United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-06-2014, 04:46 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
Assuming gaal fancies Rooney and rvp. Wouldn't at all be surprise to see pea and rvp getting a better return as a partnership. I know what you're saying though
I find the notion that Lvg won't like Rooney a bit far fetched. Most managers in world football would be happy to have him at their disposal. Rvp will be the main man again, but that doesn't mean Rooney needs to be shut out as a result.

In an ideal world, Hernandez would happily stay and be a reliable third choice striker all his career. But there will come a point where he needs to be selfish. If it's not now, it must surely be next year. He's spent the ages of 22-25 as back up.

Unread 21-06-2014, 04:48 PM
ryanMUFC

Apparently he's already in Moscow. His brother posted a picture on Instagram with him in a hotel there.

Unread 21-06-2014, 04:58 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Has to be most of the god awful squad filler we have:

Evans, Anderson, Buttner, Cleverley, Young, Zaha, Powell. Get rid of those 7 and bring in 3-4 genuinely top younger players and we'd be fine. Not as if we have Champions league football to worry about next season so we don't even need a huge squad. We just need to get more quality.
agree with most of that but not Evans or Zaha (yet)....would get rid of Smalling before Evans...also need to get rid of Welbeck (he wants to go remember), Fletcher, Fellaini and Lindegaard also

Unread 21-06-2014, 05:02 PM
andyroo

Young and Fellaini

Unread 21-06-2014, 05:03 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I find the notion that Lvg won't like Rooney a bit far fetched. Most managers in world football would be happy to have him at their disposal. Rvp will be the main man again, but that doesn't mean Rooney needs to be shut out as a result.
big Kluivers agrees with this

Kluivert said: "I agree with what Robin said about Rooney and I know Van Gaal rates Rooney very highly. They worked superbly in Robin's first season at United and they will do again under Van Gaal. He will get the best out of them both and Rooney will be very important for Van Gaal."

Unread 21-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
agree with most of that but not Evans or Zaha (yet)....would get rid of Smalling before Evans...also need to get rid of Welbeck (he wants to go remember), Fletcher and Lindegaard also
Welbz will become one of our most important players IMO. LvG will £#%&!ing love him.

He's got an intelligent football brain, incredible workrate, selflessness and underated technical ability. (10 points to the first @#%&! who replies with a .gif of his failed stepover in pre-season).

I reckon he'll be brilliant for us as an outside forward in LvG's 4-3-3 system. He's one of the few players in the current squad who adds real pace in attack, too.

Unread 21-06-2014, 05:13 PM
S/Side.Red

How come people still haven't realised Zaha is shit?

Unread 21-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep, same with Anderson.

Unread 21-06-2014, 05:15 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Welbz will become one of our most important players IMO. LvG will £#%&!ing love him.

He's got an intelligent football brain, incredible workrate, selflessness and underated technical ability. (10 points to the first @#%&! who replies with a .gif of his failed stepover in pre-season).

I reckon he'll be brilliant for us as an outside forward in LvG's 4-3-3 system. He's one of the few players in the current squad who adds real pace in attack, too.
he wants to go...along with mate Cleverley

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I'd like to see Van Gaal have Cleverley for a season. You never know...
Agree, he is the sort of player LvG *might* work his magic on

£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Yep, same with Anderson.

Unread 21-06-2014, 05:17 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Probably because it's too early to say that he is.

Unread 21-06-2014, 05:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
I realised first time I ever saw him tbh.

Unread 21-06-2014, 05:20 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I realised first time I ever saw him tbh.
Bloody hell dunk, that was fast!

I can just picture you now...."....wait...I think someone just said Zaha. To the forum!"

Unread 21-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:

I can just picture you now...."....wait...I think someone just said Zaha. To the forum!"
Loves tooting his own horn dunk.

Unread 21-06-2014, 05:31 PM
dunk

Quote:

Just happened to be the first post I saw, and I do like reminding people that Zaha is shit and always has been shit as people seem oblivious to it unless he's actually in the pitch tripping over the ball. He is very Anderson like in that respect.

With reference to Rhodzy, I'd just like to point out I was just about the first aboard the Anderson is shit bus way back in 2008 as well

Unread 21-06-2014, 05:34 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Just happened to be the first post I saw, and I do like reminding people that Zaha is shit and always has been shit as people seem oblivious to it unless he's actually in the pitch tripping over the ball. He is very Anderson like in that respect.

With reference to Rhodzy, I'd just like to point out I was just about the first aboard the Anderson is shit bus way back in 2008 as well
I'm not saying he'll make it, but bit harsh on the lad. He had potential at Palace and has hardly featured for us at all. We should have loaned him back to palace for the season.

Unread 21-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Marvel7

out

Buttner
Fletcher
Fellaini
Anderson
Young
Zaha
Bebe

stay

De Gea
Lindegaard
Rafael
Valencia (don't agree but seems he is staying)
Evra
Smalling
Jones
Evans
Carrick
Cleverly
Kagawa
Mata
Rooney
Van Persie
J@&%!aj
Nani
Wellbeck
Hernandez

in

CB
LB
DM
CM

simples

Unread 21-06-2014, 05:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
I'm not saying he'll make it, but bit harsh on the lad. He had potential at Palace and has hardly featured for us at all. We should have loaned him back to palace for the season.
He did, I just don't think he had United level potential. I've not seen anything impressive enough about him at Palace, United or Cardiff to suggest he will ever make it at United. He'll be a decent, Jermaine Pennant level player in the prem. we will never get anything like what we paid for him back.

Should have left him there and negotiated a first option deal should he have ever turned out decent rather than wasting money on him.

Unread 21-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
out

Buttner
Fletcher
Fellaini
Anderson
Young
Zaha
Bebe

stay

De Gea
Lindegaard
Rafael
Valencia (don't agree but seems he is staying)
Evra
Smalling
Jones
Evans
Carrick
Cleverly
Kagawa
Mata
Rooney
Van Persie
J@&%!aj
Nani
Wellbeck
Hernandez

in

CB
LB
DM
CM

simples
Marvel7 is on fire. This is exactly what should be done. Reluctantly add Pea to that, he deserves a shot at being #1.

Sell those 8, plus Giggs of course and add 4.

As Sparkles says, no CL so blood Wilson/Powell etc. as much as possible.
Closed Thread