' , never mind saying it loudly & at some length.
But I'm all for Fellaini getting rotten tomatoes thrown at him & a great big hearty '£#%&! off & get off the bastard pitch you useless #@&%!'

Unread 12-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Sapien

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
'unsavoury tabloid scandals' offend nobody with a functioning brain cell.
Being shit at playing Football is far more offensive.

He insults my intelligence every time he pulls on the shirt.

He is David Moyes in a way. A painful reminder of the insane self-sabotage of 2013.

having said that, I wouldn't 'boo' anybody - I'd feel daft saying the word 'boo' , never mind saying it loudly & at some length.
But I'm all for Fellaini getting rotten tomatoes thrown at him & a great big hearty '£#%&! off & get off the bastard pitch you useless #@&%!'
Testify.

This clown is probably on 100k a week and people are feeling sorry for him getting the odd boo after 3 years of utterly inept performances.

Should never have been signed of course which is not his fault but please, anything that accelerates the eradication of him from the club has my full and unwavering support.

Unread 12-12-2016, 11:38 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
No

It's always happened
I believe back in the day it was called barracking

I remember watching a DVD of the 1968 European Cup final and Kenneth Wolstenholme saying that Johnny Aston wouldn't be getting barracked at OT again any time soon after putting in a motm display in the most important match of all

There will always be a section in every ground that will turn on the team or single out a individual player for abuse

Jose really does need to get the message and stop picking that walking disaster waiting to happen and get him out of the club
There's levels too.

He wasn't roundly booed for 30 plus seconds. Gestures from the crowd, abuse etc like Gerrard taking a corner.

There was a few boos when he stood up, quickly drowned out by counter-applause. Same when he came on. An air of discontent. Which is fine tbh. Popular players get bigger applause, so shit ones get groans..

I don't think booing should happen at all though. It doesn't help anything. but it didn't seem like a big deal to me. Despite Gary Neville's attempt to make it so

Unread 12-12-2016, 11:42 AM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
There's levels too.

He wasn't roundly booed for 30 plus seconds. Gestures from the crowd, abuse etc like Gerrard taking a corner.

There was a few boos when he stood up, quickly drowned out by counter-applause. Same when he came on.

I don't think booing should happen at all, but it didn't seem like a big deal to me. Despite Gary Neville's attempt to make it so

Will you leave Neville alone ffs. We all heard and acknowledged it, whats he supposed to do, just ignore it? He's paid to commentate on the game and its peripherals

Unread 12-12-2016, 11:43 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I'd feel daft saying the word 'boo' , never mind saying it loudly & at some length.

it's bizarre isn't it. Actually standing up and shouting 'boooooooooooo'.

Unread 12-12-2016, 11:44 AM
believe

Nobody seemed too bothered when it was Rooney lifting the Prem trophy.

Unread 12-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
. It doesn't help anything. but it didn't seem like a big deal to me.
Exactly. People getting their knickers in a twist over a bit of discontent with a player who, regardless of the fact "he doesn't pick himself", is simply not liked by the vast majority of fans. I personally don't buy into this "never boo the shirts" theory. People seem to have short memories, given the "we're £#%&!ing shit" chant in Denmark last year. I joined in because again it was just a show of discontent with the state of affairs. Not really sure how people can take the high ground with this kind of stuff, particularly those who don't attend. Armchair moralists. Booing happens very, very rarely at OT. I cringed when Giggsy was boo'd - that seemed silly - but I don't particularly mind if people want to do that, it's their choice.

/paragraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Nobody seemed too bothered when it was Rooney lifting the Prem trophy.
Also this.

Unread 12-12-2016, 11:46 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
it's bizarre isn't it. Actually standing up and shouting 'boooooooooooo'.

Should hiss instead. Then can claim you were just trying to frighten a cat away or racially abusing spurs fans. Whichever

Unread 12-12-2016, 11:47 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Should hiss instead. Then can claim you were just trying to frighten a cat away or racially abusing spurs fans. Whichever
Jesus christ

Unread 12-12-2016, 11:59 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
Will you leave Neville alone ffs. We all heard and acknowledged it, whats he supposed to do, just ignore it? He's paid to commentate on the game and its peripherals
It's not that he referenced it. Its the immediate judgment.

When he comes on "he's getting booed again". When there were cheers in response, he said nothing. Didn't comment on that peripheral bit of the game, did he? No reference to it being minor. No reference to the cheers. No reference that he wasn't jeered when he got the ball. Just "he's getting booed"

No big deal, but it is what is it and Neville drew attention to it when he could have played it down for the minor gripe that it was.

Unread 12-12-2016, 12:02 PM
atticusgrinch

I was ashamed when Nani got booed. Fellaini? If he dies, he dies.

Unread 12-12-2016, 12:04 PM
TheFatGoth

Booing seems a bit silly to me, but that's not to say there haven't been United representatives who've deserved it (Owen, Moyes, Rooney, Alan Keegan etc.), with Fellaini though I just worry it will affect his confidence for the next game. Seems a bit counter productive to me.
Closed Thread