United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-11-2017, 06:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Meanwhile he's at PSG playing in a team who score loads, and we're knocking it long to a less injured Andy Carroll.
He's not contributing much to that though is he? No goals in the league so far and he doesn't tend to start in the CL.

Truth is since leaving Benfica he's only had one great season and that was the one that saw him booted out of Madrid

Unread 06-11-2017, 07:02 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Ah OK.

Regardless, he hated Manchester so it is what it is
at least the person that hated Manchester actually got a house and moved his family

Unread 20-01-2018, 02:52 PM
Neo

Football

Big couple of league games coming up for Big Rom. Burnley today, traditionally the type of game we've bought him for in terms of steamrolling the dross of the league, followed up by Spurs at Wembley, a classic big game, which is the type he consistently flatters to deceive in.

I thought he was very good away at Leicester, and excellent at home to Stoke. Hopefully his confidence is coming back.

I think if we wrap up Sanchez and get him in the team ASAP, then Lukaku could flourish. C'mon Big Rom!

Unread 20-01-2018, 02:57 PM
MagnificentSeven

gets too much stick imo. he's had a few shockers here but overall he's done quite a good job so far. the problem is that when you're number 9 at united you need to be a genuine world class player, which he is not.

also martial is a better player.

Unread 20-01-2018, 03:01 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
gets too much stick imo. he's had a few shockers here but overall he's done quite a good job so far. the problem is that when you're number 9 at united you need to be a genuine world class player, which he is not.
Yep, that's a fair enough assessment imo

I like him and think apart from the odd game he's done well enough

The one thing I am disappointed with his lack of bullying ability, I'd have though that a bloke his size would be able to out muscle pretty much anyone. Hopefully will come with experience though, forget sometimes that he's only 24.

Unread 20-01-2018, 09:54 PM
20 times

Lovely assist today.

Unread 21-01-2018, 12:10 AM
Cream

Embarrassing at times.

Unread 21-01-2018, 12:33 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Embarrassing at times.
Lukaku's place may be under threat from Monday

Unread 21-01-2018, 12:53 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
No it won't be. Mata is the one who will drop out. I se Utd going with a front 3 of Martial, Lukaku & Alexis. Whether he still plays Jesse in behind or goes with 3 in midfield is the question

Unread 21-01-2018, 01:02 AM
History

I nearly celebrated his header on a defensive corner like a goal. Was so shocked he got anything on it

Unread 21-01-2018, 01:02 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
No it won't be. Mata is the one who will drop out. I se Utd going with a front 3 of Martial, Lukaku & Alexis. Whether he still plays Jesse in behind or goes with 3 in midfield is the question

I think you're probably right to be honest.

Poor Juan Mata he sees off Henrikh Mkhitaryan only to be presented with Alexis Sanchez as a new challenge to his place in the team.

Unread 21-01-2018, 01:23 AM
Kangared

Quote:

Poor Juan Mata he sees off Henrikh Mkhitaryan only to be presented with Alexis Sanchez as a new challenge to his place in the team.
Give Mata his due, he was expected to be 1st out of the door when Jose arrived. I doubt he will start many more games in a Utd shirt .

Unread 21-01-2018, 01:32 AM
utd99

When he pulls out wide he’s actually quite good.

Quote:
Give Mata his due, he was expected to be 1st out of the door when Jose arrived. I doubt he will start many more games in a Utd shirt .
Shame. Great touch and awareness but the game’s passed him by physically.

Unread 21-01-2018, 01:33 AM
sub three hours

Quote:

I think you're right but it will be intetesting to see what happens as Sanchez could in theory actually give more competition to Lingard, not Mata.

Sanchez, has recently been played mostly on the left for Arsenal where as Mata has mostly been playing on our right.

Unread 21-01-2018, 01:37 AM
Luffy

Lukaku is the best passer/crosser of all our strikers. The others are shambolic by comparison. Lukaku gets absolutely shite service from the headless chickens.

Unread 21-01-2018, 02:06 AM
utd99

Quote:
Sanchez could in theory actually give more competition to Lingard.
Why, is he a good dancer?

Unread 21-01-2018, 06:19 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Worryingly I think it won’t be... expect him to be on the right

Unread 21-01-2018, 06:31 AM
dunk

Quote:

Er, think Jesseh is the one that has seen off Mkhitaryan, Mata is just managing to scrape the occasional start because we have no-one to play off the right.

Unread 01-02-2018, 08:44 AM
S/Side.Red

Unread 01-02-2018, 08:47 AM
Mr_Ed

He’s got to go... he’s £#%&!ing bobbins and if he doesn’t get the ball where he wants it he throws his hands up or stands there with them on his hips.
Closed Thread