United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2009, 09:16 PM
wiganste

Thumbs up The swagger was back today

It was there for all to see. A great big £#%&! YOU, we're United and if you think you're £#%&!ing good enough, have a go.

It was only Fulham some will say. This is the same Fulham that have been quite good at home this season.

Some of today's passing and movement (on a really shite pitch) was a joy to watch. We could well be back into the groove, at the business end of the season. Lot's of trophies to play for, I feel pretty confident we'll be seeing at least 2 more this season.

Unread 07-03-2009, 09:21 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
It was there for all to see. A great big £#%&! YOU, we're United and if you think you're £#%&!ing good enough, have a go.

It was only Fulham some will say. This is the same Fulham that have been quite good at home this season.

Some of today's passing and movement (on a really shite pitch) was a joy to watch. We could well be back into the groove, at the business end of the season. Lot's of trophies to play for, I feel pretty confident we'll be seeing at least 2 more this season.
One of the best home records in the league, hard to beat too. (apart from today), they did carve out some decent chances too.

Unread 07-03-2009, 09:27 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
One of the best home records in the league, hard to beat too. (apart from today), they did carve out some decent chances too.
Good as we were, they were appalling today. Doesn't take anything away from us, as ste says, excellent.

Unread 07-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Lok

Really chuffed with the team we put out. It's clear that Fergie wants to win the FA cup. Honestly thought he'd put the reserves out today.

For the first time since this quintuple shit started, for a brief moment; I believed it was going to happen.

Unread 07-03-2009, 09:32 PM
The Mull

Quote:
The swagger was back today
I thought United looked just as confident as you Ste

Unread 07-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Whalefish

If they were shite I'd hate to play them on a good day, they carved out some excellent chances first half. Heads went when the 3rd went in.

All over the pitch we were very good after a bit of an iffy opening spell. Special praise goes to Vidic, Carrick, Park and Tevez. The latter has looked a shadow of himself in recent starts but was top draw today.

Very good news for Utd, 4 excellent strikers in the squad. All appear to be entering a bit of form for some very important games.

Unread 07-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Bunker Buster

I thought we stepped off the gas a bit in the second half......

Could have finished it all off earlier.

Unread 07-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
If they were shite I'd hate to play them on a good day, they carved out some excellent chances first half. Heads went when the 3rd went in.

All over the pitch we were very good after a bit of an iffy opening spell. Special praise goes to Vidic, Carrick, Park and Tevez. The latter has looked a shadow of himself in recent starts but was top draw today.

Very good news for Utd, 4 excellent strikers in the squad. All appear to be entering a bit of form for some very important games.
thought rooney was fabulous after first 10 mins

Unread 07-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
thought rooney was fabulous after first 10 mins
That he was.

Unread 07-03-2009, 09:46 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

Agreed but they basically capitulated after the first went in, just gave up. Some of them should be embarrased by the 2nd half.

Anyway, as i say doesn't take away from a great performance for me.

Unread 07-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Bunker Buster

I love Bedders.

Nft.

Unread 07-03-2009, 09:49 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I love Bedders.

Nft.
Cheers.

Unread 07-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Cheers.

good lad.

Unread 07-03-2009, 09:53 PM
wonky no

exactly what i meant by saying we played better without ronaldo. 'swagger'.

not to say that ronnie is holding us back but we attacked ruthlessly through the middle and our wide play was direct. i think sometimes this season we have been using ronaldo a bit too much. last season it was the obvious thing to do, this season he hasn't been as devastating. a real team performance with tevez looking like a centre forward and rooney, well being rooney.

park was sensational. welbeck did very well but i thought ecclescakes was superb.

Unread 07-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
exactly what i meant by saying we played better without ronaldo.
And Berbie. And Scholes. And Giggs.

Unread 07-03-2009, 09:58 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
And Berbie. And Scholes. And Giggs.
Didn't Scholes rip that Fulham team to shreds a coupla weeks back?

Unread 07-03-2009, 10:00 PM
wiganste

Quote:
I think Berbles scored too....

Not really the point of the thread though. Let's enjoy our win, with or without Ronaldo and the others

Unread 07-03-2009, 10:01 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
park was sensational. welbeck did very well but i thought ecclescakes was superb.
His nickname has got to be : is he

Tumescent Throb

Quote:
doubtb that even entered Fulham's minds tbh

3-0 eh. yeah and

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I think Berbles scored too....

Not really the point of the thread though. Let's enjoy our win, with or without Ronaldo and the others
Of course, excellent win, great performance and some fantastic goals. What's not to like.
Closed Thread