United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-09-2018, 11:13 AM
ScarFace

Zidane told Spanish broadcaster TVE that he plans to be back in the game very shortly. Zidane said: 'Yes, surely. Soon I will return to training because it is what I like and is what I have done all my life.'

Unread 10-09-2018, 12:02 PM
Neo

Football

Not sure I rate Zidane too highly in terms of strategy and tactical nous, and I think he benefited largely from having the best squad in world football at his disposal, as well as the outrageously consistent good luck that Madrid have in the Champions League.

Nevertheless, his biggest strength seems to be gaining respect and authority over world-class players, and getting them invested in his vision, and that is such a key skill in the modern era of player power.

I’m not really someone that is enamoured with his style of play, which is largely functional and pragmatic, but I think he would have a significantly positive impact on the contentment and motivation of several clearly unhappy players, particularly Pogba, Martial and Rashford, which would improve us massively, and get some of our identity as a club back.

Unread 10-09-2018, 01:01 PM
ScarFace

Yes it's clear he had a great team, squad and was pretty settled and he wouldn't have done as well had he been our manager the last 3 years......but as of now i doubt we could get much better that is willing to come.

Unread 10-09-2018, 01:10 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Yes it's clear he had a great team, squad and was pretty settled and he wouldn't have done as well had he been our manager the last 3 years......but as of now i doubt we could get much better that is willing to come.
what about as Director of football?

And then get a proper coach in. We're manchester united and pay the biggest wages in football

Unread 10-09-2018, 01:27 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
what about as Director of football?

And then get a proper coach in. We're manchester united and pay the biggest wages in football
I think he's just done that at Juve for money and to stay in the game until his next managers job. I doubt he'd come here as that.....but it would be great, as we'd have a replacement ready for when Jose is sacked once top4 is gone.

Makes too much sense though. We're run by mega mongs so expect the worse handling of the situation possible.

Unread 10-09-2018, 05:43 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Not sure I rate Zidane too highly in terms of strategy and tactical nous, and I think he benefited largely from having the best squad in world football at his disposal, as well as the outrageously consistent good luck that Madrid have in the Champions League.

Nevertheless, his biggest strength seems to be gaining respect and authority over world-class players, and getting them invested in his vision, and that is such a key skill in the modern era of player power.

I’m not really someone that is enamoured with his style of play, which is largely functional and pragmatic, but I think he would have a significantly positive impact on the contentment and motivation of several clearly unhappy players, particularly Pogba, Martial and Rashford, which would improve us massively, and get some of our identity as a club back.
If you think he plays a pragmatic style how the £#%&! is that going to get our identity back ?
£#%&! keeping Pogba & Martial happy . They should waking up every morning absolutely delighted with their lot in life .

Unread 10-09-2018, 06:19 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Indeed so. Nagelsmann, touted as the next big thing in management, said he thinks even these days it's 30% tactics and 70% having the social skills to communicate and manage the players. ZZ was able to get Ronaldo to agree to resting him, which must take some doing.

Unread 10-09-2018, 06:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Indeed so. Nagelsmann, touted as the next big thing in management, said he thinks even these days it's 30% tactics and 70% having the social skills to communicate and manage the players. ZZ was able to get Ronaldo to agree to resting him, which must take some doing.
As in, he agreed with it so much that he moved to Juventus?

Unread 10-09-2018, 06:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
As in, he agreed with it so much that he moved to Juventus?
Wonder who his next manager will be there

Unread 10-09-2018, 06:35 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Big naggers

One of my shouts about 8 months ago

Unread 10-09-2018, 06:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Big naggers

One of my shouts about 8 months ago
Weird that he's officially signed for Leipzig for next season but doing his last year in Hoffenheim in the meantime.

Only in Germany you get this type of thing. Ultimate professionalism just assumed.

Unread 10-09-2018, 07:05 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

Your avatars are quite frankly amazing, but the fingers on this one freak me the £#%&!out #alienfacehugger

Unread 10-09-2018, 09:43 PM
Red Al

First job is to see if his wife is willing to up sticks and move to Manchester

Unread 10-09-2018, 10:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
First job is to see if his wife is willing to up sticks and move to Manchester
You would think it is Mogadishu the way some behave

Unread 11-09-2018, 04:08 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Indeed so. Nagelsmann, touted as the next big thing in management, said he thinks even these days it's 30% tactics and 70% having the social skills to communicate and manage the players.
Always has been. I think 70% underestimates it.

Unread 26-09-2018, 06:32 AM
windy waffles

Think it's only a matter off time before this magnificent bastard jets in. I know some aren't keen but there is no denying the lift he would give to the players especially the likes of Pogba and Martial.

Unread 26-09-2018, 07:01 AM
andyroo

The only lift Pogba needs is to Ringway

Unread 26-09-2018, 07:27 AM
waynes ear's

anyone who wants Zidane in needs sectioning. He'd be the next manager £#%&!ed off for piss poor football / results and not making our collection of festering shit@#%&!s into world beaters

Unread 26-09-2018, 07:42 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
anyone who wants Zidane in needs sectioning. He'd be the next manager £#%&!ed off for piss poor football / results and not making our collection of festering shit@#%&!s into world beaters
Who would you have in then? Genuine question - not trying to antagonise?

Unread 26-09-2018, 07:48 AM
doudou

If Zidane left Madrid because it's a circus he's never going to come to United. He'd be on a hiding to nothing, plus he has zero connection to English football and doesn't speak English.

Anyone who thinks he'll replace Mourinho is delusional.
Closed Thread