United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-12-2016, 08:58 PM
thrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I always think Coles finish looks weird, and his celebration even weirder
Don't think I've ever seen a shot side-footed with such power.

Unread 22-12-2016, 09:44 PM
browser

The day we took the piss by only letting our curly haired brunettes score on the way to a treble

2 Ronnie Johnsen goals ffs!

Unread 22-12-2016, 10:12 PM
CyrilSkeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Is it just me or do Boro have a habit of beating us around this time of year?
I remember we got stuffed there in about 2002, appalling shit hole, shit fans and that £#%&!ing song they come out to. One shit away day made worse by a stinking hangover.

Unread 22-12-2016, 11:13 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush
Don't think I've ever seen a shot side-footed with such power.

was a strange decision to go side foot from that distance the ball coming the way it did but.... it ended up being an absolute peach so what would I know.

Unread 22-12-2016, 11:21 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Definitely my favourite one

We got beat by boro the next day

Unread 22-12-2016, 11:54 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Definitely my favourite one

We got beat by boro the next day
Went to that. Proper comedown. Peter £#%&!ing Davenport scored his first for them after leaving us.

Unread 23-12-2016, 12:11 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilSkeer
I remember we got stuffed there in about 2002, appalling shit hole, shit fans and that £#%&!ing song they come out to. One shit away day made worse by a stinking hangover.
The game that basically finished Blanc at United, though he hung around until the following summer.

Unread 23-12-2016, 12:25 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The game that basically finished Blanc at United, though he hung around until the following summer.
Different match - it was the Fa Cup tie at Boro that finished Blanc when he ducked the kick out and let Noel £#%&!ing Whelan in one on one.

looking back its crazy to think we won the league that season given how poor we were in December. Think that Boro defeat kick started an unbeaten run a la 98-99.

Unread 23-12-2016, 07:34 AM
thrush

Quote:
Different match - it was the Fa Cup tie at Boro that finished Blanc when he ducked the kick out and let Noel £#%&!ing Whelan in one on one.

looking back its crazy to think we won the league that season given how poor we were in December. Think that Boro defeat kick started an unbeaten run a la 98-99.
We got beat a few days after at Blackburn tbf

Unread 23-12-2016, 12:13 PM
AnthonyMartial

What at topsy turvy season 2002/2003 was.

Beating Newcastle, Liverpool and Arsenal in the space of a fortnight to after we had been written off, then losing to Middlesbrough and Blackburn in consecutive games at Christmas after having already lost at City and Leeds as well as at home to Bolton for the second consecutive season I think before winning 15 and drawing 3 of the final 18 games including Forlan's last minute winner at home to Chelsea, the last minute equaliser at Bolton, beating Newcastle at St James Park 6-2, Liverpool at home 4-0 and the 2-2 at Highbury with Fergie revving up the away fans afterwards.

Unread 23-12-2016, 02:13 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Thumbs up

Quote:
Watched that game in a hotel in Pattaya.

Unread 23-12-2016, 02:37 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Remember that well. How many forwards are on the pitch for us .
4-1-5 formation
Sparky chocky beardsmore sharp robins

Unread 23-12-2016, 03:33 PM
woody78

Didn't we have a couple of decent wins at the bridge over Christmas?
The 3-1 game where Irwin scored a freekick was quality.
Also pretty sure we put 4 past them another time. Iirc we were 2 or 3 nil up in about 20 minutes

Unread 23-12-2016, 05:12 PM
Nelson

Quote:
This - got married on New Year's Eve, watched this at home on the Sunday and flew out to Gran Canaria for our honeymoon on the Monday.

Never have decided what was the highlight of those three days

Plus, Everton 2, United 6, Boxing Day 1977. Superb day out.

Unread 23-12-2016, 05:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush
We got beat a few days after at Blackburn tbf
Nope, that was the previous game - Boro was our last league defeat that season.

Unread 23-12-2016, 08:39 PM
CyrilSkeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Nope, that was the previous game - Boro was our last league defeat that season.
The Blackburn one was the one where Friedel had his annual blinder against us, the massive £#%&!ing fraud. I remember him giving it large to the away end at full time.

Unread 23-12-2016, 08:42 PM
Zorg

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispycod
This. I remember the commentator on Piccadilly radio losing his voice from that Kanchelskis goal.
What a £#%&!ing game.

Unread 23-12-2016, 08:50 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Different match - it was the Fa Cup tie at Boro that finished Blanc when he ducked the kick out and let Noel £#%&!ing Whelan in one on one
That was the previous season, no? He still made quite a few appearances in the second half of 2002.

Unread 23-12-2016, 10:59 PM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
This - got married on New Year's Eve, watched this at home on the Sunday and flew out to Gran Canaria for our honeymoon on the Monday.

Never have decided what was the highlight of those three days

Plus, Everton 2, United 6, Boxing Day 1977. Superb day out.
Did the electricity cut out during that Everton match?

Sure I read it in Red Army years (Richard Kurt)

Unread 24-12-2016, 11:14 PM
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMartial
Did the electricity cut out during that Everton match?

Sure I read it in Red Army years (Richard Kurt)
Don't recall that mate, but that's not to say it didn't happen. It's 39 years ago after all.

You never knew with that '77 side - mostly it was Sexton-led turgid shite, but every now and then they'd pull out a performance and a result like that at Goodison, and it gave you false hope for a while.
Closed Thread