Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
I heard the audio.

Nothing has changed.

No way back.
This.

Unread 29-07-2023, 10:35 AM
armchair

The audio was damning but marrying the 'victim' is strong evidence too.

If she forgives him, so can I.

Unread 29-07-2023, 10:45 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
It would also be interesting to see how many here have mates who may have hit their wives (under the influence of alcohol or not)
maybe even under a bad result or a bad day at work. The answer definately isn’t 0.

I have daughters and i also am forgiving to a young 18 year old lad.. he made a mistake. She has forgiven. He has learnt his lesson.
You have absolutely zero clue if he's 'learned his lesson'.

On a personal level I don't think he should play again for us.

On a commercial level, he probably will.

On a macro level, the reality there's probably other high profile players that have done similar or worse. Not that that excuses it of course in any shape or form, it's just the likely reality.

Find it hard to understand those who think he's done nothing 'wrong'. Maybe they were seeing and hearing different things.

Unread 29-07-2023, 10:47 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

On a personal level I don't think he should play again for us.

On a commercial level, he probably will.

On a macro level, the reality there's probably other high profile players that have done similar or worse. Not that that excuses it of course in any shape or form, it's just the likely reality.

Find it hard to understand those who think he's done nothing 'wrong'. Maybe they were seeing and hearing different things.
Most people didn't hear the audio and never will.

Unread 29-07-2023, 10:51 AM
marlo

Quote:

its most likely he has learnt his lesson..

we went to jail for a few days, harsh reality check for a pampered and indulged footballer.

he has made amends with his missus, her family and more likely that not on the right path.
compassion needs to be shown.
ETH doesn't seem to have a problem with him , that blindingly obvious and he will be privy to all the information regarding what is going on.

Unread 29-07-2023, 10:53 AM
jem

Quote:
Find it hard to understand those who think he's done nothing 'wrong'.
no one thinks that.

Unread 29-07-2023, 10:57 AM
Patty_b

If he's a changed man then all the best to him, he can still £#%&! off. If it happened to my sister and the man involved proclaimed he was a changed man then the same, all the best to him in his life going forward, but I wouldn't want her to go near him again, and if she did then I'd fully expect to be hearing about something else in the future.

Whether he's 'forgiven' or not, it changes nothing about what he actually did and what he is capable of behind closed doors.

Unread 29-07-2023, 10:58 AM
dunk

I've tried to convince myself he's coming back and if she's forgiven him it must be fine, but the prospect of him playing or scoring for United just doesn't sit right. Even if it's get a season and sell him, no.

It's an absolutely disgusting situation and I sympathise with the club, if it were happening to City or Liverpool we'd be delighted and admonishing them for even considering bringing him back, rightly.

Part of me is hoping the 18 months out has done for him and he's not good enough anymore, can't get in the team and just disappears into obscurity.

Unread 29-07-2023, 11:00 AM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I've tried to convince myself he's coming back and if she's forgiven him it must be fine, but the prospect of him playing or scoring for United just doesn't sit right. Even if it's get a season and sell him, no.

It's an absolutely disgusting situation and I sympathise with the club, if it were happening to City or Liverpool we'd be delighted and admonishing them for even considering bringing him back, rightly.

Part of me is hoping the 18 months out has done for him and he's not good enough anymore, can't get in the team and just disappears into obscurity.
This sums it up

Unread 29-07-2023, 11:12 AM
Coracao

Difficult to sympathise with the club when this is dragging on into August with seemingly no decision made.

It will be 6 months since the charges were dropped next week.

If he is playing for Utd, he should have been back in pre-season when all the players reported back - after a summer working with the club on getting fit.

Leaders are paid to make decisions, and seems no one wants to make one.

Unread 29-07-2023, 11:16 AM
dunk

I wouldn't have said there were any proper decision makers at United beyond the owners tbh, as they have to sign everything off one way or another which is why everything takes a bastard age.

The Glazers come across as proper ditherers to me tbh. Even if someone is presenting them with cohesive decisions, they can't sign them off with any haste.

Agreed btw. This has dragged on far too long and has been a constant dark cloud hanging over the club. Shit or get off the pot. Rip the bandaid off. Just £#%&!ing do it.

Unread 29-07-2023, 11:18 AM
marlo

this question might make me change my mind. he might need to leave for his own good.

Unread 29-07-2023, 11:25 AM
armchair

I'd have got rid even though I can forgive him. It's too much noise around the United brand and will get exponentially worse.

Unread 29-07-2023, 11:59 AM
FraUtd

Doesn't even matter if the club get sponsors on board with him returning, the minute he's seen on a United team sheet the backlash will be huge, whether anyone thinks it's justified or not.

All sorts of victims groups wil have their press releases ready to go.
The amount of headlines and on street interviews for public opinion will be off the scale.

He's toxic now and if the club are entertaining anything other than binning him off, they're cracked in the head

Unread 29-07-2023, 12:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraUtd
Doesn't even matter if the club get sponsors on board with him returning, the minute he's seen on a United team sheet the backlash will be huge, whether anyone thinks it's justified or not.

All sorts of victims groups wil have their press releases ready to go.
The amount of headlines and on street interviews for public opinion will be off the scale.

He's toxic now and if the club are entertaining anything other than binning him off, they're cracked in the head
Definitely this.

Unread 29-07-2023, 12:04 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
https://twitter.com/UnitedRadar/stat...048623621?s=20

this question might make me change my mind. he might need to leave for his own good.
Are you suggesting ETH is the problem? Weird.

I think the answer to whether he should be allowed back can be answered more honestly by asking, what if it was The Scottish Player or maguire or Weghorst. I’m not sure there are too many who would want them so, for consistency, even a prospect like greenwood can’t be allowed back.

Unread 29-07-2023, 12:15 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Difficult to sympathise with the club when this is dragging on into August with seemingly no decision made.

It will be 6 months since the charges were dropped next week.

If he is playing for Utd, he should have been back in pre-season when all the players reported back - after a summer working with the club on getting fit.

Leaders are paid to make decisions, and seems no one wants to make one.
Yep. Whatever people’s personal opinion on what they think the decision should be, surely everyone can agree that United have handled it in a pretty shite manner, just letting it drag on and on

Unread 29-07-2023, 12:17 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yep. Whatever people’s personal opinion on what they think the decision should be, surely everyone can agree that United have handled it in a pretty shite manner, just letting it drag on and on
This.

He must be sold.

Going public on this has cost United £100m and Greenwood and his bride millions

Fascinating to reflect on if everyone could do it all again, would they??