United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-03-2018, 01:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Carrick?

He’s looking for a new job come the end of the season.
Could work. Has that quite confused almost gormless look at times. Could be a very deceptive negotiating tool.

Unread 29-03-2018, 01:29 PM
Chris Quayd

"The Manchester United director of football operations will not be involved with any transfer or scouting activity at the club.

It is understood that Jose Mourinho will retain autonomy as United manager despite calls from certain supporters for a traditional director of football to oversee their recruitment.

It is understood the director of football operations' remit is a new role which is an updated version of the traditional club secretary role. It heads up logistics, facilities, travel registrations and other similar departments."

Unread 29-03-2018, 01:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
"The Manchester United director of football operations will not be involved with any transfer or scouting activity at the club.

It is understood that Jose Mourinho will retain autonomy as United manager despite calls from certain supporters for a traditional director of football to oversee their recruitment.

It is understood the director of football operations' remit is a new role which is an updated version of the traditional club secretary role. It heads up logistics, facilities, travel registrations and other similar departments."
So basically not a Director of Football.

Unread 29-03-2018, 01:33 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
first thing this new director of football needs to do is ridicule Nemanja Matic for driving his wifes car to work

Id wager he's more than a man you'll ever be.

Unread 29-03-2018, 01:39 PM
My Name is Keith

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd

Oh dear.

Unread 29-03-2018, 01:46 PM
Curtis

Wouldn't be surprised if this also heralds a more frugal approach to transfer spending. May be that Woody doesn't fancy taking the shit for what's in the mail so he's content to sidestep it by taking a non-public role.

I'm told there was a meeting the other week where the club stated they were shelving plans to redevelop the south stand in order to invest heavily in the playing staff this summer. There was nothing concrete given to me but the general sums being thrown around were circa 300 mill for the stand. It also needs to be noted that this was before we got dumped out f the CL and the budgets had to be heavily adjusted. Whether or not that was accurate or how much of that was planned to be used on the squad, I couldn't say. Could be they've decided to have a final run at catching city's squad before battening down the hatches and looking at a more serviceable financial future.

Also FIFA/UEFA continue to talk about implementing a transfer cap (currently mooted at around 100 mil euros per season). That was suggested to come in at the end of this season but that now looks highly unlikely. One way or another though, some form of it is probably coming. I'd imagine we'll see a lot of heavy spending going on from large clubs with that looming in the future. If it comes in, all contracts, releases and future windows will change massively. Something I can't see being appealing to Woodward as more and more fees have to be back-doored through shady bonuses, percentages of companies, deeds to properties and a myriad of other sketchy shit. It'll be a total mess and awash with constant investigations. Just like FFP and any other attempt at financial regulation, for all the honorable intention, it will just create more problems than it solves.

Makes much more sense for Woodward to put a buffer between himself and a boat load of legally dubious deals. Much better to appoint someone to take the fall for it if it all blows up under official scrutiny. He can just appoint someone else and continue as before.

Unread 29-03-2018, 01:47 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses

Id wager he's more than a man you'll ever be.
i'd wager he is as well. Given i'm a woman

you stupid @#%&!

Unread 29-03-2018, 01:55 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:

you stupid c***
How come you can still post on this thread? f*** knows why you shoe horned a picture of Matic in a f***ing mini in Jemima Clarkson.

Unread 29-03-2018, 02:39 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
How come you can still post on this thread? £#%&! knows why you shoe horned a picture of Matic in a £#%&!ing mini in Jemima Clarkson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever
"Not guilty 'yer' honour she deliberately bumped into me, just as I was
practising my karate..! 'wipe on...wipe off! Oohps!

Pleased that you read my posts earhole, I will take it as a great compliment! lol

Unread 29-03-2018, 03:52 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
New secretary
"the job's yours...you've charmed me"

Unread 29-03-2018, 04:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

you stupid @#%&!
Now *that* I didn't know

Would explain a fair bit, though

Unread 29-03-2018, 05:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Now *that* I didn't know

Would explain a fair bit, though
Wow.

Unread 29-03-2018, 05:30 PM
waynes ear's

glad i'm actually not, or i'd be in the basement with ericas skeleton

Unread 29-03-2018, 05:32 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
false director.

Unread 29-03-2018, 05:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
glad i'm actually not, or i'd be in the basement with ericas skeleton
Woah.

Unread 29-03-2018, 05:49 PM
saffers

Quote:
Ribalta is in charge of the scouting/transfer stuff. Bit like Juve when he was the transfer god and Fabio Paratici was the sporting director(basically doing everything else).

Unread 29-03-2018, 05:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Ribalta is in charge of the scouting/transfer stuff. Bit like Juve when he was the transfer god and Fabio Paratici was the sporting director(basically doing everything else).
Who makes the bigger decisions, though? Including assessment of the manager and the longer term vision etc?

Woodward probably.

Unread 29-03-2018, 06:07 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
false director.

Unread 29-03-2018, 06:34 PM
saffers

Quote:
Who makes the bigger decisions, though? Including assessment of the manager and the longer term vision etc?

Woodward probably.

Unread 29-03-2018, 08:58 PM
utd99

Should give it to Norma Charlton. She’s been dragged to every game for 50 years, might as well put her to use.
Closed Thread