United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Baron

Default Re: Can city carry on scoring like this for the rest of the season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the watcher
yea, "dignity" and "class" are becoming increasingly familiar parts of the average united fans vocabulary. That's not a good sign btw.

Unread 06-11-2011, 12:14 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I agree we shouldn't start sounding like RAWK - but, their own "fans" aside, does *anybody* out there (even the most rabid ABUs) truly genuinely respect and admire ciddy??

If they do win lots of stuff in the next few years, they will become more hated and resented than even we ever were - nqat.
Exactly.

Whats happened at City could've happened at Wigan.Wenger built a quality side, I can respect that.

I don't respect £#%&! all about City's 'grand plan'.Spend a trillion on players who would rather be elsewhere but can't turn down the cash - ace.£#%&! them.If you cant see the diff between what we've done and what City have, that's your own problem.

There's no conspiracy about City, it's not their managers evil meddling that might win them stuff, or corruption, it's just mental money - so there's no RAWKism with me.

Unread 06-11-2011, 12:14 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Surprised you and Crumps weren't there waiting for me. Shepherd's Bush is full of scrubbers.
He done us like a pair of kippers there Neo.

Ouch

Unread 06-11-2011, 12:23 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I agree we shouldn't start sounding like RAWK - but, their own "fans" aside, does *anybody* out there (even the most rabid ABUs) truly genuinely respect and admire ciddy??

If they do win lots of stuff in the next few years, they will become more hated and resented than even we ever were - nqat.
I don't give a rats @#%&! what #@&%!s supporting other shit teams think about those bastards. City being 'hated' won't make it any easier when they're winning the League.

Just the thought of watching them win a League title or European Cup, things that will happen in the not so distant future, make me want to vomit.

Unread 06-11-2011, 12:50 AM
jem

city looked vulnerable today. arsenal and chelsea could beat them.

we'll still have a shit midfield. where we are, we can't think beyond swansea and newcastle being hard games for us. our form is mid-table.

last year, that was good enough to win the league. this year it won't be.

Unread 06-11-2011, 12:51 AM
MUFC One Love

They had one defender defender suspended and looked wide open. We've had defenders injured alot so far this season.

They have got a lot of big games to come.

Unread 06-11-2011, 12:52 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
last year, that was good enough to win the league. this year it won't be.
Don't say that, a few think last season we proved how good we are etc.

With this midfield we will struggle this season. He needs to buy in January.

Unread 06-11-2011, 12:56 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
He needs to buy in January.
Who Fergie/Utd? Not a £#%&!ing chance will Utd sign a decent midfielder in January. That's all that's need too, not world class but decent. Because atm Cleverley aside no one also has even reached that level this season.

Unread 06-11-2011, 12:57 AM
jem

he needs to play carrick, cleverley and fabio and not fletch, ando and park.

Whalefish

On current form Citeh will piss the leage. In Silva they've got the best PL player, by some distance too. They've got another 3 or 4 that aren't far off either.

Sparky***

It doesn't matter how city play, unless we can find something resembling a decent performance and sort our mess of a midfield out, we're not going to be anywhere near them to take advantage of any dips in their form.

Fwiw, I think they'll probably win the league. Their squad has unbelievable quality and depth.

I agree with watcher, city fans won't give a £#%&! that they've done this the "easy" way and other fans won't think less of them, they'll just be delighted its not us winning anything.

Unread 06-11-2011, 01:00 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he needs to play carrick, cleverley and fabio and not fletch, ando and park.
Not going to waste my time thinking about options anymore or quality in a Utd midfield. That a midfield three? It's pretty good but chances of that lot ever being picked in such a midfield?

Not sure midfield is something Fergie even thinks about these days. Just get it out wide, it'll never become turgid and predictable etc etc blah blah blah.

Unread 06-11-2011, 01:00 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It doesn't matter how city play, unless we can find something resembling a decent performance and sort our mess of a midfield out, we're not going to be anywhere near them to take advantage of any dips in their form.

Fwiw, I think they'll probably win the league. Their squad has unbelievable quality and depth.

I agree with watcher, city fans won't give a £#%&! that they've done this the "easy" way and other fans won't think less of them, they'll just be delighted its not us winning anything.
hardly surprising given the dollar spent.

Unread 06-11-2011, 01:01 AM
jem

I don't remember too many of our fans not giving a shit about the 19th just because our football was shite.

incidentally, if city will win it the wrong way, it's more wrong the glazers are tolerated. the right thing to do would be to get rid of the @#%&!s whatever it takes (then we could actually compete with city financially). right for united and right for football.

Unread 06-11-2011, 01:15 AM
Stickman

when its us v them in March and they get a bad result, their arses will go. Here is no worse team to have chasing you than Utd. I think their stoppage time spree against us has clouded judgement a little, I dont think theyre as good as Mourinho's Chelsea because of their defending.

Unread 06-11-2011, 01:17 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Don't say that, a few think last season we proved how good we are etc.

With this midfield we will struggle this season. He needs to buy in January.
Cant see us buying anyone. No biggish club will want to sell, and I dont think the money is there anyway, hence Fergie's comments in the summer about not holding back pogba.

Unread 06-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
hardly surprising given the dollar spent.
Hmm. Yes, but once city stopped all this ludicrous idea of buying Kaka and Ronaldo, and actually started targeting players not just to cause a stir - they're reaping the rewards on the pitch.

Silva, Nasri, Toure, Aguero. All fantastically talented players bought for money that is (allegedly) in our price range and whom would walk into our team right now.

They've spent a load, but then so have Chelsea. They have a £50m striker who couldn't hit a barn door at the moment.

City are doing well because they play to system that they all know and have bought players to slot into that system when needed. Contrast that with our complete shambles of round pegs in square holes and you see where the problems lie.

Unread 06-11-2011, 01:33 AM
Grimson

They'll keep on scoring, but will also drop points and have a critical injury or two. It'll be up to us to stay within shouting distance to take advantage. They could easily lose a 5-point lead, but I doubt they'd lose 10.

Unread 06-11-2011, 01:33 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
City are doing well because they play to system that they all know and have bought players to slot into that system when needed.
They've also got owners who seem to be putting much more trust in their manager and letting him get on with it. Abramovich has always meddled in football matters, but the Arabs don't seem to be doing that at all; they just provide the cash and let the football people run the football side of things, and its working. Look at the Tevez fiasco as an example of that.

Its a long season though, and if we can stay within touching distance until the New Year and then get a bit of luck with fitness I'd still fancy us to have a good chance. Fergie is the master and from January to May we traditionally hit our best form.

The big worry for me is an injury to Rooney; if he picks up a bad one I think it will be curtains for us as we rely on him so much. City don't have a single player that they can't replace with like-for-like quality, even Silva can be replaced by Nasri.

Unread 06-11-2011, 01:45 AM
jem

they could easily lose a 5-point lead.

that's not really the question, though.
Closed Thread