United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-04-2010, 05:28 AM
Sandman

Default Re: If money was no object, what needs to be done this summer

I see a lot of people saying they would like Rodwell, I haven't seen much of him but from what I have seen he looked like a Carrick type player to me, so I'd like someone who has seen him play more tell me why he's so highly rated.

The way some people are talking about him you'd think he'd have more to his game than being a stronger version of Carrick.

Unread 13-04-2010, 08:32 AM
MUFC One Love

It's a shame Anderson got injured this season when he did, I think the end of this season could have rescued his career at United, like Nani did. I certainly wouldn't sell him. As for Carrick, I think he should be sold, but unless we sign a top midfielder there is no point on selling him. Cleverley has impressed at Watford and I think he'll get his chance because we're skint, so he'll be a part of the squad next season.

David Silva is the one for me, he is a realistic target and just what we need in an attacking sense (I also think we need a 'combative' midfielder). He can link up midfield and attack and is so elegant on the ball, he would be great for us imo.

I can see Benzema coming on a two-year loan deal thing.

Apart from maybe one 'big' signing and Benzema on loan I can't see many other players coming in, maybe a few cheap players like Obertan, and I think a lot from the squad/reserves will go. I think Vidic will go, we'll be told Evans will replace him with Smalling coming in to develop, and a like I say a lot of squad/reserve players will go, meaning the net spend will actually be profit this summer.

Unread 13-04-2010, 09:12 AM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It's a shame Anderson got injured this season when he did, I think the end of this season could have rescued his career at United, like Nani did. I certainly wouldn't sell him. As for Carrick, I think he should be sold, but unless we sign a top midfielder there is no point on selling him. Cleverley has impressed at Watford and I think he'll get his chance because we're skint, so he'll be a part of the squad next season.

David Silva is the one for me, he is a realistic target and just what we need in an attacking sense (I also think we need a 'combative' midfielder). He can link up midfield and attack and is so elegant on the ball, he would be great for us imo.

I can see Benzema coming on a two-year loan deal thing.

Apart from maybe one 'big' signing and Benzema on loan I can't see many other players coming in, maybe a few cheap players like Obertan, and I think a lot from the squad/reserves will go. I think Vidic will go, we'll be told Evans will replace him with Smalling coming in to develop, and a like I say a lot of squad/reserve players will go, meaning the net spend will actually be profit this summer.
Mate, let it go, we won't be making any big signings. Just relax and enjoy your summer.

Unread 13-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Mate, let it go, we won't be making any big signings. Just relax and enjoy your summer.
We will sell though.

I'm expecting at least one major senior player to be shipped out, although it will probably be 2

My bets are on Berbatov and Vidic going, with Johnny Evans and Michael Owen to feel like new signings

Unread 13-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Appletango

Lukaku
Hamsik
Di Maria
Rodwell
Lloris
Dzeko

^^^^^ Any of these please.

Unread 13-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
If you're confident on this, will you leave the forum forever if we make a signing over 10m? I'd consider that a major signing.

Unread 13-04-2010, 11:03 AM
MUFC One Love

Thumbs up Re: If money was no object, what needs to be done this summer

Quote:

Unread 13-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
We will sell though.

I'm expecting at least one major senior player to be shipped out, although it will probably be 2

My bets are on Berbatov and Vidic going, with Johnny Evans and Michael Owen to feel like new signings

Unread 13-04-2010, 11:19 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Sign this lad in the Summer

Been very good for Spurs this season and dramatically improved his final ball. Playing him left midfield in front of Evra would be a good choice as they could link up nicely and allow Nani/Valencia to cover right hand side.

Only a young lad, and would not have to adapt to the English game unlike Silva etc.

Also he can take a good set piece which we are missing especially from Free Kicks.

Unread 13-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Been very good for Spurs this season and dramatically improved his final ball. Playing him left midfield in front of Evra would be a good choice as they could link up nicely and allow Nani/Valencia to cover right hand side.

Only a young lad, and would not have to adapt to the English game unlike Silva etc.

Also he can take a good set piece which we are missing especially from Free Kicks.

A massively overated player imo. Although to be fair he has been playing well since Christmas.

Unread 13-04-2010, 11:24 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
A massively overated player imo. Although to be fair he has been playing well since Christmas.
He's 20 years old, he struggled at Spurs for a while but he was used in/out and had that record (which weren't his fault)

Unread 13-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Liu Jian

His final ball is still poor imo. I've seen him get into good positions numerous times this season to only then fail to pick out a Spurs player.

Unread 13-04-2010, 11:47 AM
red in cumbria

£#%&!ing hell, *another* Spurs player??

Unread 13-04-2010, 11:53 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
£#%&!ing hell, *another* Spurs player??
Another LB?

Nah.

Unread 17-04-2010, 07:46 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

bttt!
Closed Thread