United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 30-11-2011, 08:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default *Official* United v Crystal Palace Match Thread

Haven't seen one so here we go. Can't be arsed trying to decipher whatever depressing load of shop windowing reserves Fergie'll go for so here's my team :-

De Gea
Rafael
Smalling
Fryers
Fabio
Valencia
Poggers
Jones

Wellers
Pea

Unread 30-11-2011, 08:38 AM
MUFC One Love

I'm so excited about tonight.

A 2-0 win with no style whatsoever....

Unread 30-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Youngsters Zeki Fryers, Federico Macheda, Ravel Morrison and Paul Pogba are set to play, while Chris Smalling could return from injury.
So that probably means Gibson and Park will play in the middle then.

Unread 30-11-2011, 08:43 AM
dunk

Amos
Rafael
Smalling
Evans
Fryers
Gibson
Pogba
Park
Macheda
Diouf
Berbatov

Bench
W. Keane
M. Keane
Cole
Morrison
Jesse Lingard
Lindegard
Petrucci

Unread 30-11-2011, 08:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Amos
Rafael
Smalling
Evans
Fryers
Gibson
Pogba
Park
Macheda
Diouf
Berbatov

Bench
W. Keane
M. Keane
Cole
Morrison
Jesse Lingard
Lindegard
Petrucci
That's a £#%&!ing horrible team. Depressing in fact.

You hate Pip now he's a midfielder don't you.

Unread 30-11-2011, 08:48 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
That's a £#%&!ing horrible team. Depressing in fact.

You hate Pip now he's a midfielder don't you.
I hate him at RB too. CB or nothing please.

Why is it a depressing team? Sprinkling of youth, bit of experience, bit of shop window. Got the lot imo.

Unread 30-11-2011, 08:49 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I hate him at RB too. CB or nothing please.

Why is it a depressing team? Sprinkling of youth, bit of experience, bit of shop window. Got the lot imo.
No you hate him because he's become to all eyes but yours the quintessential midfield leviathan.

Gibson, Diouf, Park. It's like you want everyone to hate you.

Unread 30-11-2011, 08:52 AM
dunk

Quote:
No you hate him because he's become to all eyes but yours the quintessential midfield leviathan.

Gibson, Diouf, Park. It's like you want everyone to hate you.
Love Park, we need Gibson to get some games (sadly) and I feel sorry for Diouf, it's not his fault he's not good enough, a decent performance tonight could get him a move to the Championship on loan.

And Jones is no more a midfielder than Macheda is a left winger. I mean, he can play there, but he really shouldn't and it's horrible to watch. Only you actually think he's a midfielder, you and an Italian manager on the wane.

Unread 30-11-2011, 08:53 AM
no fun

we are going to lose 2-1

Unread 30-11-2011, 08:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Love Park, we need Gibson to get some games (sadly) and I feel sorry for Diouf, it's not his fault he's not good enough, a decent performance tonight could get him a move to the Championship on loan.

And Jones is no more a midfielder than Macheda is a left winger. I mean, he can play there, but he really shouldn't and it's horrible to watch. Only you actually think he's a midfielder, you and an Italian manager on the wane.

We DO NOT need to get Gibson games.

Feeling sorry for someone is no reason to select him in a United team.

Park is a good player if you are looking to stop the opposition playing, he's not a player I want to see at home in a game like this.

Fergie loves Jones in midfield, played him there in pretty much our biggest away this season.

Unread 30-11-2011, 08:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
we are going to lose 2-1
Definitely if we go with dunks depressing shambles.

Unread 30-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Time For Heroes

Amosers

Raffers
Smallers
Evansers
Fryers

Valencias
Pogbers
Ravvers
Parkers

Doofers
Macheders

Unread 30-11-2011, 08:59 AM
dunk

Quote:
We DO NOT need to get Gibson games.

Feeling sorry for someone is no reason to select him in a United team.

Park is a good player if you are looking to stop the opposition playing, he's not a player I want to see at home in a game like this.

Fergie loves Jones in midfield, played him there in pretty much our biggest away this season.
The only time he has played him there. Learned his lesson methinks.

Park's experience will be essential alongside Pogba, as Carrick, Fletch and Giggs are all required for weekend/next week and only one can play twice a week and as the other is suspended next week, the need for Gibson becomes apparent, however demoralising.

Diouf deserves a game, been playing well and banging them in for the reserves, and while he was shit in the last round, he did alright at Leeds considering he played RM () was heavily involved in both goals.

Unread 30-11-2011, 09:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
The only time he has played him there. Learned his lesson methinks.

Park's experience will be essential alongside Pogba, as Carrick, Fletch and Giggs are all required for weekend/next week and only one can play twice a week and as the other is suspended next week, the need for Gibson becomes apparent, however demoralising.

Diouf deserves a game, been playing well and banging them in for the reserves, and while he was shit in the last round, he did alright at Leeds considering he played RM () was heavily involved in both goals.
If your team plays the ground will empty by half time.

Unread 30-11-2011, 09:06 AM
dunk

Quote:
If your team plays the ground will empty by half time.
It will if your team plays. It's the CC ffs.

Welbeck is injured anyway, so someone has to play in his stead from your team (I think Berbs is too) and there is no way he's going to risk Cheech when he is one of only 2 fit strikers currently. Maybe drop Berbs from my team and stick in

At least there's no MO.

Unread 30-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Sloane

if pogba or morrison start (should be both) it might just be enough to take away the pain of either macheda or diouf on the wing

Unread 30-11-2011, 09:10 AM
dunk

I would be tempted to play Valencia actually, given his form he needs all the games he can get.

Unread 30-11-2011, 09:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
It will if your team plays. It's the CC ffs.

Welbeck is injured anyway, so someone has to play in his stead from your team (I think Berbs is too). Maybe drop Berbs from my team and stick in

At least there's no MO.
Not at all, everyone will skip to the ground with a joyous spring in their step. Then they'll stay to watch Fergies newest fledgelings spread their wings and fly!

Diouf and Gibson ffs.:shakehead:

Unread 30-11-2011, 09:11 AM
dunk

Quote:
Not at all, everyone will skip to the ground with a joyous spring in their step.

Diouf and Gibson ffs.:shakehead:
Gibbo is going to rise like a phoenix from the ashes of his United career and become the midfield dynamo we both crave and need, and will end up holding United to ransom on his contract before signing a new 5 year deal on £150k a week.

Diouf will get a brace if he plays tonight.

Unread 30-11-2011, 09:13 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Gibbo is going to rise like a phoenix from the ashes of his United career and become the midfield dynamo we both crave and need, and will end up holding United to ransom on his contract before signing a new 5 year deal on £150k a week.

Diouf will get a brace if he plays tonight.
In all the descriptions of the Phoenix I have read, never have the words fat, slow, useless, Irish @#%&! been used?