United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-09-2013, 01:17 PM
dunk

Nani has been suspended and/or injured for most of the season thus far tbf.

Unread 23-09-2013, 01:22 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Nani has been suspended and/or injured for most of the season thus far tbf.
Yeah, this was only the third game since Liverpool, he was suspended against Bayer and I could understand the argument not using him yesterday given his obvious inconsistencies (whatever you think of Valencia). But an appearance against Palace, especially given that he couldn't play Tuesday, wouldn't have gone amiss, nor indeed a sub appearance yesterday after the damage was done.

Unread 23-09-2013, 01:24 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Like Fergie of the last few years then?

Valencia and Welbeck/Young on the wins and Nani getting treated like shit. This is nothing new.
Exactly like that. But Ferguson had motivational skills, gravitas and 20 years of success behind him.

Not sure what Moyes has tbh. TB by the look of it.

Unread 23-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Grimson

Which other of Europe's big clubs would Young and Valencia start for?

Sad times....

Unread 23-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Zorg

The problem with picking wingers who track back is when they don't track back. Like Valencia yesterday.

Unread 23-09-2013, 01:39 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
The problem with picking wingers who track back is when they don't track back. Like Valencia yesterday.
Wouldn't mind that if he was any use at the other end. You know, you score four we'll score five. Instead of you score four we'll make extremely heavy weather of scoring one.

Unread 23-09-2013, 01:40 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Exactly.
If we wanted a winger to lose his man we could have played Nani.
At least Nani might have stuck one in the top corner from 30 yards ffs

None of the players look like they're enjoying their Football at all tbh

Unread 23-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenwrightsWallet
Last season?

It goes back to 2011 mate

Played in the 1-0 loss to QPR first game of the season and was handed MOTM, Played the next game against Blackburn gave away a pen was hauled off and never seen a starting place again that season

Played him in 15-20 min cameos towards the back end of last season

He's played 90 mins in every game so far this season
You can draw a lot of parallels between Barkley & Pogba

Unfortunately Pogba left and we effectively had to sign Fellers for close to £30M - who isn't half the player Pogba is

So you kinda understand why SAF would have hand picked Moyes, they're practically the same person bar SAF's ability to win trophies despite the obvious lack of quality

£#%&! me. I really miss SAF

Unread 23-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Which other of Europe's big clubs would Young and Valencia start for?

Sad times....
i remember getting absolutely slated on here for saying something similar about zaha.

apparently bayern, barca, madrid etc aren't our rivals, so it doesn't matter. or something.

Unread 23-09-2013, 02:57 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i remember getting absolutely slated on here for saying something similar about zaha.

apparently bayern, barca, madrid etc aren't our rivals, so it doesn't matter. or something.
Zaha doesn't start for us. And he's still young and might get there yet.

Unread 23-09-2013, 03:00 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
None of the players look like they're enjoying their Football at all tbh
I'm not surprised. Two holding midfielders and two wingers picked for their defensive attributes. Keeper and centre backs booting it at every opportunity. Carrick clearly instructed to play it first time to the forwards and full backs who attempt a cross the moment they cross the half way line. I can’t even bring myself to discuss that clown with the afro. Utter dog shit.

Unread 23-09-2013, 03:22 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I'm not surprised. Two holding midfielders and two wingers picked for their defensive attributes. Keeper and centre backs booting it at every opportunity. Carrick clearly instructed to play it first time to the forwards and full backs who attempt a cross the moment they cross the half way line. I can’t even bring myself to discuss that clown with the afro. Utter dog shit.

Unread 23-09-2013, 03:52 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Unread 23-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Zaha doesn't start for us. And he's still young and might get there yet.

good one, pal.

Unread 23-09-2013, 04:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Last season?

It goes back to 2011 mate

Played in the 1-0 loss to QPR first game of the season and was handed MOTM, Played the next game against Blackburn gave away a pen was hauled off and never seen a starting place again that season

Played him in 15-20 min cameos towards the back end of last season

He's played 90 mins in every game so far this season
Quote:
He had nothing to lose at Everton playing young players

Whats the worst that could happen? We finish 10th or 11th, It would not matter he was untouchable, He would never have been sacked

At Utd he will not have the bottle to risk playing an unknown youth player or someone like Zaha in fear that it back fires

He's so far out of his depth at Utd it's frighting
Christ

Never really been on the Zaha bandwagon, tbh. But either way, I think it would have been harsh to throw him in so early, given the pressure the team is under in these first couple of months, especially as he's never even played Premier League football before. People saying he can't be any worse than Valencia obviously didn't see him in Sweden in pre-season or during his England cameo.

But the Nani one baffles me. He's fully fit and has been for weeks. Yet he couldn't even get on the bench against Palace and didn't get a kick yesterday in a match where both our wingers were awful. It's bizarre.

Unread 23-09-2013, 04:05 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Christ

Never really been on the Zaha bandwagon, tbh. But either way, I think it would have been harsh to throw him in so early, given the pressure the team is under in these first couple of months, especially as he's never even played Premier League football before. People saying he can't be any worse than Valencia obviously didn't see him in Sweden in pre-season or during his England cameo.

But the Nani one baffles me. He's fully fit and has been for weeks. Yet he couldn't even get on the bench against Palace and didn't get a kick yesterday in a match where both our wingers were awful. It's bizarre.
...and he signed a new deal last week. He should be first choice. Just what is going on in training for him not to be selected for games?

Zaha impressed on pre-season, while the standard wasn't great he was positive and looks to take people on. I don't mind players losing the ball as long as they are positive, he also does his bit tracking back too which is important seen as though we are now a defensive first team.

Unread 23-09-2013, 04:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
...and he signed a new deal last week. He should be first choice. Just what is going on in training for him not to be selected for games?

Zaha impressed on pre-season, while the standard wasn't great he was positive and looks to take people on. I don't mind players losing the ball as long as they are positive, he also does his bit tracking back too which is important seen as though we are now a defensive first team.
It's not hard to be positive against Thailand all-stars. Those games are really about fitness. The performance doesn't mean much. And there was a significant drop-off in his performance when the opposition level stepped up. He was really bad for most of the game in Sweden.

Easy to pan Moyes for everything, but as much as people seem to think the answer for everything is changing as many players as possible, I don't think Zaha is ready. And you could easily ruin him by throwing him in too early. Probably should have gone straight out on loan.

Unread 23-09-2013, 04:16 PM
rafabio

The argument for valencia is baffling. A sunday league defender could completely shut valencia off by just ensuring valencia has to come inside at every opportunity. You can see clearly in matches. As soon as the defender shows inside, valencia just looks to pass it to some one else.

Unread 23-09-2013, 04:17 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's not hard to be positive against Thailand all-stars. Those games are really about fitness. The performance doesn't mean much. And there was a significant drop-off in his performance when the opposition level stepped up. He was really bad for most of the game in Sweden.

Easy to pan Moyes for everything, but as much as people seem to think the answer for everything is changing as many players as possible, I don't think Zaha is ready. And you could easily ruin him by throwing him in too early. Probably should have gone straight out on loan.
Yeah standard wasn't great but attitude was, i'd rather watch him attack a defender than pass it back to Pat and £#%&! everything up. I personally would give the lad a chance, it has to be better than what Young/Valencia are producing right now.

Be interesting to see which side Nani plays on when/if he returns, right side is his best but we seem to always want to play him on the left.

Unread 23-09-2013, 04:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Yeah standard wasn't great but attitude was, i'd rather watch him attack a defender than pass it back to Pat and £#%&! everything up. I personally would give the lad a chance, it has to be better than what Young/Valencia are producing right now.

Be interesting to see which side Nani plays on when/if he returns, right side is his best but we seem to always want to play him on the left.
I disagree re Valencia. After all, Valencia has had some good games this season and has scored a couple of goals. Bit of a stretch to suggest that's the minimum Zaha would do had he been playing instead. Young I'd kinda agree with because he's offered so little, but Zaha's confidence could be more fragile than we think. After all, I thought he looked a little overawed against Wigan at Wembley and when playing for England. You can't ignore that.

Easiest thing in the world to say it'll all change if we switch as many players as possible, but if Zaha isn't ready, as those performances would suggest, then you'll only further damage his confidence by chucking him into Manchester derbies too early.
Closed Thread