United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-11-2014, 05:00 PM
saffers

Would cry tears of joy if they brought back Robbie Keane.

Unread 30-11-2014, 10:03 AM
browser

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers said he was unaware of the 16th anniversary of captain Steven Gerrard's debut when he left him out against Stoke.

It was the first time Gerrard, 34, had not started a league match since New Year's Day, when he was injured.

"I wasn't aware it was 16 years until I walked into the dressing room and saw the programme," Rodgers explained after his side beat the Potters 1-0.

"I felt quite bad but he's a wonderful man. He thinks about the team."

Unread 30-11-2014, 01:29 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers said he was unaware of the 16th anniversary of captain Steven Gerrard's debut when he left him out against Stoke.

It was the first time Gerrard, 34, had not started a league match since New Year's Day, when he was injured.

"I wasn't aware it was 16 years until I walked into the dressing room and saw the programme," Rodgers explained after his side beat the Potters 1-0.

"I felt quite bad but he's a wonderful man. He thinks about the team."
Finger on the pulse Brend.

Unread 30-11-2014, 02:38 PM
Fat Al

This could be quite fun to watch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30264458

Unread 30-11-2014, 03:10 PM
taff

16 years ffs who gives a £#%&!? has no relevance to anything that's going on now.

for once i'm with rodgers on this one. stevie me needs to realise it's not all about him anymore.

Unread 30-11-2014, 03:16 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
16 years ffs who gives a £#%&!? has no relevance to anything that's going on now.

for once i'm with rodgers on this one. stevie me needs to realise it's not all about him anymore.
He´s going to hang around Anfield like a sulking little brat. Come in number 8 - yea times up.

Eric knew how to do it.

Unread 01-12-2014, 11:00 PM
Switching Off

Talking

https://vine.co/v/OvBUDvguVWM

Unread 01-12-2014, 11:09 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

Unread 01-12-2014, 11:11 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
you have won over 20million vees....wheres it all gone !!??

Unread 01-12-2014, 11:22 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

Incredible

Unread 02-12-2014, 12:43 AM
Grandadanne

This makes an old man very happy

Unread 07-12-2014, 07:13 AM
saffers

If he's willing to speak like this in public about his players, you wonder what he has said in private.
--------------------------------
“As as a club we felt that buying Mario was the solution at the time,” said Rodgers.

“In the summer, we had Rickie Lambert. Fabio Borini looked 100 per cent that he was leaving, and obviously Daniel Sturridge has shown in his career so far that he gets injuries.

“To go into the season with no-one else would have been very difficult for us."

“It would have been unfair to leave Rickie Lambert, as a 32-year-old, as the only other striker that we had.

I felt it was a risk we needed to take with Mario because, as a group, we couldn’t afford not to a that time.

“It was obviously late on and we needed to have someone in.

“It’s something that we can’t regret now. I made it clear at the beginning it was a calculated risk - and that is why he probably cost the money he did.”

Unread 07-12-2014, 07:26 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
If he's willing to speak like this in public about his players, you wonder what he has said in private.
--------------------------------
“As as a club we felt that buying Mario was the solution at the time,” said Rodgers.

“In the summer, we had Rickie Lambert. Fabio Borini looked 100 per cent that he was leaving, and obviously Daniel Sturridge has shown in his career so far that he gets injuries.

“To go into the season with no-one else would have been very difficult for us."

“It would have been unfair to leave Rickie Lambert, as a 32-year-old, as the only other striker that we had.

I felt it was a risk we needed to take with Mario because, as a group, we couldn’t afford not to a that time.

“It was obviously late on and we needed to have someone in.

“It’s something that we can’t regret now. I made it clear at the beginning it was a calculated risk - and that is why he probably cost the money he did.”
Honestly struggling to make sense of that

Unread 07-12-2014, 08:27 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Almost as if he didn't sign the 32 year old Lambert himself.

Unread 07-12-2014, 09:56 AM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Honestly struggling to make sense of that
Pure with a thesaurus

Unread 07-12-2014, 10:48 AM
Felch

Brendan: 'When I first came to Liverpool, I put my principles in place; this is the way I work.

'Once I was bedded in and people understood, I became a little more democratic, more educational. But after Palace, I’m thinking “Right, I need to become autocratic again.”

'I've provided even more clarity, been more concise in the ways of working.'

Unread 07-12-2014, 10:56 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Pure with a thesaurus
basically hes saying mario is shite and we didnt want him

Unread 07-12-2014, 10:56 AM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felch
Brendan: 'When I first came to Liverpool, I put my principles in place; this is the way I work.

'Once I was bedded in and people understood, I became a little more democratic, more educational. But after Palace, I’m thinking “Right, I need to become autocratic again.”

'I've provided even more clarity, been more concise in the ways of working.'
Working a treat so far

Unread 07-12-2014, 07:23 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Rodgers is such a £#%&!ing weasel.

Unread 07-12-2014, 07:26 PM
Sparky***

£#%&!ing hell. Throwing your players under the bus much, Brendan?
Closed Thread